Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Discussion: The Lore It Needs And The Refinement Of Their Ideas

Mak_Gohae

LN1Qzbw.png

So here are a list of the syndicates and what they are.
<f you read some of these descriptions you can see that some have new lore that should be explained before their inclusion and some groups are basically version 2.0 of the current faction in game. What's the point in that? Why dont you just say you are supporting that faction?<

LORE

New Loki

So apparently there are no humans in the current time line of these events? Thanks for letting us know by the description in a menu.

This stuff should not be learned through menus. What happened to the idea that we were going to do missions for lore? Now that you have money coming in can you hire 3 guys that make 2 minute videos that explain the world we live in? Tennos are suppose to keep the balance... keep the balance for what? We still dont know the world the reside in so what are we balancing?

At least this is the only faction to be totally new. They should give out the feral kubrow skin patter as a reward.

Red Veil

I know ideas develop as time progresses but some stuff needs to have a bit of a guard rail. So the RV are now space jokers? They just want to see the system burn? This just makes me want to have a mission where i can trap all the prisoners i helped escape... i dont want to deal with these people.

This also is another big hit to Tenno presentation. We arent heroes, we arent ninja, we are a bunch of trained animals that are used by everyone. I dont feel like playing a Tenno, we are used by maniacs and people wanting space sushi. This is why i want to play as the Grineer, they have a purpose and a goal and they go. Tenno right now are basically just, "Huh?, what?, bah?, fah?" We all know that story is lower tier when it comes to game development but there has to be a base. In Halo the Spartans were solidly set in their role and even if we were shown as scary to some and villains to other the role was set. In this game we are just floating around going from job to job like people with bad luck in a bad economy, we take what we can.

The Perrin Sequence

So Corpus that left the Corpus to act like the Corpus? Why arent these peope the Corpus? The Gradivus dilemma already showed we work for the Corpus so why not just have us work for them? The two extra words added there, prosperity, doesnt radically change them. In fact, it just makes me worry about them more.

How about a faction that's Sentient lite? And then later on have them be the reason the Sentient return? They finally ended up contacting the Sentient proper and that brings a new chapter to that story.

Cephalon Suda

So a Tenno ship faction? I thought you guys were going to expand the world with this. BTW, can i kill my ship? Cause i dont know if he is a spy and i want to make sure. But, seriously, another faction that is just a remix of something we already have seen. When Rebecca said about a Lotus syndicate she had a point. We have version 2 for a lot stuff in-game so why not another Lotus.

Arbiters of Hexis

A faction of Tennos that want to be more Tenno than Tennos? I'll count this as a second original idea, New Loki being the first. They do have a distinct goal which is what makes this idea ok.

Steel Meridian

Standard rebel alliance seen in every story ever. I guess there is little to say about this because we all know it was going to happen.

REFINEMENT

New Loki
This is fine, nothing wrong with people worshiping humans.

Red Veil

How about having two red veils, the maniacs and the moderates? That would be an interesting story. In the middle of fighting for change they end up breaking into two factions and end up having a mini-war against each other? It would be interesting having a separate story that is not about the two main factions that usually get used.

The Perrin Sequence

The Corpus sell to whoever has the money, right? So how about some super rich group, you create a new reason why they are rich, they hold the monopoly on certain source, and they secretly ended up purchasing a huge amount of Corpus weapon and now they want to carve his own kingdom with the army that they built? What's in it for the Tenno? Clear the Corpus and Grineer from their lands and they will be your buddies.

Cephalon Suda

Since there is little lore on what is going on there is a theory that Lotus is AI. So maybe this could be that Rebecca suggested, this could be Lotus 2.0. Normal Lotus doesnt seem to want to help the Tenno recover their memories and your ship doesnt have memories about the past, either. So some part of Lotus breaks off and actively goes out to search out info on what happened.

Steel Meridian

Give them some flavour. How about a whole faction of Grineer rebels? Or a combination of Grineer and Corpus working together? Just give them some spice. Corpus rebels that captured some Grineer cloning facility and are creating some good clones with the help of some Rebel Grineer clones. And when i mean good clones i mean clean healthy clone. A story could be that we are trying to save them from the Grineer that is actively trying to destroy and steal the tech.

In reality all these factions should have brought something totaly new, instead of just being 2.0 of thing already in game, to open up the world. So far there was little opening of it.

Additional or Replacement Syndicates

Here's an idea.
Get rid of Corpus 2.0 and have a contest where the community can create one of the these new syndicates.
I think that would assure some actual variety when i comes to expanding this stuff.

Lore Part 2: from the website.

