Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapon For Dealing With Ancients

Killist

Ancients, especially disrupter type, give me a lot of trouble.

Using melee weapons like Gram or Dual Ether leaves me quite vulnerable to their tentacle attack thing and using Gorgon or Braton takes a LOT of ammo.

What is the best weapon for dealing with the ancients?

I can take out any Ancient with Dual Ethers and only at Rank 30, as for weapons, the Hek, when shooting at the knee/boot will take 3-5, maybe 6 shots. Adding fire mods to weapons also grants some more damage, at least I find fire damage to be most effective against infested.

Thanks for the replies!

I've just reached rank 3 few nights ago so Hek will be some time down the road for me.

Also, I did not know that ancients have weak legs. And here I was emptying clip after clip trying to find its head :(

I am not sure which is the best weapon to use, i haven't tried them all, but i use a Scindo with Charge Damage/Fire/Ice mods installed.

If I recall correctly, ancients have a slight weakness to Armor Penetration damage to the head. Otherwise, you want to unload into their leg. Preferably under the orange kneecap. The Lex and Hek have given me extremely favorable results.

Can somebody help to clarify the  Ancient's weak point? I usually find that with semi auto weapons, hitting the head usually wields 2x damage. tried hitting the knee (many areas, including the "eye" on the thick leg) but it doesn't feel effective.

But when I am using shotgun, aiming at the knee seems to have a high chance of causing criticals? (maybe because there are more projectiles and critical is computed per projectile?)

Can I conclude that hitting the head provides a consistent 2x damage while hitting the knee yields normal damage but higher chance of criticals?

According to the WIKI ( for ancient weak spots)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Disruptor

So for those who dont have access to the HEK, the Strun do the same job with a shorter range, only prob is the reload time in early lvl but with the right mods its ok, plus strun got a polarity slot, its cheap, tiny more ammo and early acces to it in-game.

Edited by BeeM

Dual Ethers can stunlock Ancients.

Seriously. Just keep hitting them with normal melee (and throw in the odd charge). They will not be able to retaliate. Unless there is more than one, it's an auto-win. Even against multiple, with Freeze on your weapons you may be able to keep them locked down.

Dual Ethers can stunlock Ancients.

Seriously. Just keep hitting them with normal melee (and throw in the odd charge). They will not be able to retaliate. Unless there is more than one, it's an auto-win. Even against multiple, with Freeze on your weapons you may be able to keep them locked down.

I'm not sure why you would use the Dual Ether's charge attack, but other than that this is correct. Dual Ether are borderline overpowered. 100% stagger, and with a frost mod (Because why wouldn't you have it on anyways?) you can easily stunlock multiple ancients.

I'm not sure why you would use the Dual Ether's charge attack, but other than that this is correct. Dual Ether are borderline overpowered. 100% stagger, and with a frost mod (Because why wouldn't you have it on anyways?) you can easily stunlock multiple ancients.

You can do that with any melee weapon that hits multiple targets.