Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Mods Going Away (From Devstream)

PlebbyMilliner

Question

10 answers to this question

So, wait. Are the 4 ability mods just going to be inherent in the frame now, and automatically at max level (or something akin to that)? Does that mean the 4 Ability mod slots on frames are going away? I wonder what'll happen if someone had one of those slots forma'ed.

I like the proposed changes. One thing i cant get my head around is compensation for time spent on forma'd spots. Like Vauban...on his 4th forma was going for 6...that's 120 levels I earned grinding...and that's just one example...not even going to mention Nekros.

Is DE going take into account TIME spent? Getting something for the loss of slots yep fair enough...but it doesn't reflect the considerable time spent in getting those slots polarized. Any kind of reward system should take this into account.

I like the proposed changes. One thing i cant get my head around is compensation for time spent on forma'd spots. Like Vauban...on his 4th forma was going for 6...that's 120 levels I earned grinding...and that's just one example...not even going to mention Nekros.

Is DE going take into account TIME spent? Getting something for the loss of slots yep fair enough...but it doesn't reflect the considerable time spent in getting those slots polarized. Any kind of reward system should take this into account.

I'm almost certain they will give Legendary cores, Drew already mentioned to ps4 players that there will be another opportunity to gain legendary cores. This might be it.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Maybe the time spent playing with your frame was reward in itself? You know, a game. Supposed to be "fun"?

Maybe the time spent playing with your frame was reward in itself? You know, a game. Supposed to be "fun"?

Did you actually read/understand my post before you decided to go OT? :-) lol geez.... I wouldn't play AT ALL if it wasn't fun. In fact of the 6 posts i have made on this forum the first was thanking DE for this game my whole family plays :-P

Back to topic: @ (PS4)iBoiz would be cool if that was the case. Legendary Cores would definitely work. Excited to see the changes whatever happens.

So, wait. Are the 4 ability mods just going to be inherent in the frame now, and automatically at max level (or something akin to that)? Does that mean the 4 Ability mod slots on frames are going away? I wonder what'll happen if someone had one of those slots forma'ed.

The 4 mods will be inherent.  If you have them max level now they will be automatically max-level when the change happens.  For newly-obtained frames or skills you don't have maxed, you raise them by using them.

Warframes will be losing two of the ability mod slots, and the remaining two slots will be have their ability polarity removed, making them neutral.