Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Whole Ebola Situation Is Getting Me Stressed And Stuff. [Update]

JaysInc

Like I keep worrying myself everything my lower stomach feels funny and cramps up a bit. Even my Dad and I know that I couldn't have caught it since I'm nowhere near anyone that was infected.

Ugh....

So today I went to the doctor to see what that feeling I got in my abdomen is? Luckily it was just a stomach bug that was going around and I just so happen to catch it. Also my "irritating eyes" was caused by an allergic reaction to ragweed.

So Im good.

Edited by JaysInc

I would strongly suggest you stop watching the news for a while.

Ebola is incredibly deadly, but the manner by which it spreads is easily managed. It only turns into a huge outbreak in places where there is very little basic hygiene, like very rural areas in very poor countries.

As long as you don't touch anyone's blood, excrement, saliva or bodily fluids you'll be fine.

As long as you practice basic hygiene you really won't get Ebola. At all. Ever. It's really not hard to stay safe from it.

The 'pit' in your stomach feeling is a result of stress/anxiety. It's something I've felt before when I had a panic attack/been very stressed/etc. It's a normal psychosomatic reaction.

The 'pit' in your stomach feeling is a result of stress/anxiety. It's something I've felt before when I had a panic attack/been very stressed/etc. It's a normal psychosomatic reaction.

Then we have to do one thing that will work. Lets all give JaysInc a big group hug! :3

Like I keep worrying myself everything my lower stomach feels funny and cramps up a bit. Even my Dad and I know that I couldn't have caught it since I'm nowhere near anyone that was infected.

Ugh....

As long as you don't start bleeding from ALL of you Holes you will be ok :D

On the one hand the CDC says not to worry, hard to catch. On the otherhand, hospital staff say they are vastly underprepared for an Ebola outbreak, and WHO's outlook is serious. If you're really worried about catching it, wear gloves everywhere. There are no conclusive studies on how long Ebola survives on surfaces (mostly sweat/oils from body), anywhere from hours to days.

Sure Ebola is pretty nasty, but in all honesty you are more likely to be hit by a car while crossing the road, than to contract Ebola. And even then if you are a healthy adult and are cared for, the mortality rate is only about 20%

I'll worry about it when it becomes worse than the yearly flu.