Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Evil Within Vs Alien: Isolation

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

Which do you like more?

As a fan of the alien(s) series I was actually looking forward to the Alien game but it is soooo boring...

I am not even kidding, it just feels so empty half the time, lack of music and creepiness more often that not doesn't help it :/

The Evil Within on the other hand looks so freaking awesome, I am actually able to overlook the black lines and 30fps lock for the quality of the game. It isn't as much as it tries to be creepy as it is intense as hell, I love it through and through

What do you think?

Alien ; Isolation did a great job at being extremely challenging  and realistic, personally at least, no contest, alien wins

By realistic I mean in showing how hopeless we'd feel if we were actually  in said situation of isolation

Edited by Somedude1000

Isolation has an intelligent alien, well-made gameplay and nitpicky awesome design - it's a bit more scary-scary.

The Evil Within is a Resident Evil thing - B-movie voice acting, over-the-top gore - no real scary scares.

Now the new silent hill? Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro working on one game. That sounds like it'll make a couple of people not sleep for a while!

one game based on survival and avoiding an omni present enemy vs a world going nutso and you are trying to figure out why while going insane possibly yourself or finding out some deeper realization of some epic possible plot twist.

i cant pit the two against each other because they are two differently styled horror games and arnt played the same.

Alien ; Isolation did a great job at being extremely challenging  and realistic, personally at least, no contest, alien wins

By realistic I mean in showing how hopeless we'd feel if we were actually  in said situation of isolation

Isolation has an intelligent alien, well-made gameplay and nitpicky awesome design - it's a bit more scary-scary.

The Evil Within is a Resident Evil thing - B-movie voice acting, over-the-top gore - no real scary scares.

Now the new silent hill? Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro working on one game. That sounds like it'll make a couple of people not sleep for a while!

New Silent Hill? No way! I love those, so much that even the movies (though bad) weren't too shabby for me. I also hope for a super strong Silent Hill movie, since I enjoyed in the first one the alarms going off and the world turning with such cool effects and everything :D

one game based on survival and avoiding an omni present enemy vs a world going nutso and you are trying to figure out why while going insane possibly yourself or finding out some deeper realization of some epic possible plot twist.

i cant pit the two against each other because they are two differently styled horror games and arnt played the same.

Yeah I think I overlooked the different genres. My complaint with the Alien game lies with the rest of the game which doesn't involve the alien, the androids are just annoying as are the humans half the time. They are nice additions but their sequences feel too long, the game slightly overstays its welcome in some scenarios.

I have to agree that it puts you into a realistic encounter with the alien, personally I'd shoot myself in the head and be done with it XD

They're completely different games, you do realize that, right?^^'

I really enjoy playing Alien Isolation. The ambiance is awesome, the game is not too easy (played on hard), the atmosphere of the first Alien movie is brilliantly recreated, with the view people had back then on what advanced technology would look like in the future, etc.

As for The Evil within, I have to admit I am a bit dissapointed... Too many clichés and old horror movies stuff recycled into it for me. I still enjoy playing it though, so it's not that bad.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with Alien Isolation, even if I enjoy both games.

They're completely different games, you do realize that, right?^^'

I really enjoy playing Alien Isolation. The ambiance is awesome, the game is not too easy (played on hard), the atmosphere of the first Alien movie is brilliantly recreated, with the view people had back then on what advanced technology would look like in the future, etc.

As for The Evil within, I have to admit I am a bit dissapointed... Too many clichés and old horror movies stuff recycled into it for me. I still enjoy playing it though, so it's not that bad.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with Alien Isolation, even if I enjoy both games.

For the alien game did the android scenes not just annoy the living hell out of you? :/

For the Evil Within honestly I like how it feels, the visuals for me make it ok for the game to have cliches and whatnot. It is a nice enjoyable game.

Again it is my opinion, I am a big fan of Resident Evil so maybe that ties into it when it comes to games because I haven't played any Alien games, rightfully so.

PS. I did acknowledge the difference between the games, just after posting the OP XD

i dont mind the androids so much. but i only just reached the hospital section... dont know if that is a spoiler to anyone i apologize.

my only concern is that the alien can really be a giant jerk... as when i picked up the hack device and i went back to open a side door he just decided to jump out at me but run opposite of where i was...

though the evil within has some same hide and seek/avoid mechanics there is more action and the ability to fight the enemies you run into. while the alien in AI is the main enemy and part of a larger story which is why you cant just kill it, because to be honest i would be working on killing it regardless of its acid blood.

both games are good i deathly enjoy them both. but i have a limit to how much i can play scare games... so i play them in short bursts and watch others play them.

what i love though is that there is well developed stories for both games so that even though its focus on survival horror but both games so far have very well thought out stories.

i dont mind the androids so much. but i only just reached the hospital section... dont know if that is a spoiler to anyone i apologize.

my only concern is that the alien can really be a giant jerk... as when i picked up the hack device and i went back to open a side door he just decided to jump out at me but run opposite of where i was...

though the evil within has some same hide and seek/avoid mechanics there is more action and the ability to fight the enemies you run into. while the alien in AI is the main enemy and part of a larger story which is why you cant just kill it, because to be honest i would be working on killing it regardless of its acid blood.

both games are good i deathly enjoy them both. but i have a limit to how much i can play scare games... so i play them in short bursts and watch others play them.

what i love though is that there is well developed stories for both games so that even though its focus on survival horror but both games so far have very well thought out stories.

Yes! The stories are surprisingly good, for Evil Within it adds well into the mystery about your madness but in Alien they lead it off sooo nicely as Ripley's daughter (sorry if I get these wrong XD). I don't think either one has a cheesy story, as in the usual Amnesia sort of thing (Amnesia had a story but it really wasn't super developed)