Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage Mod

(PSN)Veg1ta

Question

21 answers to this question

Unless you have quick thinking equipped if you're at 2 health and taking damage then you're already dead. If your issue the fact that rage+QT works that way now then I guess I would agree taking literal invincibility out of the game is a nerf.

Yes i use both, rage will only help the first time i take lethal damage , there after its totally useless unless i top up 300 health its a complete waste of a mod slot, and how much energy do i get from just 300 health ? Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

40% Energy from health damage taken so with 300 Health pool, Taking say 240 damage will give you 96 energy which depending on your frame and setup allow you to use an ability to save your @$$.  It may not be useful as before with all frames using the Rage/QT combo, but there are other uses for sure.  Just more specific.  It was overpowered and unintentional before, so they corrected it.

Edited by ZenBlade01

Ps4 player here, just updated and got question about mod, is there any point using rage with low health pool now ?As i understand it when my health pool reaches 2 rage is null and void, meaning it will just drain energy and not give any back.

If you use Quick Thinking you should use Rage even if your Health pool is low. Because even that little damage you take to health, 40% will go to your energy, and those 40% will turn into 240% after you reach 2 Health.

Unless you use lots of energy plates, that works too. Personally when doing mission with friends and clan mates, i don't feel the need to use Rage (Or Energy Siphon) because we are coordinated, usually play with voice chat, and deploying lots of energy and ammo plates whenever needed. Things are different with random public matches though.

quick thinking with 450 energy pool vs redirection and vitality, whats better for caster?

450 energy pool with quick thinking means 1530 effective health pool. Take your own conclusion. ;)

Edited by RexSol

You don't need quick thinking.  Rage has more utility, especially with a larger health pool.  Any caster should have moves that can either save them or kill everything if they have enough energy.  The only exception I can think of is desecrate nekros and he should be protected by a squad in big boy runs.  I solo with nekros all the time in non void runs even without equilibrium.

You don't need quick thinking.  Rage has more utility, especially with a larger health pool.  Any caster should have moves that can either save them or kill everything if they have enough energy.  The only exception I can think of is desecrate nekros and he should be protected by a squad in big boy runs.  I solo with nekros all the time in non void runs even without equilibrium.

But mistakes do happen and quick thinking has saved me on many occasions.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

Rage + Life Strike is another extremely viable option. So, for those of you dismissing Rage, try some creative modding, or not, it's your frame  :D

True rage still be effective on certain setups, but i dont see melee mode with low health pool caster viable for the kinda gameplay am looking for when i choose frames like nyx, ill go ash for that kind of fun.

If you are using Rage+Quick Thinking only for ehp. You'd probably be better off with just Redirection and Vitality.

In my opinion, Rage always requires Vitality to be effective for getting energy when you want and if you only have 300 hp, rage only gives you 120 energy if you go from full hp to 0 (or 2).

The most effective modding for ehp in my opinion is Rage+Vitality+Flow+Quick Thinking combined with some form of potent healing like Life Strike.

If you only have two slots and want ehp AND a good way to get energy, I'd use Rage and Vitality combined with Life Strike melee.

EDIT: Also, I'd never use Rage without potent healing.

Edited by Naftal

Please put back Rage and Quick thinking combo as it originally is. Its great for players who are looking to go further in depth of the game. It's also not like were invincible, when we use Rage and Quick thinking its very easy to die at high rounds. People who say its to over powered probably don't go high rounds or see its actual usefulness and its UNDER-POWEREDNESS when monsters can one shot you in a second.

Please put back Rage and Quick thinking combo as it originally is. Its great for players who are looking to go further in depth of the game. It's also not like were invincible, when we use Rage and Quick thinking its very easy to die at high rounds. People who say its to over powered probably don't go high rounds or see its actual usefulness and its UNDER-POWEREDNESS when monsters can one shot you in a second.

Nothing keeps me from pugging T4S 60 minutes when no one is using R+QT.  Anything much more than 60 and you're doing clever tricks with a dedicated team comp in a specific room and rage and quick thinking would never be used in those cases.

Nothing keeps me from pugging T4S 60 minutes when no one is using R+QT.  Anything much more than 60 and you're doing clever tricks with a dedicated team comp in a specific room and rage and quick thinking would never be used in those cases.

It is incredibly difficult for normal players to go to 60 minutes tower 4 survival. It requires dedication, perseverance, skill and luck. Not to mention to go to 60 minutes it requires weapons that need a lot of work and also specific warframes like Nova and Nekros. With Quick thinking and Rage combo it allowed other warframes that are considerably weaker to join and actually contribute. Now weak Warframes such as volt, mag, regular frost, regular rhino, regular nyx cant go in a tower 4 without exhausting all their lives to contribute towards the survival mission. It sucks how we can't use our favorite warframes all the time. It's suppose to be a game that promotes fun and competitiveness for everyone. Killing the Quick thinking and Rage combo killed the life of almost all my weak Warframes.

Regular nyx?  Regular nyx is the exact same as prime, top tier, and I'd be happy to see one in a T4S.  Yeah you need a good comp to go 60 minutes and you will literally never do it without a nekros.  Players will need to have potato'd/forma'd top tier weapons with high ranked mods but these things happen in pugs.

No you can't use every warframe for everything.  Loki and Valkyr are great for picking up air in fancy late game survivals.  Mag is good for nuking.  Rhino's good for noobs.  Ember and frost are good for defense.  Every frame is at least okay at something and if they weren't specialized then the game would be very boring.  It would also be very boring if every frame would be "good enough" for even the hardest missions because they were handed god mode.  I might as dust off my PS2 and play san andreas with cheat codes.