Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

What about all the hours it takes to grind the warframe to rank 30, put the forma there and then rank it back to 30? Merely reimbursing the spent formas does not compensate for all these efforts and they should be considered as well.

Edited by lvl30necromancerIRL

Will your abilities automatically rank up? Is it possible to change to using lower rank ability?

For example, I might want to have a lower level ability for a shorter duration (like with Blessing) or for a lower conclave rating, but I might also want to use a higher rank version on occasion. So choosing at which rank the ability is used, would be pretty great.

If we could choose the rank of an ability via a seperate menu I would have less of a problem wtih this. New frames should have access to all four abilities as well, for the sheer number of abilities that just plain suck.

AFAIK: About the only part confirmed without ambguity is that if you have moved your slots around it wont matter, as the system knows which ones are from the default locations.  IE if you move the top ones to the bottom it will target the two moved to the bottom first still.

thanks. It's been a while since I took out Banshee anyway. Thankfully the rest of my frames have the forma on the bottom slots.

They really need to let us tweak the level of an ability. I don't want to be forced to use maxed abilities (since abilities gradually rank up after using them). Right now, we can utilize unranked or partially ranked ability mods. Give us that flexibility post U15 as well DE.

Edited by Asterisk123

"What about my existing Ability Mods?

All existing Ability Mods won’t be rendered useless - they will be converted into Fusion Cores. Stay tuned for more information on the specifics of this conversion."

So the update is today and we still gotta stay tuned till it just randomly converts them into whatever it may become.

Thanks for letting us know, helpful thread, really.

Edit: Anyways, a man knows how to help himself, screenshotted all my ability mods and cores for later reference ;D

Edited by scavenge

Snip from my comment in another thread:

What I personally think would work is for all players Warframes to have all polarities reset and formas returned.

On Warframes that have were previously forma'd they will retain their star/asterisk count, indicating how many forma polarizations can be applied without releveling.

This would ensure polarizations without leveling is only applied to Warframes that had already been releveled before the change.

Also for Warframes that may have had excessive formas applied given the new system, those formas would be able to be applied normally with leveling on another Warframe.

(A Warframe that had 8 forma pre-GU15 could repolarize 8 slots, or depolarize 3 slots and use the remaining 5 as normal forma.):

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

"What about my existing Ability Mods?

All existing Ability Mods won’t be rendered useless - they will be converted into Fusion Cores. Stay tuned for more information on the specifics of this conversion."

So the update is today and we still gotta stay tuned till it just randomly converts them into whatever it may become.

Thanks for letting us know, helpful thread, really.

Edit: Anyways, a man knows how to help himself, screenshotted all my ability mods and cores for later reference ;D

Same, still hoping for a conversion rate though ..

DE, can I ask why you literally just took the rarity and rank from the ability mods and made a straight conversion? You do realize unranked mods of ANY category is nigh useless, right? I was hoping you'd at least do conversion to Rank 3 Commons, Rank 5 Uncommons, and Rank 5 Rares.

May have been answered already, but didn't feel like reading through the 40+ pages.

When it come to losing the abilities slots in the upper right and left corners:

I'm going to use my Mag P as an example. I've forma'd the 2 ability slots on the right side (upper and lower). Since the upper ability slot are going to be taken away and forma be given back, can I swap slots to retain my forma polarity instead of just getting my forma back? Meaning if a leave the upper left ability slot and then swap the lower left for the upper right that I have forma on, will that take away the slots without taking my forma and just adding the 2 forma polarities to the new load out?

Hopefully I explained it well enough. :/

This is very lame. Not including the aura slot, I use one slot for an ability, and the rest to supplement that ability. My builds are ruined .-. thanks.

If your build is "ruined" by the loss of 1 mod, then it couldn't have been that good to begin with. 

I find the mod changes both unnecessary and restrictive. 

Customization of my frame is now completely gone, I'm stuck with the abilities YOU decide on, playing the game the ONLY way you allow me, until I grind my warfreame levels.  

As soon as my ultimate skill is max level, I'll probably polarize and start over. Sure this might not be an issue end game and people who have everything maxed out, but I'm positive that's not the case for most.

I've only been playing for a few weeks and I don't understand the finer intricacies of the game, but it was nice to build my character the way I like, and make it viable before maxing out the warframe level.  

I regret spending $150 on your products, as this update has completely ruined my experience.  I have neither the time nor interest to grind arbitrary levels to unlock skills that were previously available. 

As it was already mentioned, many people don't want/need/or require all 4 abilities. 

