Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes To Mirage Skills

Reaver_X

2 skills i think should be tweaked a lil.

Hall of mirrors: its offensive capabilities are great and make for some unique weapon combos, but its defensive capabilities just arent that great. I easily still get shot dead even with it up. it should make it much harder for enemies to hit me than it already is.

Eclipse: its a great skill, but doesnt feel all that practical most of the time, it should allow u to swap between buffs at will rather than depending on where u stand.

thoughts?

Mirage is already more powerful than any other frame out there atm by a landslide, I think she should keep what little weaknesses she has, or have her skills "reworked" somewhat to the point where the changes you mentioned wont make her too broken.

Edited by Flowen231

No more nerf/buff..

She's already great.

She's really great,

Infested Defense?

Use Attica and Thunderbolt.

Exterminate?

Use Soma.

Boss?

Use Soma.

Tank?

Use Eclipse.

Full of enemies?

Use Prism.

Stealth?

Use Sleight of Hands.

Want fire work?

Use Explode Weapon.

She's very powerful, she can make MK1-Braton to OP weapon.

So why Buff her?

Edited by Hacker.Nova

but i cant run a t4 survival or defence with her, without being downedmultiple times, she just goes down way too easy, eclipse....some places just have very few dark spots to work with.
 and when im playing in high lvl content like t4's, i feel like i shouldnt even bother with mirrors cuz i still get shot thru them and downed multiple times anyways...

but i cant run a t4 survival or defence with her, without being downedmultiple times, she just goes down way too easy and her skills are  not aleviating any of that at all, eclipse....some places just have very few dark spots to work with.
 and when im playing in high lvl content like t4's, i feel like i shouldnt even bother with mirrors cuz i still get shot thru them and downed multiple times anyways...

but i cant run a t4 survival or defence with her, without being downedmultiple times, she just goes down way too easy, eclipse....some places just have very few dark spots to work with.

She's not for defense, at least you've Attica equip thunderbolt.

People usually use Frost and Nova as a Defense tier, including me.

Eclipse is great, At Dark she get Armor buff, at light she get damage buff.

She doesn't great at defense you're using her wrong.

Mirage is a glass cannon, and she is not meant to survive everything. If you are having trouble staying alive with her, work together with teammates to help make up for her weaknesses or play extra carefully if in solo.

As for her abilities, I think they are fine. Hall of Mirrors adds increased survivability by making enemies shoot around you (not quite at you) while adding extra damage and more chances to proc, and Eclipse can either boost your damage by an insane amount (usually the case) or reduce all incoming damage by a likewise insane amount (dark spots can be hard to find, so that's hard to take advantage of).

Prism can also drastically increase her survival rate, as its blind at the end covers a large area and effectively puts enemies out of the fight for a while. You'd have to avoid use of Narrow Minded to easily take full advantage of it, though.

Mirage is a glass cannon, and she is not meant to survive everything. If you are having trouble staying alive with her, work together with teammates to help make up for her weaknesses or play extra carefully if in solo.

As for her abilities, I think they are fine. Hall of Mirrors adds increased survivability by making enemies shoot around you (not quite at you) while adding extra damage and more chances to proc, and Eclipse can either boost your damage by an insane amount (usually the case) or reduce all incoming damage by a likewise insane amount (dark spots can be hard to find, so that's hard to take advantage of).

Prism can also drastically increase her survival rate, as its blind at the end covers a large area and effectively puts enemies out of the fight for a while. You'd have to avoid use of Narrow Minded to easily take full advantage of it, though.

loki is pretty squishy too...yet he still has way better survivablility thru his skills, sure he'll go down easy if u hit em, but u gotta hit em first....mirage should be a bitmore like that......

also i kinda need narrow minded, for the rest of her skills besdies prisim.

Edited by Reaver_X

loki is pretty squishy too...yet he still has way better survivablility thru his skills, sure he'll go down easy if u hit em, but u gotta hit em first....mirage should be a bitmore like that......

Loki isn't a glass cannon, though. In fact, he has no damaging abilities at all. He has abilities to redirect enemies and avoid damage, not kill them.

They are completely different frames and roles.

I would like to see Mirage's clones absorb bullets from enemies instead of the bullets passing through and hitting you.

eclipse is perfect how it is. I love the damage boost and when you get oh S#&$ moments you can activate it and glide into the shadows.

I WOULD like to see Slight of Hand reworked. I've never been able to work with this ability. I think that she should get an alternate mod for this slot.

it would make mirage take the form of any enemy, including their weapons and abilities.

IE: she could become a Napalm, Bombard, or Heavy Gunner and use their weapons with the stats of that enemy that she took over, so if she is in a mission with a level 106 Bombard she could become that mob and open fire on the enemies. when that incantation of the enemy dies she returns back to her normal form.

it would give stealth benefits because she is one of the enemy, she does not get things like melee stealth buffs and things and she would be unable to parkour or anything.

Mirage is fine. The only thing I don't like about her is that her bread and butter skills (Mirrors and Eclipse) are just straight buffs. They don't really add much to how you play her; they're just things to have active as much as possible so you can nuke things. It ends up making the frame feel a little stale outside of Prism.

Sleight of Hand is garbage though, not gonna lie. And I have no idea how I'd change it.