Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #39!

[DE]Rebecca

My questions to the Devs:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority ?

- For the Faction-related quests, Steve once said something along the lines of "bring them some piece of Orokin tech" in a past Devstream ( when the Red Veil and the Oracles of Saturn were first mentioned, iirc ). What if I simply do not want to share Orokin tech with other factions, despite being on friendly terms with them ? The way I see it, elevating others to our own technological level will hardly make it easier for us to "maintain the Balance".

Personally, I have no problem with freeing Red Veil operatives as part of creating/maintaining friendly relations to another faction ( in this case The Red Veil ), but handing them Orokin or Tenno technology seems like a bad move on our part.

Will refusing to do these quests just lock me out of that content entirely ?

- For the Focus system, are the lenses something we use like the potatoes, and should slap on every single bit of gear we equip so as not to waste the xp, in case we tend to swap between weapons/frames every few missions to keep things fun ? Or will it work more like an Aura/Stance, in that we only obtain one ( or one per type ) and can equip it in multiple weapons/frames ?

- When I was a new player, the Infested missions creeped me out bigtime. Barely able to navigate due to the darkness, with the glow of the floorfuzz ( the Infested stuff on the floors/walls/ceilings ) masking the glow of the eyes... Playing more by ear than eye to figure out when I was about to bump into enemies, and then running away frantically while emptying several magazines worth of ammo in their general direction because I was too afraid to melee 'em. Good times, good times.   =p

I'm quite happy I no longer have to strain my eyes in Infested missions like in the old days, though.

The Grineer Sawmen had a similar effect on me when I was a new player. Hearing the whine of that saw always made me extra careful. The thrill of hearing it grow louder when I hadn't spotted him yet... A relic from a time when I was too afraid to melee, sure. But to me, it added a lot of atmosphere. Despite those Sawmen splitting in two from a fumbled nudge of an unranked Skana or a shot of an unranked Lato, they still sort of demanded respect. The Butchers/Powerfists that replaced them never really got anything more than a shrug out of me, sadly. Any chance you'll add a few more of those touches in that create a better atmosphere, instead of just a "better enemy" ?

- Could we get more Lore, plz.   =)

And yes, I am aware none of these questions are related specifically to Archwing and Proxy Wars, but since we are already getting a preview of those, and you have been telling us you've been working on those, I'm perfectly happy to just sit back and see what you'll have to show.

My questions are about the things that may have been forgotten along the exciting other things you've been working on.

Misc:

1. Restrict the trade of ranked mods and prime parts using the mastery system

2. Increase switch to melee speed & switch weapon speed

3. Nekros

4. Progression

5. Warframe Evolution

6. Enemy Evolution instead of endless scaling

7. Parry system needs work

8. Inappropriate melee weapon speeds

9. Awkward combos and too few combos

10. Damage 2.0 Collateral

11. Useless mods

12. Dark Sectors riddled with glitches, unbalance, and lacks incentives

13. Shotguns

14. Ammo Eaters

15. Survival Spawn Mechanics

16. Dodge Movement, and Verticality

17. Puzzles and Investigation

Edited by Seanjuju

Melee:

Are ye ever going to address the issues many people have with timed attacks?

it does not fit the game well and can be hard to do in a heated battle, not to mention that people are admitting to not bothering with combs due to the difficulty of doing them and the fact that it's hardly rewarding, not to mention the fact that it also slows you down making it worse than quick melee.

The current system has a nice promise, but it executes poorly and make quick melee for convenient for not dying.

Melee Combos Take Too Much Concentration And Aren't Even Worth Doing.

Not Sure If I'm The Only One Who Feels This Way Regarding Melee Combos

Combo String System(Using The Reload Button) - A Better Combo System

How about holding down "use" "Switch" and "Reload" keys to execute different combos maybe even for quick shot ala Devil May Cry("Switch" key)? Holding down melee for either charge attack or another combos. You already got holding down "block" and "back" down, even holding down "Sprint" Speeds up the flow, but ultimately fails at making you as fast as quick melee.

And when are you going to improve quickening?

It makes no sense that you take away Fury's speed and give it to a mod that ruins your energy pool. 80% loss in efficiency just to get back the speed you lost with Fury's nerf. Fury should have NEVER been nerf and Quickening should NEVER make you lose 80% efficiency. You have Corrupt Charge" that you can use instead for better results with way less efficiency loss. If fury is going to be 30%, then quickening should not have efficiency loss at all, having to channel is god enough. I can reach more speed with using Volt/Valkyr, why even use Quickening. it's so useless. Energy drained in a few hits of a mob. Energy Restore can barely keep up and even using that is too much. 

