Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Fix Burst Weapons (For Low-End Pc Players)

Rollerlane

So, we all know burst weapons lose out tremendously on fire rate when the framerate is slightly lower than average, so how about an option to change tapping left click to burst to holding down left click to burst. That way the no-reg (non-register) from firing burst weps while having low fps will be gone

Frame rate isnt always evil

yes it is. Video Games stopped tying things to Framerate in the 90's when it was realized that Computers with different hardware would experience things differently, often making the game play in unintended ways.

yet, in more recent years, the Industry is doing this again. did we not learn our lesson the first time? Framerate stays separate from everything. nothing relies on it for control.

period.

I remember that there was something in like U7 that tried to fix this.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27448-update-773-level-expansions-and-new-weapons/

- Fixed frame-rate affecting weapon fire-rate. Some weapons will have different stats in the UI: don't panic, the baseline values had to change when the frame-rate dependency was fixed.

It was then reverted some time later though, not sure when as I was inactive for a while and it was undone sometime before or within U12.

Just let us hold down fire to shoot at maximum rate. It works in TF2, it'd work in Warframe.

"But pistols are fired semi-auto!" i hear you cry. Then explain to me why you hold down the fire button to throw knives? Knives are hardly automatic weapons. It's inconsistent, and i feel that if i hold down the fire button, i'm instructing my character to attack as fast as he/she can, the actual mechanics of doing so (pulling a trigger, throwing a knife) is none of my concern.

Just let us hold down fire to shoot at maximum rate. It works in TF2, it'd work in Warframe.

"But pistols are fired semi-auto!" i hear you cry. Then explain to me why you hold down the fire button to throw knives? Knives are hardly automatic weapons. It's inconsistent, and i feel that if i hold down the fire button, i'm instructing my character to attack as fast as he/she can, the actual mechanics of doing so (pulling a trigger, throwing a knife) is none of my concern.

It'd save my poor mouse some wear and tear when it comes to semi-autos, that's for certain.