Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Tweaks And Mechanic Addition

Renegade343

Mk1 braton proc chance is 5% per bullet and shoots 7.5 bullets per sec ->  Loosely you can say 37.5% chance to proc per sec ( 5%*7.5/sec). 

spoiler tries to explain it differently

It has 5% chance per roll and 7.5 rolls per sec-add them up you get the chance per sec. if you don't like reading 7.5 rolls per sec, we can say it has 5% chance per roll and 15 (7.5x2) rolls every 2 sec. 

If you don't like how that reads, think about flipping 10 pennies in 1 sec. About how many heads will you get on average per sec? Roughly 5 heads per sec. Or the penny procs heads about 5 times per sec >.>. You can extend that thought process to a 6 sided die, 18.6% chance of landing on 1. Now roll that die 3 times per sec for 2 sec you'll get roughly 1proc in those 2sec or 50% proc chance per sec.  I think I gave enough examples.

Amprex is well, 20% per sec. Cuz it says that.

37.5 > 20

It's a play on words de used for channeled weapons. And like I said on post 20, it's a common misunderstanding I see all the time in the forums and in game region chat.

I think you got it wrong. 

The status chance for the Amprex is per shot, not per second. That means the status chance probability of the Amprex will be higher than the MK-1 Braton. 

EDIT: And the MK-1 Braton only has a 1% status chance. 

Edited by Renegade343

MK-1 Braton has a 5% chance, according to in-game codex.

Amprex at best does a check every time it displays a damage number, I can't remember off-hand how many tick it generates per second, but the 20% displayed in the Ui is the chance it will apply a single effect in 1 second. This would be something like if it had 3 tick per second it would have a 7.1%(roughly) chance to proc per tick.

Aprex and synapse, and the others, are not high status effects per second weapons, even with their relatively high chance of application. It was a direct nerf to the weapon in one of the updates (please do not make me find the update number).

I can't remember off-hand how many tick it generates per second, but the 20% displayed in the Ui is the chance it will apply a single effect in 1 second. This would be something like if it had 3 tick per second it would have a 7.1%(roughly) chance to proc per tick.

first tic at 1/10 sec than every 1/3 sec after.  I really hate that about channeled weapon dmg. So hard to figure out what exactly is going on.

Edited by Quizel