Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Learned From Shifting Sands Tactical Alert: Keep Your Foundry Stocked.......

ThePresident777

One of the rewards for shifting sands was an affinity booster.  You can't save the booster for later when you have the time for it(maybe).  So the second you get it, you have to use it or waste it.  If your foundry is not stocked with stuff then you have to waste precious time crafting stuff to level up.  There are some for credit weapons, so maybe save those for free booster event.

So, always keep your foundry stocked for the event where you are rewarded an affinity booster.  Get all the Warframes, all the sentinels, all the weapons, favorite or easy ones first.  But keep stuff in foundry waiting for booster so you can get mastery faster when the time comes.  Keep a few slots open for stuff you don't like.  Then, when you get the free booster you can go immediately to level them up, then sell, rinse, repeat, without wasting time waiting on the foundry.

Edited by ThePresident777

Kinda curious why you can't choose when to activate affinity boosters? I mean the free booster is appreciated, but life is full of inconveniences...

I didn't even know it activated automatically until I went looking for it 2 days after I got it. I guess a one day booster was better than none.

I keep a stock of about 10 Forma for times like this.  Then grab those weapons that I've been meaning to use them on but haven't bothered because I would have to use two to actually make a difference and don't fancy re-levelling twice without a booster.

I keep a stock of about 10 Forma for times like this.  Then grab those weapons that I've been meaning to use them on but haven't bothered because I would have to use two to actually make a difference and don't fancy re-levelling twice without a booster.

Same here. Last time I was able to get 7 things re-leveled quickly before the booster ran out. And this was without "grinding" (I don't do that).

Forma seems like a good idea on paper but when DE destroys your favorite weapon, it only makes the fall from fun worse.  If the weapon were taken down a notch but still kept in the same tier, that would be one thing.  But when DE nerfs, they go nucular.  They drop kick it down to lato levels of futility, then stomp it for good measure.  So, adding forma only makes the height down to poopsville all the deeper.

It's only worth it if your favorite weapon is in the safe zone, i.e., already in poopsville.  Then, it can only get better.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating if this should go in a different topic or not, but it is inseparably related:  Stock Up On Resources.  You'll need them to created a stock pile of ready to level weapons, warframes, sentinels, etc.  But, in addition to that, DE routinely alters the resource landscape.  Two current cases in point, oxium and fieldron.

Oxium is a rare resource now.  Sure, it drops in large quantities than cells, neurodes, and sensors, but you'll need it in larger quantities too.  It's new found rarity coincides with a new weapon requiring massive amounts of oxium.

Fieldron was a common invasion reward prior to the availability of Opticor, which requires fieldron.  Now, not so common.

When DE makes something available, take it and hold on to it.  Get in the habit of hoarding anything you can get your hands on.  Hoardframe FTW!

Oh, and sooner or later, somebody is going to cry that we have to much, everything is always too much, nerf it nerf it nerf it, and DE will comply.  Therefore hoard it hoard it hoard it.