Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Mod Menu Is More Difficult Than The Previous One.

Innocent_Flower

So I held off comenting because it might just be something that could be better if I "got used to it". 

I've gotten used to it. It's not great. 

Not being able to see what a new mod offers until you've put your mouse over it is a pain. It's harder to tell mods apart and you will now struggle to do it with a glance. The layout and features of the card is less clear. 

*misses his pre-14 upgrade menu* 

though I feel like it'd be better to have damage sliders for weapons since mods for weapons are mostly to do with damage. Hurrah for no balance!!  

Edited by Innocent_Flower

ya don't say! this UI on a whole is just plain silly from the get-go, too may new and veterans alike finds it  just bad all around. gotta say it looks good visually, but functional wise it's just plain bad, hurray for the console players while the pc players have to go back to the dinosaur way of navigating.

The new mod look is great.

But they decided to fade out the image when in small mode, and the name of the mod is also right in the middle of the image.

What you are talking about is visual memory, that was what we did to quickly select a mod, we would look for it by its image.

Now cause the image is less visible we do waist time searching for a mod, cause we are reading them.

It could do with more visual clarity and contrast for names. I mostly depend on using the polarity filters, although, the options should be the same and present for filtering no matter which mod menu you are in.

My main criticism for this system is its non-universal design. The lack of uniformity and universality makes it a cumbersome system to sort through. While the 'rarity' sorting helps a bit, there's still a lack of visual contrast on the labels for the mods themselves. Retaining a visual filter for mod types, e.g. Damage, Utility, Proc, Ammo, that kind of thing, would be pretty handy.

Uniformity does affect usability, and having so many 'cards' to sort through can be a nuisance at times. While it does have improved functionality, its usability has dropped sharply since U-14.