Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help

rechot

Question

I cant host missions when i try it says connection to host lost. and so on. I'm the host so i don't understand the problem. 

edit: BTW i played a league match earlier when warframe was acting up and no lag no connection issues. So after i won i came back to warframe and i still cant host.

Edited by rechot

14 answers to this question

Pre-mission host migration? Sounds like it.

The game thinks that your squadmate's connection speed is better and decides that they are to host instead. Then host migration is being host migration as usual and throws you out. Possibly Strict NAT related.

Yes, I am making wild assumptions.

Edited by Misanthroplonker

You play League. There's your problem! *laugh track*

Seriously though, Misanthroplonker's idea makes sense. That happens sometimes, and it can result in some problems. Host is selected through a combination of network speed and computer speed (I think), and laptops are given a penalty by default.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

... combination of network speed and computer speed (I think)

YES, that is very correct. Computer e-peen is an important factor too. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: That made it sound like I was kidding, but I'm serious. It does actually matter.

Pre-mission host migration? Sounds like it.

The game thinks that your squadmate's connection speed is better and decides that they are to host instead. Then host migration is being host migration as usual and throws you out. Possibly Strict NAT related.

Yes, I am making wild assumptions.

if this is the problem how would i fix this

if this is the problem how would i fix this

Alright, first of all: when you log in, do you get an annoying window telling you that Strict NAT has been detected? 

If yes - you can look up how to fix Strict NAT. It's a pain in the A to get rid off, but it's worth a shot.

Alright, first of all: when you log in, do you get an annoying window telling you that Strict NAT has been detected? 

If yes - you can look up how to fix Strict NAT. It's a pain in the A to get rid off, but it's worth a shot.

i didnt get a Strict NAT detected window so i guess thats not the solution. 

i didnt get a Strict NAT detected window so i guess thats not the solution. 

Huh. That's weird. 

Well, then I'd guess it's just host migration being a prick.. That sucks. I'm not sure. Upgrading your connection speed perhaps isn't a VERY viable solution considering economical questions. Otherwise respect your inability to host and let your buddies handle it. Then host migration won't do anything. 

Hopefully some computer wizard knows more than me on the matter.