Steel Meridian

The Grineer are not often seen as valorous individuals, but time and again members of their leadership have displayed a certain code of honor. Members of Steel Meridian set aside their former allegiances to defend those who cannot defend themselves.
It looks like there is no change. Actually, it appears that there more Grineer than the previously stated leader.

Arbiters of Hexis

The Arbiters of Hexis exemplify a burning passion to search for the truth of Tenno ability, composed with the knowledge that Tenno are far greater than even their shattered history suggests.

No change.

Cephalon Suda

With such powerful technology rooted in the past the hunt for knowledge guides every force in the Solar System. At a time where information holds so much power Cephalon Suda, a consciousness seemingly devoid of emotion, follows a curious hunger to learn all she can.

No change. Now that i am thinking about it they should be folded into the Arbiters. They look to be following parallel paths.

The Perrin Sequence

Following their own doctrine to achieve Profit, The Perrin Sequence have turned away from the Corpus ideology that conflict must be capitalized upon. Instead these merchants search for ways to exercise their trade without instigating violence.

Some more clarification but i still dont see why this needed to be a Syndicate. There are still a bunch of ways of being evil in business that dont have to include making money from conflict.

Red Veil

Change is sudden, violent, and a necessary force to ensure the system can return to a state of balance. Red Veil see themselves as merely the instrument of this change.

So they went from what appeared to be crazy maniacs to a Tenno-lite faction. You know what? I think the crazy maniac version was better. Sure, i didnt like that this wasnt properly explained earlier but being crazy maniac is a bit more unique than this tenno-lite version.

New Loka

No matter how far we reach into the stars New Loka knows it is Earth that has always been our home. Turning away from genetic tampering that has twisted the Grineer and the technological meddling that has corrupted Earth it is New Loka that fights for the repopulation of a world once abandoned.

This is really the one Syndicate that may have a new story. Are they some religious nuts? Or some nutty hippies?

First In-Game Impression

dr29EPJ.png

So the New Loki sound like some church.
They employ Infested Specters which i found strange for purity people.
But i guess religions, even in the future, have their.... problems.

ggAYzky.png

I think the website description should be ignored cause the RV are back to being maniacs.

a9STz34.png

I guess they are peaceful but they are still the Corpus.

ydjtP9U.png

This is a copy of your ship's AI

FahJj0y.png

No character at all. Generic to the core.

ci71N9u.png

These guys are not getting scary and interesting.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Except they aren't "v2 of the current faction"...In fact some are unique and ones that derive from existing factions are against said factions. If you read them carefuly.

The Perrin Sequence, their goal isn't to get rich or powerful, it is to restore order..

Steel Meridian use their battle expertise to protect the colonies due to how the Grineer have changed due to the power they've received over the years

Except they aren't "v2 of the current faction"...In fact some are unique and ones that derive from existing factions are against said factions. If you read them carefuly.

The Perrin Sequence, their goal isn't to get rich or powerful, it is to restore order..

Steel Meridian use their battle expertise to protect the colonies due to how the Grineer have changed due to the power they've received over the years

Only one is technically new, the rest are remixes of previous established people that change little. 

What lore?? DE already broken lore few times.

Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

Btw

Who is this common enemy we fight everyone?

And loyalty only to pay, we fought one another backing both the Grineer and Corpus and right now we are fighting each other in DS.

Problem with Grineer in general: "How do they exist in this state?"

If they have sufficiently advanced theory and tech to successfully clone a human (for a given value of 'success'), in vitro fertilization using the (theoretically) healthy colonists (as shown by the Rescue hostages) should be a snap.

Won't necessarily fix existing Grineer, but certainly should help the future generations.

(I'd quote Vor's monologue of his dream from the tutorial's conclusion, but I don't have access to it atm.)

Problem with Steel Meridian: "You and what army?"

Guerrilla warfare is by definition offensive.

If you're playing defense, you're pinned in place.

This means that, at best, SM can attempt hit-and-run attacks against Grineer supply lines and infrastructure.

Which requires ships, logistical support, trained personnel and lots of it, etc.

Arbiters of Hexis: "u wot, m8?"

So the Tenno aren't Warriors... They're athletes.

wat.gif

Or, at best:

I initially thought that Arbiters of Hexis were Power through Poetry, but it looks like they dispute the perception of 'Tenno as Fighter', believing it should be 'Tenno as Monk Warrior'.

*shrug?* :/

Data Integration Thought Entity Cephalon Suda:

... Yeah, okay.

The Perrin Sequence: Raising civilization to post-scarcity to end strife...

I don't see it working, but hey, it's a good thought.

Red Veil: Yay, fanaticism!

Also, 'honor-bound?'

New Loka: Their ideal makes no sense.

Even assuming that humanity can be 'uncorrupted' (whatever that means), and Earth restored, how is this supposed to end "the" (or any, really) conflict?

