Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Was My Thread Deleted?

Veemaxt

Hello Forum Admins and Mods,

just out of interest, why was my thread about what I found on Ebay deleted? 

It would be nice to receive a small notification when content is deleted. Deleting without saying anything leaves a bad aftertaste and leaves me thinking if there is some sort of censoring going on?. 

Would you kindly let me know what happened ?

Thanks.

Probably a good idea to PM the commods about it rather than make a thread. Im sure they had a reason to delete it. Also I agree a notification when a thread is deleted would be very nice. 

^this

If you have a problem or a question about moderation, PM someone. Making threads about moderation is generally against the rules.

Am I not allowed to question a moderation?? I think so! 

I have moderated forums for the last, hmm, almost 20 years now, and know that a forum is a 2 way game. If my thread is deleted without any sort of notification, I find this highly unusual and request clarification. I'm not having a dig and not questioning anyones authority. Im simply asking what happened :)

However, I must add, I did actually open a support ticket yesterday to expose my "finds" :) Might have something to do with this. 

Im sure this happened to me before with another thread though. I just don't think it right to delete content without the Author being informed, and, more importantly, explaining why. As a Mod, I risk the user repeating the thread I deleted if I don't explain why it was deleted in the first place :)

I will also write a PM.

Probably a good idea to PM the commods about it rather than make a thread. Im sure they had a reason to delete it. Also I agree a notification when a thread is deleted would be very nice. 

Indeed; locking thread.

If you would like some insight as to why your thread was hidden, please contact me via PM.