The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

If we have polarised slots can we get the ability to transfer them to other slots instantly?

Due to my numerous loadouts I know some will be removed, but I don't want to spend the time having to re-level these frames just to get them back to what the state I had before.

Aside from the transition, I don't have any big issues with this, however I am still rather cautious. 

Does this also mean no 5th swap out ability?

Would still like to know if they are just gonna lop off the two rightmost ability slots.

And if so, why can't they just move any forma'd polarities over into blank slots instead of giving us forma?

The problem here is you can forma TO blank slots, so they may get lost in the process.

the only problem i have with this change to the Warframe skills system is that it now pretty much removes any posibility of a second skill set alltogether.  not only that but the mention of mods that change some of your WF skills just means if you want the upgraded skills your going to be using the available slots you have for those anyway, and being down 2 skill slots means if you want all 4 skills modded then your going to be down 2 utility slots....

Actually it doesn't limit not having more skills for frames at all.  It does mean they can add new powers more easilly with set power slots (which I suspect is part of the reason for the change), so there can be assigned keys to each specific power slot. 

Currently you can have powers in any slot, but triggers are coded to the specifc power not a certain mod slot location.  So what ever hotkey you have for power one uses power one reguardless of whether it is in mod slot one or mod slot 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and so forth.

However if you were to change that one power to something else, the current free mod placement means which power is it actually replacing 1, 2, 3 or 4?  The code doesnt know, especially if you only run just one power (power 3 for example).

So currently if you swaped that only used 3rd power (the system currently is keyed to the power 3 hotkey), to a new power (that has no default hotkey spot) it could be for any of the power hotkeys, though most likely wouldnt be any of them as it has no default itself.  To allow that kind of thing every individual power would need its own configurable hotkey (not ideal situation at all, especially if you consider controllers).

The other factor is that as mod slots you could effectivly have more than 4 powers (some original some new), in the line up as well.

All in all having the 4 set power slots actually paves the way to much more easilly allow for interchangeable powers (potentially even alow us to assign a certain power to what ever of the 4 power slots we like).  Which as mentioned could be the underlying reason for the change to isolated powers.   This could go well into the focus system as well allowing us to alter powers without directly treading on the toes of the mod system.

This could even open oppertunitites for things like cross over powers (volt able to use Vauban's Teslas, or Trinnity able to use Operon's Renewal), or even specific powers as rewards for certain standings within a Syndicate.

If we have polarised slots can we get the ability to transfer them to other slots instantly?

Due to my numerous loadouts I know some will be removed, but I don't want to spend the time having to re-level these frames just to get them back to what the state I had before.

Aside from the transition, I don't have any big issues with this, however I am still rather cautious. 

Does this also mean no 5th swap out ability?

Actually you can already move around polarities to different mod slots, its part of the actions options (where you use forma).

Edited by Loswaith

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 slots being removed?

Any Forma spent on Polarizing these 2 slots will be reimbursed.

As a player with limited time to play I must say that getting the forma back doesnt compensate it for me, it's not about the forma, I have many of them and getting more wouldnt be hard, it's about the time spent re leveling up... I wish we were reimbursed with some "legendary forma" or something, that would be able to polarize a slot without reseting it to unranked, in my point of view that would be fair.

I still don't get it. Can someone explain it to me a little more plain?

certianly

1/ ability mod will be disable forever

2/ you lv0 Frame will start with an unranked 1st ability. That ability will gain lv though the number of time you cast it. After you max your 1st ability, you will unlock the 2nd ability. Repeat.

eventually, unlock your ultimate (4th) ability and max it too.

3/ a Tenno can now have 8 slot for mod and 1 slot for Aruna, that's mean 2 extra slot for something \:D/

4/ you'll get a *Free Forma* for every forma you put in your Frame ability mod.

*retain, actually*

Edited by Doforcash

...  So we get to log in and take an inventory of all the frame builds which were recycled into forma?