In the end, timed attacks don't have to go, but hold attacks should be implemented as an alternative. it would be similar to hotkey, but would have that Devil May Cry 5 feel.

Even magically switch between each melee weapon with each button press by materializing them using nanotechnites(Or Nano tech)...

You have Sword, Scythe, galive equipped, hold or press each button i mentioned earlier to materialize them r simply have different combos for the same weapon.

And you should speed up the animation of each combos, there is no reason for them to be so slow and get you killed.

Melee Quick Shot

Melee Stance Mod Stat Rework (Multi-Hit/multi-Shot In Place Of Additional Mod...

Dagger Stance Attackspeed Bug?

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Impact, Puncture And Slash Are Meaningless - What are ye guys going to do about this?

sn8UaKa.gif

You even going to fix this?

Even the Glaive slide attack is strong than it's thow damage. Are you going to reverse this?

Also Mirage Hall of Mirror clones cannot toss the Glaive with it equipped. I do however see them toss it when it's not equipped, but only when hosting, much lke the dread issue especially with thunderbolt. You going to fix this?

Extras:

You guys ever going to start adding new tiles to old tiles again with each update or at least major update? The old tiles are getting boring and repetitive especially the age old ones.

You ever going to add custom player created tilesets like you said you guys would do?

You ever going to give kubrows an auto loot system like a trained pet and even sniff out enemies?

Would you be able to transfer to each planetary lobby w/o going back to Liset and have Ordis fly the Liset to your location. It would make the Liset similar to a "My Room" feature.

Would you be able to access the star chart and begin missions from the lobby without going into liset?

Would there ever be an HQ lobby?

I just want to say, um

there is no devil may cry

there is dmc , dmc 2, dmc 3., and dmc 4,

and then DMC

which is not dmc five,

things like just bug me.

you made great points

but calling DMC dmc 5 is just, bleh to me, its not dmc 5, it hasnt nothing to do with the last 4 games at all.

its it own thing.

Question-Will Archwing be able to be used on planets such as Earth, Europa etc planets with actual surface area or will it be restricted only to space?

Question-Where do all your weapons go when you go into space with Archwing (no Ninja magic answer will be accepted) also what happens to your Kubrow when you abandon him/her on the enemy ship? 

Tactical Alerts:

Has it ever been considered a reward system that scales reward tables with the conclave ratings of the most used weapons in the mission as an alternative to hard conclave caps?

UI:

Any new idea on making the UI more fluid? perhaps with the introduction of an aim&click system for the holo-panels in the Liset?

Edited by dadaddadada

Is there any update to the defense missions rewards stacking? I know it was discussed on a previous devstream but I don't remember any resolution to it. 

Also, pre U14, I could inspect the whole map of planets and moons that were available and see the progression path to get to them. I hadn't made it to Pluto or Ceres, but I knew they were there. U14 has removed that sense of progression. I still haven't made it to Pluto or Ceres and now, I'm not quite sure what the path is to get there anymore. For new players, the progress path is probably just as mysterious. Would it be possible to have all of the planets show up on the nav and locked planets give you an idea of what you need to do in order to unlock them? Something that lets people know that there's more out there. 

Finally Proxy Wars!

My main question if I am allowed to ask one, is how drastically will the dynamics of proxy wars affect endgame? Is it only going to be special appearances we can get? Or will it be expanded int eh future to include special (legendary?) weapons, mods and items that will further enhance gameplay?

Furthermore, will proxy wars give rise to even more assasins from each sub-faction? How will the dynamics of who we do and don't support affect the interaction between our Tenno and NPCs in the game, if any?

Additionally, could we also have an update on the hubs and whether they will eb drastically different from anything we've seen before?

sorry to ask thous this but I have a question....what exactly is proxy wars? a lot of people seemed to knwo about this but Im the only one who is completelly cluelles :(

Will we ever see a massive open tileset that features a Grineer city/Corpus city filled with civilians and some guards with stealth and exploration as the main feature? Sneaking through sewers to climb into a grineer storage warehouse, raid some caches, potential to unlock new quests. A few buildings open to explore with rooms and stuff. It would be very interesting to see what corpus and grineer civilians are like.

my Question is: will there be archwing PvP, if so will it replace rail conflict.

