Bounce Pad Idea: Linked Pads

Eyeless

Probably one of my favorite abilities in this game, and it's about as under appreciated as Switch Teleport and Super Jump.

I primarily use this in choke points or problem areas where enemies commonly spawn/stand to take shots from longer ranges, as well as for mobility. 

Keeping enemies off key areas of a tileset is the main usage I get from this power however, and it's incredibly effective when used in conjunction with his other powers and the weapons of your choice. 

However, it is a little tedious to get pads aligned just so, or to get enough of them to cover certain areas when initially entering without a maxed energy pool. (225 in my case with efficiency) 

My idea was to have it so that whenever multiple bounce pads are within a certain range of one another, they become linked. While linked, the pads maybe have a line connecting them, an flat/wide line, something that makes it so that when enemies walk through the area between the linked pads, it activates both of them, bouncing the enemy up or away. 

To compensate, any linked pads get double their maximum uses, so 8 for every pad that gets linked, with quicker cool-down time.

This would better encourage cutting off larger areas with this trap and serve to better protect pods and excavators with a large amount of linked pads. 

This would synergize incredibly well with Tesla if it ever got the proc chance buff it needs, as well as with any wide AoE weapon. 

Yes, I am well aware Bounce Pads can be used to bounce around and troll other players, but nonetheless it is an incredibly useful ability when applied correctly, and I feel this would increase its utility exponentially. 

So I'd appreciate it if all any posters on this thread have to say is "It's only good for trolling." "This will only make it easier to troll" ANYTHING pertaining to trolling with the Bounce Pads to steer clear of this thread.

For those who appreciate and use this ability for its actual utility, post your thoughts below! 

Wait...

-snip- as under appreciated as Switch Teleport -snip-

Switch Teleport? Underappreciated? Obviously, someone's never gone and played Stuck Savior Loki. Decoy on a safe spot in line of sight from the person stuck, Switch Teleport them out, switch with the Decoy, continue on your merry way. People will appreciate Switch Teleport then!

I think that there should be simplier implements for a Bounce rework. I am quite doubtful about that idea being that much efficent due to some range issues, if I understand well (if an enemy triggers the bounce, the explosion has to be bigger than the bounce itself if you hope to catch more ennemies, which is logic because if an ennemy triggers a bouncepad on which the aera of effect is the same than the aera of trigger, you would only be able to catch one enemy... I don't know if I explained clearly, because it's a bit hard to represent). Also, that new functionnality requires 50x2 energy in order to operate (without mods). This may feel a bit useless when for lesser cost you can just throw a bastille (or a Vortex for the same cost) and just enjoy the result for a single cost. Just my opinion though.

Not a bad idea, though I can see it conflicting with certain level geometry. Particularly when a Bounce is placed on a vertical surface. What happens when a vertical Bounce and a horizontal Bounce are linked? In which direction are enemies launched?

I'd like to see Bounce's activation diameter increased for when enemies step on it. That's a pretty simple rework, though I like the OP's because it turns the skill into something that requires more thoughtful placement.

And yes, Tesla status chance needs to be upped.

I think that there should be simplier implements for a Bounce rework. I am quite doubtful about that idea being that much efficent due to some range issues, if I understand well (if an enemy triggers the bounce, the explosion has to be bigger than the bounce itself if you hope to catch more ennemies, which is logic because if an ennemy triggers a bouncepad on which the aera of effect is the same than the aera of trigger, you would only be able to catch one enemy... I don't know if I explained clearly, because it's a bit hard to represent). Also, that new functionnality requires 50x2 energy in order to operate (without mods). This may feel a bit useless when for lesser cost you can just throw a bastille (or a Vortex for the same cost) and just enjoy the result for a single cost. Just my opinion though.

Most of the perks of Bounce Pads are that they're less static than his other three skills. I can just leave a strategically placed set of pads somewhere and forget about them until they're gone. Bastille, Vortex, and Tesla I need to keep an eye on so I can recast when needed. 

The linking mechanic is really only to take better advantage of the amount of ground you can cover with wisely placed pads. 

I understand what you're saying though. Maybe have the link be a max of two to three pads per link? 

If nothing else, widening the AoE of Bounce would be great. 

I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of support this idea has gotten, the positive feedback is most welcome. 

Most of the perks of Bounce Pads are that they're less static than his other three skills. I can just leave a strategically placed set of pads somewhere and forget about them until they're gone. Bastille, Vortex, and Tesla I need to keep an eye on so I can recast when needed. 

The linking mechanic is really only to take better advantage of the amount of ground you can cover with wisely placed pads. 

I understand what you're saying though. Maybe have the link be a max of two to three pads per link? 

If nothing else, widening the AoE of Bounce would be great. 

Indeed, Better range while Bounce is triggered by an ennemy would be the best IMO, something like a 5m AoE.