Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interview: Steve Sinclair On Warframe’S Archwing Update

Jimddu

Comments sections ANYWHERE in the internet are so poisonous...its crazy how consistently everywhere there's an argument broiling in almost every comment section you come across.

Would that fall under Skarka's Law?

"On the internet there is no subject so vile and indefensible that someone won't post in defense of it"

Would that fall under Skarka's Law?

"On the internet there is no subject so vile and indefensible that someone won't post in defense of it"

I'm not familiar with that theory, but I just might believe it.

...this isn't irony is it?

RPS: Warframe has always focused on agility and supermobility. Were there problems on that front with transitioning the warframes into space?

Sinclair: We wanted to take all the muscle memory [players] have from the game for sliding and dodging and that sort of thing so all of that is mapped to Archwing. Your sprint is a boost instead and when you slide in space you do this cool drift manoeuvre so you’re harder to hit. One of the decision we made early on which was a bit controversial was – I’m not sure if you ever played Descent? – you could bank and what was “up” could change. The first version of Archwing had you flying around and nothing was [predefined as] “up” so you could tilt and then up was to the left. It was super vomit-inducing and went one step too far into being uber hardcore.

RPS: So at first you had no absolute directions or compass points?

Sinclair: Yeah, so if you got into some strange configuration you had this woozy feeling and couldn’t figure out what was happening. We locked that plane. You can still move in those six degrees of freedom but there’s a very specific “up”!

Aw man, no crazy space flip out? So, ca we still just chose to do the whole mission inverted to the specific up? Or will we sort of, auto-float around to be standing in a less nauseating way?

Poland CAN.  Poland can.  

Also I would donate money specifically for someone to design a kubrow flailing in the background of an Arcwing hensin sequence.  I imagine the poor thing desperately attempting to paw the ground while holding it's breath, forcing ordis to send a pole down to snag it reluctantly.  Many hilarities would be had.