Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

@ThePresident777

Yeah, and I just randomly pulled one of my builds to use.  I can imagine that it provides similar results for the other 10+.  That is 20+ wasted forma on average all because DE wants to change a mechanic using a script instead of solving the actual problem by allowing for any forma'd slot to be refunded.

Simplified:

If a build still haves 2 ability polarities, they will be removed, even if the player as swamped places.

If a build haves only haves 1 or no ability polarities, it will remove 2 former ability polarities, and from what I'm reading, it will target the top left and right, wherever if they are still in the original position or even if have swamped the place.

TY  this is the one lotus should use , not the apple example 

the apple example was confusing  it wasn't apples it was bandannas 

Edited by Ravel7

Also seeing as to how I almost always forma'd out the top left/top right ability slots before any of the others, almost all of my frames seem to be getting shafted with this change, wish they'd just straight remove the slots in a specific order of priority.

1.) '=' polarity slot still remains.

2.)Blank polarity slot remains.

3.)Starting top left/right ability slots will be removed like it is currently.

Unless I'm completely misreading these changes in which case I apologize.

Edited by CinderDragon77

at 8:33 steve said 'you'll be refunded the investments that you made'

the forma are not the investment, they are relatively easy to acquire and most players have excess forma

the investment of the time involved to level through forma resets each time is arguably more valuable than the forma itself 

I'm looking for some clarification, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Excluding the aura mod points, will we still have a max of 30 or 60 (with a reactor) warframe mod points at lvl 30?

If we forma all 4 ability polarities will we lose 2 of those forma'd slots?

If we forma 3 of the 4 ability polarities will we lose the other ability polarity and 1 of our forma'd slot?

If we forma 2 of the 4 ability polarities will we lose the other 2 ability polarities?

If we only forma 1 of the 4 ability polarities will we lose 2 ability polarities and have the remaining ability changed to no polarity?

Thanks in advance.

*Raises Hand* Sorry to disrupt this "which slots will get removed" problem, but....

Can we PLEEEEEEEASE have options for people who had one ability builds to not get screwed over in this? Plenty of us build our frames and weapons so they all can all work together. For example here is my typical build...

-Paris Prime: Critical Weapon

-Marelok: Status Weapon

-Bo Prime: Helicopter/Sliding Damage Weapon

-Warframe Ability (Sound Quake): Crowd Control

By taking away these mod slots you are going to render the crowd control aspect of this build useless. I am either going to loose efficiency, range, or natural talent because of these changes.

Also, I am sure there are plenty of Nova Builds that rely just on Molecular Prime, Vauban Builds that rely only on Bastille, Nekros builds solely focusing on Desecrate, etc.

I would gladly give up all three abilities in order to keep my build intact. Not all of us play to collect weapons and frames. Some of us like to make one highly optimized build.

*Raises Hand* Sorry to disrupt this "which slots will get removed" problem, but....

Can we PLEEEEEEEASE have options for people who had one ability builds to not get screwed over in this? Plenty of us build our frames and weapons so they all can all work together. For example here is my typical build...

-Paris Prime: Critical Weapon

-Marelok: Status Weapon

-Bo Prime: Helicopter/Sliding Damage Weapon

-Warframe Ability (Sound Quake): Crowd Control

By taking away these mod slots you are going to render the crowd control aspect of this build useless. I am either going to loose efficiency, range, or natural talent because of these changes.

Also, I am sure there are plenty of Nova Builds that rely just on Molecular Prime, Vauban Builds that rely only on Bastille, Nekros builds solely focusing on Desecrate, etc.

I would gladly give up all three abilities in order to keep my build intact. Not all of us play to collect weapons and frames. Some of us like to make one highly optimized build.

Remove natural talent. Soundquake doesn't have that long of a casting time, and it goes through walls. You'll want to be in cover when you do it anyway, since it leaves Banshee very vulnerable. Bam, your build is still fine.

One thing I would like to hear from Rebecca, Steve, etc or perhaps in the next Primetime of Devstream, is how the team came up with this decision, the rationale for 8 slots vs 10 slots, and the other options tossed out before deciding on this configuration.

A little transparency and clarity will only help the situation here.

Simplified:

If a build still haves 2 ability polarities, they will be removed, even if the player as swamped places.