I'm kinda hoping it will. They said that archwing is a sub-arsenal with different weapons for it, so it would be completely different from regular warframe pve/pvp stuff. Plus, flying something around while shooting while attacking a solar rail from the outside with archwings requires more skill and would be more fun.

I'm kinda hoping it will. They said that archwing is a sub-arsenal with different weapons for it, so it would be completely different from regular warframe pve/pvp stuff. Plus, flying something around while shooting while attacking a solar rail from the outside with archwings requires more skill and would be more fun.

Bad words...

"Skill'  and 'Fun'

Using those will not win any friends.

MAN, I had an awesome question to ask, Ive been thinking about it for about a week now, But a few days ago I completely forgot what it was! 

I REMEMBERED IT!!!!!

0) We have seen neither head nor tail of Redskittlez Mios, which is the melee weapon im most excited about out of the three, any word on how that is going?

I guess Ill ask a few of my other question. 

1) Will we ever see a Corpus/Grineer, city/slums/urban tileset? one that has a bigger focus on parkour?

2) I LOVE Kubrow, any word on when they will be able to freely walk around the Liset, and also any word on them being able to parkour?

3) I think this one has been asked before but. Will we ever see 6 or 8 player "raid" style missions? ones that have a big epic scale to them?

4) Civilian NPC's on tilesets like Ceres, Jupiter, maybe even corpus NPCs on Eris? I know we will be getting some in the Hubs.

If I can think of more Ill add them.

Edited by Senketsu_

My selection of questions for this time, some new some old. I hope i didn't forgot those which got answreed.

Q1. In Devestream #38 and the Prime Time before that we saw you marvel over a very nice looking Skana replica. Too bad it's a toothpick ingame.

Any chance you could introduced buffed, mid level worthy, versions of the Skana and the Lato and turn the current versions into MK-1s?

Likewise since the Prime counterparts are truely locked away for many players, is there a chance you might introduce enhanced versions under a different label and design (ala the Dragon Nikana)?

Q2. Any chance you might bring the old (circular saw) Sawman back? I loved how you could sum up the Grineer approach to warfare with this unit.

Q3. How many people on the team are working on the Warframe and weapon balancing? Is it only Scott or is there a team for that? With the ever increasing number of weapons you add to the game, it seems like a sisyphosian* task for just one man to balance all that, while also being responcible for other parts in development.

*In case the name confuses someone. Sisyphos is a figure in greek mythology, forced to push a stone up a hill only to see it roll down again, having to repeat that action every day.

Q4. What exactly qualifies a weapon as clantech and what qualifies it as freely obtainable via the market (in blueprint form)? Is it something decided yet or will you revisit this later in development?

Q5. Why do you put new backround lore regarding the Orokin into the Warframe descriptions instead of giving it it's own section in the codex? Shouldn't Warframe descriptions be about how to best use a Warframe and what they represent, instead of throwing random trivia bits at the player?

Q6. Has the idea of introducing a manual knockback recovery option, aka. handspring mechanic, gone anywhere or have you dropped the concept for now?

Scott mentioned he talked with the animators about it a few livestreams ago.

Q7. How exclusive are event weapons which are reskins of regular ones, like those under the Wraith and Vandal label? Meaning, will these ever be rewarded again or are they exclusive to those who earned them during past events, similar to the original founder pack items?

Q8. The new Europa (ice planet) tilsets have turned out very good. Great work. Any plans on expanding the solar system by making other Jupiter or Saturn moons sectors too? For example Io and Titan.

Edited by Othergrunty

sorry to ask thous this but I have a question....what exactly is proxy wars? a lot of people seemed to knwo about this but Im the only one who is completelly cluelles :(

Proxy wars is where we fight for sub factions of each faction bud, eanign iI could fight for the grineer, but the Grineer have different sub-organizations etc. Meaning, while there may be a few main facitos, there are many sub-factiosn competing wiht each other and even some small factions who are neither grineer , corpus or infested

Questions:

1) Will we ever get a "free exploration mode" . I mean doing missions for Lotus is the only way to get out of my ship/dojo.   I want to go there and mess with stuff on my own...maybe to hunt wildlife or to trade with some corpus...on their "space blackmarket".

2) Will frames get more variant statsvise? Now everything is 100 or 150...thats kinda boring. Will there be any slight rebalance?