Why not just transfer all non-ability polarities to the 8 slots? I really don't feel like leveling old frames to 30 multiple times again just to get end-game builds working again.

...  So we get to log in and take an inventory of all the frame builds which were recycled into forma?

Why not just transfer all non-ability polarities to the 8 slots? I really don't feel like leveling old frames to 30 multiple times again just to get end-game builds working again.

same.

It's all great and peanuts etc. etc. that we're getting fusion cores back for Ability Mods that are going to be removed, but what about credits that were used to upgrade them? Will we also get credit refunds?

I'm a poor Tenno, most of the time my credits don't exceed 100k, because I don't play much and have Stockholm Syndrome(CRAFT ALL THE THINGS!). So I'd LOVE to see credits refund.

Edited by Roxorium

so if i Forma’dthe 2 slots that r leaving like i would know what 2 slots anyways but yes i get a forma back but really reforma? or would u only remove the 2 that still have ability ones on them i really dont want to forma again when my nova is done already that is just awaste of my time :/ with so much coming in update 15 i really dont want to be dumbed down cuz i need to redo 2 mod slots :/ or am i missing something in all this :/

Looking through the Warframe list, I don't think I have a frame that I don't use three or four powers on.  I'm glad this change was made, even if it is way too late as this ragestorm is proving.  Also, for all those people who are saying they want their 9 slots: if the frame was meant to have only one ability, why did the devs bother giving all frames four?

Looking through the Warframe list, I don't think I have a frame that I don't use three or four powers on.  I'm glad this change was made, even if it is way too late as this ragestorm is proving.  Also, for all those people who are saying they want their 9 slots: if the frame was meant to have only one ability, why did the devs bother giving all frames four?

Because the other 3 abilities are absolutely rubbish in comparison to one totally maxed out one? 

You can have like 3-4 abilities that are mediocre at best, that does not scale well into late game, or you can have one, that will be useful all the time.

Edited by djuice_

Because the other 3 abilities are absolutely rubbish in comparison to one totally maxed out one? 

You can have like 3-4 abilities that are mediocre at best, that does not scale well into late game, or you can have one, that will be useful all the time.

Actually, many warframes have two abilities that rely on the same strengths, if not all of them.  You just have to know how you want it to be built.

Also, unless the devs have said otherwise, balanced and planned endgame is enemy level 40.  I laugh at that cause we can effectively be lvl60, but people who want to spend 1hr in a game to fight lvl120 enemies are just not playing the right game.

While I'm very excited for the removal of ability mods completely. I don't like that we'll only have 8 normal mod slots left. I use many builds with 9 normal mods currently and all those will lose an utility mod, which won't make my frame weaker, but will affect "quality of life" instead...

In my opinion not removing any slots would be a better choice.

^ THIS

The slots are only being "removed" from the perspective of people who use 1 or 0 powers on a frame.

For people who use 2 powers they loose no slots. For people who use 3 or 4 powers they have actually gained slots.

So, why not to keep 10 mod slots?

Regarding the balance and other stuff - I think that weapon/frame/mod stats need a complete rework to achieve some balance if that's ever gonna happen - I will be happy. And if it happens - it would change everything, and all previous builds would have to be completely reworked. Even damage 2.0 didn't do very significant changes, I'm still using about the same mod builds on all weapons, few mods are replaced with similar mods (fire + cold with electric + toxin) and maybe sometimes 1-2 didfferent mods, though it made many weapons(like acrid, which used to be about the best weapon in the game) useless.

But this change of warframe slots doesn't change the overall situation, it doesn't bring more balance to the game, but It would break some existing and working builds just because of the lack of slots - I don't like that.

When time comes for a major changes - I will be happy to see them, but now I want to be able to use all the warframe builds I used before.

Will your abilities automatically rank up? Is it possible to change to using lower rank ability?

For example, I might want to have a lower level ability for a shorter duration (like with Blessing) or for a lower conclave rating, but I might also want to use a higher rank version on occasion. So choosing at which rank the ability is used, would be pretty great.

Edited by tzaeru