Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decorations: Poll!

[DE]Rebecca

Dojo Decorations Poll  

1,611 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope the dojo will get the attention it deserves this year of the bettering. This is one of my favorite places in the game and I spend a ton of time there, deciding on the rooms' color palette, planting easter eggs, self-made parcours and little hidden cafés. Can't wait for more love for the dojo.

I really want to have the ability to place objects over those annoying (flat) lines. So much space gets wasted because you can't place an item over a line, which makes decorating way too limited. How is it that you can place bridges on pillars and walls (Don't get me wrong, it makes for an awesome "homemade" obstacle course) but you cant place said bridge over a little line? It drives me insane. Oh, and more interactive objects (to stick with the topic)

It's a bit late of a post, but I have to say, I vote textures, because I wish for the return of the old tileset in the Dojo. It was absolutely beautiful, and the dojos now seem a bit 'lackluster'--missing something that the old style captured perfectly.

Other than that, I'd love for something like a music player or a dance floor! Talk about some unique character! :)

Que incoming Narta dance move emotes! ;)

Plants and organics. The Japanese maples are a lovely touch, but I think the dojo could benefit from a wider variety of trees - mangroves, willows, and sweet osmanthus. Ferns, vines, and kudzu would be nice too.

And floating candles!

Edited by Ishteen

Ive put a lot of time into decorating my grand clan hall, and i just feel like we REALLY need option of putting grass. department store they sell those squares of grass. Just let us put grass over the entire floor. It doesn't have to be super fancy it can be like golf course grass or AstroTurf panels. Sand would also work since its fairly simple or gravel like you have in the yin and yang decoration. I resorted to making a sky garden because it just feels wrong to have trees growing out of metal., It would also be nice to get more variation in trees. I think its pretty reasonable to ask for cherry blossom trees considering the theme. i would REALLY love if we would get wisteria trees too. Having a proper fence would be nice. Just use the torii gate fence that you have on that one item.

It would also be super cool to get like a gazebo type dealy in the same design as those gates.

Also for statues it would be nice to get something similar to the nio guardian statues.

why not just have a decoration mode. So that you dont have to keep going through menus. You can place more than one decoration at a time. you click on what you want to edit and you click again to let it go.

heres how mine looks so far

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493047045065008/89696D07330102C19593DB29ED173D628A3BC1B2/

Edited by frostgibbon

I actually want to suggest a modifiable Obstacle course :D Or for that matter, maybe some kind of Dojo 2.0 update!

Technically we're already on Dojo 2.0 with the new tileset. But you're right, of course - the Dojo does need a lot of TLC. There's been a slew of great suggestions recently, from others and myself, as other topics in this forum. Should peruse them and throw in your thoughts, help give DE something to think about. :]

Oh, and yes, a modifiable obstacle course would be awesome.

Edited by Azimuth64

Everything?!

Would like to have pre-fab. rooms, but also like to do it myself. So I say have a choice between having the room pre-decorated through a random selection of a few sets or to do all the decoration yourself.

What i truly want to see is more rooms with only 1 door! a.k.a. Dead End rooms. You can only have so many Dueling Rooms...

I would really like to see a firing/ test range of some sort with Faction based targets with a real time DPS display: this would need to have armory functionality as well so that we can mod and switch weapons in the room.  If there is nothing else, I would want this

I really want to turn down the light levels in rooms: sometimes the dojo feels like a hospital.  Reducing the light levels would allow those pillar lanterns to really become functional and set a more mysterious mood.   Less like a hospital, more like a temple.

A bigger dueling room with more capacity to build objects in.  Customizable start points would be nice too. (Like the ability to start a duel from opposite sides of the room)

Place-able signposts/information boards. Wouldn't it be nice to put these up to give information out to members.

"Dead End" caps.  Something to remove those unsightly open node points in rooms that have unusable doors.  Heck, let us just be able to hang a tapestry over it or something, or turn it into a window.  Actually a window would be cool. or a Mirror.

Liset docking bay:  We fly into relays, it would be nice to park our ships here too.  Even a small docking area that looks like on-ship extraction points would be better than nothing.

The ability to check inventory in the dojo.  So we don't have to go all the way back to the Liset to check our inventories during a trade. You know what I'm talking about.

Some snowy Winter themed garden rooms.

Holodeck? 

I want to build an obstacle cource.

The one currently made is okay but when will you ever have to jump from pillar to pillar in a map. Even if it just walls we could attached to the dojo its self. We have the huge entry hall that would be great to modify as a cource. Wall run practis, cover, lazers.

Placing items in the dojo is broken. Please fix. Having a large empty room and not being able to place a small tree in it is very irritating. We also need more of a reason for people to want to be in the dojo other than for trading. Put more things like the obstacle course - useful interactive things.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small grocery list of suggestions:

-Let us change the orientation and Warframe model of the statue in the Temple of Honor, as well as decorate the top floor.

-More statues of enemies and bosses (just jam more enemy models on pedestals, done).

-Flatten the geometry of some of the large gardens to make it easier to place decorations on them, currently the geometry of the ground in the Leto garden for example is very difficult to work with and prevents the placement of most props like bridges and arches. Clipping issues with some props are preferable to this as we can work around them.

-Give us the option to replace some of the ceiling lights in certain rooms with windows into space. A good example being the ceiling lights in the Leto Garden or Temple of Honor that are just flat textures, which could be replaced with windows like in the Junno Water Garden for great effect. Just looks nicer and makes you feel like you're in a space station.

-On that same note, more window features in general.

-A docking bay for the Liset with animations would be cool and add to immersion, like when you land at a Relay.

-Optional Orokin tileset, or even faction-themed tilesets in the future like the labs have.

I absolutely love the dojo system and everything you guys are doing with it, it's so much fun to mess around with.

Still have not seen anything come from this poll sadly :<  I made a suggestion post that has kinda turned into a small megathread of sorts. If you guys have any ideas or see anything on my thread that you could add more suggestions to please make a post :D I'll gladly add them in.

1.) Clan dojos need windows, it feels very claustraphobic* when going through tiny hallways. There's that observatory but it only shows outer space.  Would like to be able to set up shop near the void or saturn kind of like the liset.  Option to move the clan dojo where you want it; under the water in the new tileset,  hide within earths massive forest, in the gas clouds of Jupiter, or crash into the sun. 

*Example: a. Hallways enclosed with a glass cylinder so anyone going through will be able to see outside.  

b. If the hallway(a) is attached to one of the two side doors of a Great clan hall, a tenno should be able to see the

other door (back of it) of that clan hall as long as its within two rooms (ex. bio lab = 1 room).

c. Elevators can be changed to just simply a teleporter from one pad to the next or much like the elevator in the                                relays. When viewed from the outside it would appear as a pillar of light going up/down respectively.

2.) Additionally, would like new decor with varying shapes to make a giant freakin' robot incase of kaiju attacks. 

3.) Corpus and Infested statues.

4.) Obstacle course for Parkour 2.0 and Archwing.

Edited by T3RT1UM