Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decorations: Poll!

[DE]Rebecca

Dojo Decorations Poll  

1,611 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Please read the following before voting:

Our artists come to the Tenno with a question about Dojo decorations: What do you want to see more of?

Our Dojo decorations fall into some broad categories, and we're interested in which category you'd like to see more content for!

Category Examples:

The following outlines examples provided by our art team of what each category can contain:

Architectural Decorations – pillars, benches, gates, small freestanding constructions (like a gazebo), sculptures, platforms/ledges (for traversal challenges).

Aesthetic Decorations – lights, lamps, signs, banners.

Texture Sets – variations of the existing architectural materials, or new themed material sets i.e. classic Japanese wood and paper house construction. This could include colour tinting of existing materials (which we are already working on with the result being similar to tinting your Warframe character). This tinting was featured in Devstream #38 https://warframe.com/news/devstream-38-overview.

Interactive Items – drums, gong, bells, music player, teleport pads, jump pads, push volumes.

Lighting – ability to change the mood of your dojo through lighting tweaks.

Kitsch/Novelty Decorations – disco ball, light up floor, music.

Rooms – firing range, aquarium, obstacle course, storage room/vault (to display your loot), weapons room.

This poll allows you choose one of the above. We are interested in what you want most. Please discuss in this thread - you may indeed want all of them, but the team operates on a limited bandwidth and must prioritize! 

For rooms how aboutt docking station for our ships that's scaled based on clan size? Or something besides just appearing in a room

I would suggest improving the capacity for decorations in the 'Temple of Honor' which is obviously a Trophy room but since it has such a small capacity of 50 people put all their trophies and statues in the Clan Grandest Hall which has a capacity of 420, rendering the actual Trophy hall redundant. :/

Made a thread about it here > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/467318-temple-of-honor-extremely-limited-in-decoration-capacity/

Edited by Sci_Ant

Oh boy, time to whip out my laundry list!

- A Resource Donation Kiosk or "resource crates" that can be used as a means of donating materials to the clan.

- More. Statues. I need Excalibros in my clan's trophy room, and some more faction statues is always good.

- A simulation range, perhaps? Maybe even something like the simulation that Simaris has available, but for the dojo.

- Expanded color options. I know there's people out there that want to color their dojo like an Orokin tower.

- An Obstacle Course where people can't exploit and get "0m 0s" and requires more wallrunning.

- A liset docking area that displays some of the higher ranking Tenno's liset?

- Removal of the "clan hall prerequisite tree." Trying to reorganize what my old warlord has done to our dojo has proven to be pain-staking because of this feature. I think the "requires more rare materials and forma" approach would work better for this.

- So much more that I didn't write down on this list now that I think about it...

The ability to plop down Dojos on various planets rather than the default being 'floating spacestation'.
Different 'skins' for the basic architecture would be nice, too. Orokin, Grineer, Corpus and Infested flavours, just to spice things up a little.

I'm still waiting to finish my terracotta army of Grineer with a Vor too

• 3 weeks later...

please also consider removing decoration limits in rooms,i wanna be able to build build and build some more, the limit is disturbing me alot:(

edit:

i guess il add some stuff just incase.

- Textdecorations ( also being able to make the font big or small would be cool.

- Docking bay room where ships would be stored simular as the relays do it.

- Decorations that allow you to be creative " walls for example would be a start"

- Dojo animations ( for example being able to sit on a bench)

- il double add it cuz i totally need this " Remove the decoration capacity limit on rooms" people will know when its full, we haz  eyes for that.

- Maybe a control room? simular to the Observatory but then with machinery in it? ( some people like our clan build dojo as if its a big ship so would be cool for us/them)

- Change editor mode a bit? like you would just be the camera freely moving around while ur character is frozen in place? and you would be limited to the room your in, placing stuff in the middle of a circle proved to be a pain in the butt took me 40 min all because i couldnt get the right perspective lol

- and il add it a third time, please remove decorations limit per room i totally beg of you 

Warframe0224.jpg

here i made a test building to see how far id get with a treehouse , randomly placed some walls to see how the cost would be and after placing enough decorations for my building you can see the rest of the room is still completly empty, i cant work like this... so please consider removing that limit fo real

Edited by NickBoay

Add one Null vote.  

If DE would pay more attention to fixing the Clan problems, we'd be happier customers.

1.  Give leaders the ability to see who donated what and when.

2.  Allow us to DOWNSIZE the clan.

3.  Fix the Dojo spawn so we don't get stuck in a trading post when we load in (xbone)

4.  Add map markers for teleporters?  (It's a PITA to find them)

5.  Identify who is in which clan in the alliance list.

6.  Make it easier to leave a clan other than having to select your own name in the Clan communication.

7   And, I don't know, say something about when the Armistice is ending?

Thank you

Edited by (XB1)Zoltan6201

I think your right Zoltan6201. I can understand all your points you mentioned.