For that matter, which the heck conflict are they referring to? 'cause it certainly won't stop Corpus and Grineer from fighting.

Furthermore, shouldn't the New Loka hate the Tenno? Being Void-twisted humans as they are, I mean.

wow, i think we should at least play the syndicates system before giving feedback or suggestions. i mean, the description on the menu might be only pat of the lore.

Lore is what we are discussing here. From the brief descriptions they didnt go too far out from what is already established.

Hoping they have evolving stories as you play through them but.... DE being DE, that's likely not going to happen.

Maybe a little off the thread trail, but...

Any word if selecting a Syndicate is player account based?  Or perhaps individual Warframe based? (As in: if I own 6 different Frames, can they all have allegiance to different Syndicates and wear different sigils without contradicting the other Frames I own on the same game account?)

Just curious.

You're whining because you misinterpreted the paragraphs....

And don't complain about the splinter factions that came from our enemies it's to give players a chance to "join" them.

Also the red veil aren't joker they want order but don't care who died as they do so.

Cephalon Suda might be tenno or it could be orokin, it's a big AI sounds less like a ship more like an old God. It's not like the ai on our ship because that is minuscule in comparison.

The problem with the Red Veil isn't that they're the Joker or anything.

The problem is that killing everything and everyone in the name of healing the system is our job.

Can't really get worked up over the 'fascist' Veil for killing people when I leave a body count in the thousands on a good day.

You're whining because you misinterpreted the paragraphs....

Also the red veil aren't joker they want order but don't care who died as they do so.

Where in that description does it say order?

All we have are ideas of corruption and healing. What does two mean are up in there air but from what we can see from the other stuff there is them destroying whatever they see as corrupted. They sound pretty random.

The problem with the Red Veil isn't that they're the Joker or anything.

The problem is that killing everything and everyone in the name of healing the system is our job.

Can't really get worked up over the 'fascist' Veil for killing people when I leave a body count in the thousands on a good day.

The tenno are supposed to be balance.

Balance doesnt mean kill everyone, balance means you make sure that nobody has the upper hand.

This is why we work for the Corpus and Grineer.... we are basically space trolls. We get people fighting each other for the space lulz.

Would you like to elaborate a bit?

Well, those descriptions we got seem to be the equivalent of a frame codex entry. They were just a very small blurb on what the faction is about, and most likely do not capture the full scope and character of that faction. We don't really know how they're going to interact with existing lore either.

Also, whether the factions are unoriginal is A) totally subjective and influenced by personal interpretation, and B) hard to tell with the aforementioned short description.

It's just, there's really not a whole lot to talk about feedback-wise on factions right now, especially on the fluff side. It's far too early for this kind of thing. It feels a little like we're jumping the gun here, especially with the whole "redo these factions they suck" thing.

Edited by vaugahn

The tenno are supposed to be balance.

Balance doesnt mean kill everyone, balance means you make sure that nobody has the upper hand.

This is why we work for the Corpus and Grineer.... we are basically space trolls. We get people fighting each other for the space lulz.

When have the Tenno ever even attempted to 'balance' anything with a method other then mass murder?

Oh, the sentients are beating the Orokin.  Need some balance there, so let's kill them all!  But now the Orokin are powerful because the sentients are all dead.  We'll balance this - by killing all the Orokin too.  Oh the grineer and the corpus are fighting and out of balance.  Let's kill them all too!

Point blank:  Making things better through mass murder is our M.O.  And the moment we've killed everything that might be described as a governmental organization, we freeze ourselves and sleep until there's more murdering to be done.

Edited by Phatose

Well, those descriptions we got seem to be the equivalent of a frame codex entry. They were just a very small blurb on what the faction is about, and most likely do not capture the full scope and character of that faction. We don't really know how they're going to interact with existing lore either.

Given that this is DE... that's likely the full scope of it.

Outside of that what we are going to likely get are orders.

Also, whether the factions are unoriginal is A) totally subjective and influenced by personal interpretation, and B) hard to tell with the aforementioned short description.

A- Your personal experience with this setting doesnt change the fact that the standard rebel faction exists in this setting. DE needs to put in a lot more work that simply saying that they are rebels to have any sort of originality to this concept.

B- It tells something. If this is the base it's not a good base to start from.

It's just, there's really not a whole lot to talk about feedback-wise on factions right now, especially on the fluff side. It's far too early for this kind of thing. It feels a little like we're jumping the gun here, especially with the whole "redo these factions they suck" thing.

Giving feedback.

If i am wrong then i am wrong, there is nothing wrong with being wrong.

From what we saw there are some problems here.

Why nobody can't get "New Loka" right?

Looks like somebody doesnt get the joke.