If a build haves only haves 1 or no ability polarities, it will remove 2 former ability polarities, and from what I'm reading, it will target the top left and right, wherever if they are still in the original position or even if have swamped the place.

That's better. Cheers

I didn't see this question, and didn't see any explanation about it.

Q: Will the abilities cost remain (despite not being on the mod screen anymore) or the cost of the abilities will be completely removed?

Because if the cost is completely removed, we might actually want to get some forma back on some cases, where our build will work without that forma (even if we add more mods and can still live without it).

Edited by Sorrow0110

An answer to a common question:

Which 2 slots are being removed?

The slots being removed depends on where your Ability Polarities are located. For example, if you have swapped your Top Left default Ability Polarity slot somewhere in the middle of the Mod slot Layout, the position of your current Ability Polarity Slot is the one that will be removed.

If you haven't changed around the location of your Ability Polarity Mod slots, we are simply removing 2 of the 4, the top left and top right.

This question should answer concerns from players who have Swapped around Polarities and are worried we are 'just removing the leftmost column of slots' in a blanket script and not considering swaps.

Ok my questions is a  bit different.

This is the default lay out: (# being any kind of polarity, A being an ability polarity, blank being no polarity)

(A) (#) ( ) ( ) (A)

(A) (#) ( ) ( ) (A)

Now Say I forma to this:

( )  (#) ( ) ( ) (A)

(A) (#) ( ) ( ) (A)

If you never moved power slots I gather you would just loose the first two remaining power polarised slots (in the diagrams case; the top right and bottom left slots)?

Or you always loose slots 0 and 4;

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4)

(5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Even if your slots look more like;

(6) (1) (2) (4) (3)

(5) (0) (7) (8) (9)

However that leaves a de-polarised slot ( ) and (A) that gets turned into a two depolarised slots ( ) and ( ).

A forma was used to depolarise a slot that everyone gets depolarised now for free, dose that mean we get a forma returned for depolarising (since everyone gets those for free now unless they polarised to some other polarity) or are we just out of luck entirely?

After all we made the effort to take the apple out rather than just swap it for another piece of fruit, and now your taking apples away for everyone anyway, the result we took the effort to do we would get anyway for free.

Edited by Loswaith

...maybe the dev team already planning this:

Should be simple - removing two slots, starting with Zenurik (ability polarity) first; then any none polarity slot available; then, if none left give the player the choice choosing which polarity slot or slots to forfeit. 

Or simple yet, just give the player the choice to remove which two slots and empty the other two Zenurik if there is/are any.

(The remaining 8 slots can just be molded back whatever UI designed form; polarities in those are easily to be swapped around anyway).

Edited by ndantony

I would like to propose something regarding Ability Mods being turned into fusion cores:

Please DO NOT give different levels of fusion cores based on the rank or rarity of the mod being converted.

While I know this is an unpopular thing to say, and unfair to those who spent cores and credits upgrading their ability mods, I feel that it's a good way to avoid all of the drama that came back during the Steel Charge refunding debacle. If people know there will be different compensation for higher level mods, all they're going to do is try to jack up their fusion core gain by stockpiling and ranking up mods again.

And? You do know we have a whole new slew of Rank 10 mods coming, as well as other mods we'll need to rank, right?. Sorry, but we've all seen that rare flare go up and hoped for a nice core, only to find out it was Radial Disarm. Compensation rather than further heartache pl0x.

woooo! cant wait!

I already swapped my "=" slots to the left most side on my warframes

Did you miss rebecca last posts?

Doesn't matter were they are, the script will seek and destroy ur remaining ability polarities wherever they are.

(V) (V) (-) ( ) (=)

(D) (D) ( ) ( ) (=)

So the 2 on the right will go regardless of any moving slots around I may or may not have done. Correct?

Even if they were on the left, or in the middle, those 2 ability polarities will get removed.

Edited by 7grims

I don't get just one thing:

E.g. if I have a layout without any "=" slots  or just 1 "=" slot and all corners are unpolarized, what happens?

[   ] [ V ] [ V ] [ V ]  [   ]
[   ] [ D ] [ D ] [ D ] [   ]

(just an example)

wich slots will be removed? will i get any formas? will i lose any polarities?