Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proxy Wars

Sitchrea

idk what proxy wars are...  i feel like a noob now

Side factions with their own rewards, equipment, missions etc.

From wiki:

Factions and secret organization emerge. Working for them earns ranking within their organization and unique benefits.

Expanding on the Gradivus Dilemma, we track player choices. XP earned on behalf of a specific faction is accumulated into a Mastery Rank-style progression for each group.

Working for one side may impact the attitude of another... that said we don't want you to dig too big a hole so we may soften this affect.

Secret Organizations exist that Tenno can embrace or reject - performing missions, special alerts, small quests allow you to rise through their ranks. The Red Veil assassins, the Oracles of Saturn... Proxy War grows the lore as well.

Sacrifices must be made - similar to how Mastery Rank is increased through tests, rising through Orders requires sacrifices to be made. The Veil may want a Bane mod, the Oracles may want Orokin technology. Earning favor will not be easy.

When your sacrifice is met and your standing increased you'll be granted exclusive benefits... the Grineer may share Grenade designs, the Oracles have Mod designs unheard of.

If you're in a Clan, the Clan becomes the sum of its parts. An organized Clan may concentrate their players to earn favors from some factions and organizations.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Hype is like a sugar high, you're all full of energy, and have the feeling that everything is awesome, until that crash where you feel like crap. Do not hype, its the worse thing that will ever happen. Look at what happened to Destiny, I'm not saying its a bad game, but they hyped it way to much, getting its player based hyped up for a large portion of expectation, only for it to crash and people moaning and whining that this is not what they advertise.

Hype is like a sugar high, you're all full of energy, and have the feeling that everything is awesome, until that crash where you feel like crap. Do not hype, its the worse thing that will ever happen. Look at what happened to Destiny, I'm not saying its a bad game, but they hyped it way to much, getting its player based hyped up for a large portion of expectation, only for it to crash and people moaning and whining that this is not what they advertise.

But this is player-made hype, so the only people we have to blame is ourselves! :D

*Snorts more Hype Train smoke*

Lol I actually thought they scrapped the idea.

I did too. I am so relieved that it's a thing!

I wanna dart to-and-fro between a Fomorian and Corpus Dreadnaught as shells and fighters swarm past, all the while blowing up everything in sight.

Mwahahahahaha!

Lol I actually thought they scrapped the idea.

They said "proxy wars" in one of their earlier Devstreams in the Summer of this year. I was like ":O" and wished they would have talked about it in the last Devstream. At least now they'll hopefully talk about it in full detail, or actually show some concepts for it.