Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way To Improve Event Slash Mods, Make It Act Like Elementals

yarash2110

how about making the new event slash mods act like elementals, what i mean is that it will scale of of base damage instead of just slash damage, although i think it will need a nerf if that will be done but at the same time it will enble the use of slash damage on weapons that don't have it on base, and i think that's great

I strongly agree with the original poster. I would love to be able to make my AkBoltos (my sidearm of choice) have more slash damage than puncture so that when I use them with Nekros, I can get dismemberment and more desecrate opportunities.

I would also love the option of being able to throw some base damage mods on Castana so that they would be able to do damage on impact (even though, with such a build, they could be less useful for stealth - human-grineer-infested walking traps).

And lastly I want my Fang Prime to have some freakin' slash damage. Why? Because just look at them: they are dual short sabers! If DE won't give it to me, then (by following the OP's excellent suggestion), they would at least enable me to give it to myself.

And lastly, I strongly second BrotherIcarus' point that - needless to say - the same principle should obtain for Puncture and Impact damage as well.

The gibs are why I use the MKI Braton and Lato still, among other slash heavy weaponry.  I get what the 120% mod is trying to do - a weapon with 75% of it's base damage being the matching damage type will get as much mileage as a 90% elemental mod would from the total base damage.  To add, if a mod like, say, sawtooth clip were to be buffed to be a X% slash/+60% status mod, it would have to increase slash damage by 80% to match the similar elemental mods.

I should mention that the only weapons that really fit this description off the top of my head are the dread, miter, and flux rifle...  Puncture has a way larger selection and I think impact lacks any showing at all.

Still, I wish the physical damage mods operated in the same way that elemental mods did because like TennoSimons and Tr1ples1xer above me, I'd like to convert my favorite weapons into slash heavy guns.  Gibs are satisfying.

Edited by Littleman88

oh right, there were once a time where I was thinking the formula for IPS mods are bugged in the current way they are and that, that nighmare mod for shotguns (accelerated blast I think?) had the real point of the IPS mods but it got changed back.

Lets hope, I want gore like the next killing floor game :D but I know that won't happen.

Like Killing fl...That might be a little much. :p

The removal of charge attacks made our weapons feel odd,imo. Less powerful. "My daggers cut people in half sometimes,it depends..."(?!)

If they deleted it because of galatine spammers,I'm convinced they still can add them ingame & solve it! Bringing a cost to these attacks, for instance.

Like Killing fl...That might be a little much. :p

The removal of charge attacks made our weapons feel odd,imo. Less powerful. "My daggers cut people in half sometimes,it depends..."(?!)

If they deleted it because of galatine spammers,I'm convinced they still can add them ingame & solve it! Bringing a cost to these attacks, for instance.

Maybe as an alternate channeling effect?