Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I'm quite elated by these changes, and I think they are for the betterment of the game as a whole. While I don't deny that some players have gotten the short end of the stick here, the potential gains for Warframe going forward are phenomenal.

I do think that players who were refunded Forma should have also gotten Affinity Boosters to make up for it.

Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about.

@Ronyn

I'm actually fine with the change but the compensation was entirely lackluster.  As noted, there should have been an option to refund any polarized slot on any warframe.  That way the players who wanted to keep the unused points could do so and those that would rather have an optimized build could do so as well.  The difference is that we were not given any choice.

When I invested my forma I did so taking into account that every warframe had 10 slots and a limit of 70-78 mod points (with a matching aura).  DE changed the rules.  Obviously this means that my previous decisions are no longer what I want.  The point is that a choice should be provided for all players.  Some players are happy with their builds under the current system while others are not.  Would it really hurt DE to make all players happy?

If this change was done properly then I would not be advocating for the refunding of forma.  Even if DE allowed me to get back plain, old forma it would still be my decision to make.  In truth, removing polarized slots and getting back basic forma would still be a benefit to me since I simply do not need 10+ unused mod points, especially since I cannot even use Transient Fortitude with Blind Rage.  I simply want the option to refund forma; is that really too much to ask when DE changed the basis for installing mods in every warframe?  I don't think that it is.

@Ronyn

I'm actually fine with the change but the compensation was entirely lackluster.  As noted, there should have been an option to refund any polarized slot on any warframe.  That way the players who wanted to keep the unused points could do so and those that would rather have an optimized build could do so as well.  The difference is that we were not given any choice.

When I invested my forma I did so taking into account that every warframe had 10 slots and a limit of 70-78 mod points (with a matching aura).  DE changed the rules.  Obviously this means that my previous decisions are no longer what I want.  The point is that a choice should be provided for all players.  Some players are happy with their builds under the current system while others are not.  Would it really hurt DE to make all players happy?

If this change was done properly then I would not be advocating for the refunding of forma.  Even if DE allowed me to get back plain, old forma it would still be my decision to make.  In truth, removing polarized slots and getting back basic forma would still be a benefit to me since I simply do not need 10+ unused mod points, especially since I cannot even use Transient Fortitude with Blind Rage.  I simply want the option to refund forma; is that really too much to ask when DE changed the basis for installing mods in every warframe?  I don't think that it is.

It goes without saying that no matter what DE did there would be some folks who won't like it but they really could have offered more choice in how one is compensated. At any rate: The transition itself was not handled in the best way. No arguments there.

No. The script will look for Ability Polarities if you have moved them elsewhere and prioritize removing those instead of your customized layout.

Super Simplified Example for those who have moved their Ability Polarities around:

I have 3 bowls. 1 Bowl has an Apple in it, it is the default Apple Bowl.

Picture 1: (A) ( ) ( ).

My mom looks at the bowl.

I move the Apple because I wanted to customize what bowl the Apple goes in.

Picture 2: ( ) ( ) (A).

My mom said 'No more Apples allowed!' My mom doesn't take the bowl that the Apple in it for picture 1 because it USED to be the Apple bowl, she takes the bowl from Picture 2 because that's where I moved the Apple.

BUT!

If I have removed ALL apples, she will simply grab the first bowl and refund me the Apple Slicer I spent to move the Apple at full cost. 

So just to put this is full applyance:

10 bowls, 4 apples

if we molecularly alter two of the apples so they turn into oranges then no matter what bowls they are in, the bowls with the apples will still get removed first, correct?

This makes me so happy, really really really didn't want to have to possibly relevel all my 20 warframes up to 2 times each.

Yes, this is correct to my knowledge. As it is a huge part of the Update, I will receive absolute and final confirmation ASAP!

Confirming last night's question, yes, you are correct Knot.

So imagine my surprise when I go to edit one of my loadouts and find that the polarities are wrong.  After going through all my Warframes I found I was missing 16 polarities. 

Now, I've had the habit of using a forma on up to 2 ability slots but never more. I had assumed that if I had polarized an ability slot that was going to be removed, then that polarity would be moved onto one of the blank spots created by the removal of the other 2 ability polarities.  

Due to that assumption I didn't even keep track of my formas so I don't even know if I was correctly "compensated" with the exception of having to relevel several of the frames that can no longer handle the loadouts that they would be able to if the polarities were moved to the blank spots.

Instead I find that my polarities were in most cases were dropped onto the new top left or bottom left spots, causing an overwrite of the default polarities on those frames.

For example: Nova

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10

Slot 1 = D, formaed
Slot 2 = V, default polarity
Slot 5 = '=', default ability polarity
Slot 6 = D, formaed
Slot 7 = V, default polarity
Slot 10 = '=', default ability polarity

After U15:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

1 = D
5 = D

Devs! You overrode the Default Polarities!