As unlikely as it is, I urge you to reconsider and revert these changes. 

I find the mod changes both unnecessary and restrictive. 

Customization of my frame is now completely gone, I'm stuck with the abilities YOU decide on, playing the game the ONLY way you allow me, until I grind my warfreame levels.  

As soon as my ultimate skill is max level, I'll probably polarize and start over. Sure this might not be an issue end game and people who have everything maxed out, but I'm positive that's not the case for most.

I've only been playing for a few weeks and I don't understand the finer intricacies of the game, but it was nice to build my character the way I like, and make it viable before maxing out the warframe level.  

I regret spending $150 on your products, as this update has completely ruined my experience.  I have neither the time nor interest to grind arbitrary levels to unlock skills that were previously available. 

As it was already mentioned, many people don't want/need/or require all 4 abilities. 

As unlikely as it is, I urge you to reconsider and revert these changes. 

This is some extremist point of view right here.

You lost one mod. That is all. The rest of the choice in build is still available to you.

I can see how its frustrating to have you're builds altered but seriously....

Just because all 4 abilities are on your frame doesn't mean you have to use all 4 of them.

You can still use just one of them exclusively if you want to.

I though my ultra overpowered Reckoning 4 forma Oberon will become more overpowered, but wait, I lost 1 slot and get 18 points overflowing. Thanks, you ruined all my mono ability warframe builds giving them all other crap abilities and not giving any extra slots to compensate that loss (to put syndicate augmentation mods or buffs/corrupted mods) to be worth using those crap abilities.

@Sasoril3r

Don't worry, the masses seem to think that some high-level mods will be released so you can use your unused mod points.  Truth is that DE is preventing players from using Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude together so you can't even equip the newest rank 10 mod if you are using Blind Rage.  As I noted several times DE screwed veteran players with this change since there is no possible way to add mods that will utilize all of these points.  Even removing the lowest cost mod gives you extra points so the new mod would need to cost over 20 and not match any of the current polarized slots.

All of my Warframes are already level 30 (all 34 of them) and their power mods are already maxed out. What does this mean? Does it mean the powers I already have are going to be weakened, making me have to level them up again? My Rhino's stomp for instance, can kill a full tileset of enemies (lvl 0-20).. Does this then mean that I'm going to have to stomp a total of 30,000 times (maybe slightly exaggerated or maybe a lot) before I'm going to have it at the same level I have it now?  I'm less than 4k now till I'm a Mastery Rank of 17, will my points be deducted? I mean come on.. I like this idea, but for those that are just beginning the game.. for me. I've already play nearly 1500 hrs and still playing, I'm not going to like that I have to work towards getting the power I have for each of my warframes again, not after I've already got all of them exactly how I want them.  I hope you (DE) have put a lot of thought into what this means to your diehard fans, who really don't want to go through all that work again. I mean right now, I think you should really think of more lore missions, and storyline quests.. just my opinion.

All of my Warframes are already level 30 (all 34 of them) and their power mods are already maxed out. What does this mean? Does it mean the powers I already have are going to be weakened, making me have to level them up again? My Rhino's stomp for instance, can kill a full tileset of enemies (lvl 0-20).. Does this then mean that I'm going to have to stomp a total of 30,000 times (maybe slightly exaggerated or maybe a lot) before I'm going to have it at the same level I have it now?  I'm less than 4k now till I'm a Mastery Rank of 17, will my points be deducted? I mean come on.. I like this idea, but for those that are just beginning the game.. for me. I've already play nearly 1500 hrs and still playing, I'm not going to like that I have to work towards getting the power I have for each of my warframes again, not after I've already got all of them exactly how I want them.  I hope you (DE) have put a lot of thought into what this means to your diehard fans, who really don't want to go through all that work again. I mean right now, I think you should really think of more lore missions, and storyline quests.. just my opinion.

No, your abilities will still be maxed. No need to go through and re-level the abilities again.

I'm curious about the forma thing though. If you forma your frame, will you have to re-level the abilities and if they're still level locked?

@Sasoril3r

Don't worry, the masses seem to think that some high-level mods will be released so you can use your unused mod points.  Truth is that DE is preventing players from using Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude together so you can't even equip the newest rank 10 mod if you are using Blind Rage.  As I noted several times DE screwed veteran players with this change since there is no possible way to add mods that will utilize all of these points.  Even removing the lowest cost mod gives you extra points so the new mod would need to cost over 20 and not match any of the current polarized slots.

Not all of us veteran players feel screwed so please...it all depends om how we have been playing and whether we wanted this change to happen.