Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Nova Build

RagingFlame

Question

Hi fellow tennos,

Nova the OP press 4 Molecular Prime to win spammer we all love and sometimes hate, now i give you my build http://goo.gl/6ZeqU4 any advice, suggestion, recommendation is welcome.

For this build i use Blind Rage + Intensify combo mainly for the 105% debuff on Molecular Prime which in turn will make enemy literally froze in time for you and your teammate to beat the living hell out of them

7 answers to this question

Your build works, but it suffers from low range (power duration effects this). Many people prefer a "speed nova" for infested enemies, which has increased power duration, and decreased power strength. 

Nova works both ways, just be aware some people like "speed novas"

For this build i use Blind Rage + Intensify combo mainly for the 105% debuff on Molecular Prime which in turn will make enemy literally froze in time for you and your teammate to beat the living hell out of them

That's a good build, but I go a bit of a different direction.  You run all three of the duration mods and boost power strength even higher with blind rage.  I don't personally like this as it makes the radius of the slow effect really big, the effect lasts a really long time, and the dudes are really slow.  The end result is you spend 5 minutes each round in a defense chasing stragglers that got caught way off in a corner.

This is the nova people hate to play with.

In not using the corrupted mods (BR and NM) this result tends not to happen.  Instead you let the mobs drawn in close, spam MPrime and nuke the room.  Repeating a needed.  If you do happen to catch a guy far away the effect wears off a lot faster.

If you're trying to go to wave 60+ you probably need the extra power from your build for sure.  If that's not the goal though...

Your build works, but it suffers from low range (power duration effects this). Many people prefer a "speed nova" for infested enemies, which has increased power duration, and decreased power strength. 

Nova works both ways, just be aware some people like "speed novas"

The build in this post is for void run not infested run and yes this build suffer from explosion range but most of the time i see that ppl prefer the debuff more to the explosion anyway. In addition when you get past 40 min/30 waves in T4S/D the enemy are so group up that the range are not somewhat noticeable.

-snip

And yes you are right, this build is for late game around 40 min/30 waves in T4S/D when the enemy are so tanky and strong that you need the debuff to stay alive and deal damage. For early game a single primary/secondary click is enough.