Is this a bugged script? Working as intended? Or both: 'Oops, oh well, you got forma out of it *cough*feature*cough*'?

:<
Edited by KnotOfMetal

If people have found a way to adjust their build to keep it relatively similar then how was this change worth the time put into it, and the misery it's caused, and the boosters it has wasted?

Can player still make relatively similar builds to their old ones? For the most part yes.

Then why the change? Let's put a finer point on what DE is after-

They want players to always have access to their full list of abilities yet they do not want players to have 10 mods slots available.

That's why.

If you have another idea that would achieve both of DE's goals than the change they chose...let it be known.

Nice update, just i lost 2 slots that were polarized,and we got 2x Formas back,but i don't intend to waste my time lvling  more times to lvl 30 again... after lvling already 4 times,to me that is just not real compesation.

But anyway great work.

Edit: i just realised that 2 polarity slots that Nova gets beside ability ones, are overwritten by other polarity slots that players used via forma,i am confused so now every warframe has 0 polarities?
My nova had 2x check polar slots beside ability ones,now she doesn't have them anymore. And not to mention my other warframes wont even bother checking them,but this is one big disappointment...

Edited by darkons89

Personally, I'm still confused as to what this 'script' actually did.  DE is still silent about it and players are reporting the loss of innate polarities that should never have been touched.  While there is certainly an argument for players simply remembering incorrectly, the fact that so many are confused as to what happened is yet another reason why they should have 100% control over the refunding of forma.

So imagine my surprise when I go to edit one of my loadouts and find that the polarities are wrong.  After going through all my Warframes I found I was missing 16 polarities. 

Now, I've had the habit of using a forma on up to 2 ability slots but never more. I had assumed that if I had polarized an ability slot that was going to be removed, then that polarity would be moved onto one of the blank spots created by the removal of the other 2 ability polarities.  

Due to that assumption I didn't even keep track of my formas so I don't even know if I was correctly "compensated" with the exception of having to relevel several of the frames that can no longer handle the loadouts that they would be able to if the polarities were moved to the blank spots.

Instead I find that my polarities were in most cases were dropped onto the new top left or bottom left spots, causing an overwrite of the default polarities on those frames.

For example: Nova

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10

Slot 1 = D, formaed
Slot 2 = V, default polarity
Slot 5 = '=', default ability polarity
Slot 6 = D, formaed
Slot 7 = V, default polarity
Slot 10 = '=', default ability polarity

After U15:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

1 = D
5 = D

Devs! You overrode the Default Polarities!

Is this a bugged script? Working as intended? Or both: 'Oops, oh well, you got forma out of it *cough*feature*cough*'?

:<

Wow, seriously?  If this happened to me, I would be upset.

Like you, I tend to polarize my left two abilities slot with the 'D'.  I think DE has to make transparent the algorithm of this 'script'.  Of course, they could've done away with these unneeded complications if they gave us 9 or 10 slots instead.

While U15 has a lot of cool new stuff, I am DEFINITELY NOT looking forward to the abilities change.  Sigh...   I've already make screenshots/videos of all my current warframe configurations and will compare them when this hits the PS4.

Wow, seriously?  If this happened to me, I would be upset.

Like you, I tend to polarize my left two abilities slot with the 'D'.  I think DE has to make transparent the algorithm of this 'script'.  Of course, they could've done away with these unneeded complications if they gave us 9 or 10 slots instead.

While U15 has a lot of cool new stuff, I am DEFINITELY NOT looking forward to the abilities change.  Sigh...   I've already make screenshots/videos of all my current warframe configurations and will compare them when this hits the PS4.

While I was *@##&#036;ing about this in region the other day I was told that I should have swapped the formaed polarities on the side slots to the center area as players who did that were completely unaffected by bad removal script.

While I was *@##$ing about this in region the other day I was told that I should have swapped the formaed polarities on the side slots to the center area as players who did that were completely unaffected by bad removal script.

Your likely best to put in a support ticket about it, it could very well have been something that slipped though the script checking.

Though overall I think players needed to be given some kind on inbox message as to what was done and the forma you recieved.

Even something basic like "Nova repolarised: 2 non-ability polarities removed, 2 ability polarities removed, 2 forma refunded" for each frame.

Edited by Loswaith

I didn't get a chance to read how the ability slots were removed in the updates.. I thought that you guys would have had a system whereby it could identify and only remove Ability slots or empty mod slots :(

:( now I've been refunded 30 ish forma... what a waste of time.

@iUDEXnCr

For the sake of console users, where were your polarized ability slots placed?  Was it the forma refund consistent across all of your warframes?

Did your slots get removed already? You're still in U14.# I thought.

If so, I've been told that if you have formaed an ability slot then you should move the non ability polarities off the left most and right most slots, onto the center area.  Apparently if you did that then the script won't affect you in the slightest.