I would really appreciate those changes 'cause I think the Dojo is a huge part in Warframe what makes it diffrent and kind of unique but when we

don't get more options like turning of lights so that it's only lightened by lanterns or torches ( would be nice ), a hangar where the ships are docking from members who are in the Dojo right now, more colour and not 25 shades of blue, a huge biotonic garden or jungle room, shooting range or any other items you can interact with, I think this huge part what many love will get boring.

I went with ' I prefer decorating my own Dojo.' & 'see more rooms' with the following in mind.

I'd propose a new room be available in the dojo that is a players personal space. This space can be walked into, teleported into, visited or invited to. If you walk, or teleport into the personal space you will be in your own room. If you are invited to a personal space and accept, or elect to visit, you will be in the room of the space owner. Space owners can select whether to be open or locked to visitors, and/or customers.

Personal spaces can be used to display frames, weapons, trophies, noggles etc. Loadouts can be assembled, configured, modded and worn. Decorations can be individualised. Messages can be left by visitors, including offers for trade. There would be an interface for commerce that allows room owners to transfer saleables to the shop interface and set prices for offline automated sales, remove unsold items back to the inventory, and alter prices. The same interface will allow you to search for other peoples sales by item, category, rank, price etc, then choose to visit their space to make purchases or just to be nosey if they allow people to view their whole room in addition to their shop.

Ducks and Frogs! On a less serious note, textures and rooms (rooms that serve a purpose) would be nice also.

Player rooms is an interesting idea that seems to come up often enough, but I think due to the mass volume of players that is possible in a single clan they should for sure be separate from the main dojo. My whole Dojo is my tenno room so I am all set.

Edited by nickelshark

Tough vote is tough. I am a dojo / clan fanatic. Most of my WF time is spent managing clan / alliance stuff.

Listed in order of preference:

1. I voted Rooms first because the list in OP i really want first and have been hyped since prior devstream mentions thereof.

2. Textures second because room skins to go with our pigments would really spice things up and make each Dojo more unique. Orokin skin to match legacy dojo rooms or have the old rooms match the current Tenno skin, plus other skins, for example.

3. Aesthetic Decorations because being able to label signs and banners would be nice for my behemoth of a Dojo other than just slapping down transporters everywhere.

4. Lighting, again, to make each Dojo stand out, and each floor of my Dojo, too.

5. Interactive items so I can spend hours mashing buttons in various parts of the Dojo and enjoy doing so with the current interactives, bump this up if interactive includes ability for clan members to donate resources directly to clan vault instead of just credits.

6. Architectural Decorations because I could really use some Cherry Blossom / Sakura Blossom trees, if that's included in the list.

7. Kitch / Novelty Decoratons, while fun, are even more fun as Interactives, above.

Edit: Oops. Poll was from October of 2014. Woops. 

Edited by DietEbolaCola

• 2 weeks later...

Please make a weapon room! A place where you can test all your weapons' output against armor, shields, and flesh. That way you can get a better measure of your weapons and weapon builds.

Don't we have the Simulacrum in relays for this already?

• 2 weeks later...

things we all want, but won't get:

• firing range with arsenal station (testing all weapons and all mods without loading screen would be too awesome)
  • museum with a wide range of display cases (donating my old boltor, quanta, rhino or carrier for all to see their xp/used%/kills would be fun)
  • vault with unlimited storage (storing my rarely used equipment in dojo until DE finally fixes it would be useful)
  • command center / administrator panel (i would like accessing all research/teleporter/coloring/building/tradeing trough a single room/menu)
  • rooms which look being lived in (atm we can only clutter the rooms with unmatching props, what i really want is: railings on plateaus and stairs, planters in roomcorners with unique trees, decorations matching the rooms style, chairs and tables for a clan gathering, ambient music for gardens, usable sun lounger, couches and benches, ... you get the idea, simply no cold, steel or empty space station)
  • an option to build old style tiles (yes i am still not used to the new hospital style)
oh, and the red things are the things i mean when i say we won't get them.

I voted for rooms that I can decorate myself.

I know this is wishful thinking but personally, I would like to see all the rooms and hallways be built as a generic empty space for a very reduced cost ...some credits and salvage (does a hallway really need a forma?)..then you can choose a purpose for the room at an additional cost.

Let us lay out our base design then customize it to fit our needs.  Actually martial arts dojos, firing range, war room, meditation garden, observatory..etc. Then allow us to populate the rooms with the appropriate doodads and gubbins.   Maybe some different geometry, you know, things like curves...less boxy geometry.

*I know this is really really wishful thinking but being able to put in our own particles and triggered events would be awesome.*

Please make more interactive rooms. Less museum-esque 'look, don't touch' and more science world 'try everything' type of rooms.

Thanks DE

I build game levels as a hobby so any chance to do some extra modeling and scripting is perfect for me.

Edited by Praetorveel

• 2 weeks later...