Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Well goodbye one trick ponies. You all dumbed down the game anyway.

If you had read any previous posts in this thread, you'd know that this won't change anything regarding the power level of builds that focus on improving only one ability. All these builds require maybe 6 mods at maximum to maximize that ability's potential. It's the mods that are irrelevant to the ability that get removed from those mod builds when we lose that one mod slot. The one trick ponies will still be just as strong, and even stronger since we're getting bad versions (due to our mods) of the other 3 abilities. We're just losing utility and customization options.

For 1 ability builds this is a huge nerf.

In some cases, yah, but I think some 1 Ability builds didn't have a problem with the other abilities, they just couldn't fit them. It'd still be a nerf, but you'll be having 3 extra abilities, at least one of which you'll find to be handy and useful. I'm not sure, but I don't think there are TOO many 1 Ability builds that so dump stats not associated with their ability that not one of the other 3 will be useful.

Still, a nerf is a nerf. But I think it's a good direction to go in. There are a lot of abilities I don't use, not so much because they're bad, but because I just can't fit them in. There are a few I rather like, but that are sufficienctly niche that I don't bring them along. So I think it'll be good for the health of the game in general to make sure players have all 4 abilities at a time. It encourages their use, which helps distinguish the frames more.

Not to mention, if left as is, it's a buff for un potato'd or low rank frames, since you now don't have to spend mod points on those abilities at all. Doesn't mean much (If anything) to heavily forma'ed frames, but it'll give new players (and people re-ranking frames after Forma) an easier go of things. Giving new players more 'free' access to their abilities and customization options (especially the extra defenses) is a good way to keep those new players.

I can certainly understand the frustration this poses for many who use 1 ability builds - but just keep in mind - even though you might have to resort to removing 1 support mod for that one ability you use, you get the 3 other abilities input back into your frame's arsenal FOR FREE. At no fusion and no slot cost.

I understand that doesn't cater to everyone's playstyles, and I can totally respect that some people only enjoy/find use in just one ability on a frame - but please don't brush off the notion that even after this massive change to the system that things are not set in stone. Once these changes are in place, or possibly even before then, DE might figure out a way to make the one-ability builds get their just due again.

In light of that, I challenge those who enjoy using one-ability builds to try and figure out a way where you won't lose any utility in a system like the one set to come. 

I can certainly understand the frustration this poses for many who use 1 ability builds - but just keep in mind - even though you might have to resort to removing 1 support mod for that one ability you use, you get the 3 other abilities input back into your frame's arsenal FOR FREE. At no fusion and no slot cost.

But no one are removing support mod for the ability who they want to buff. They are removing utility mods irrelevant to the ability.

If you had read any previous posts in this thread, you'd know that this won't change anything regarding the power level of builds that focus on improving only one ability.

Then why are you complaining? You're going to continue to stand there and press 4 and ignore everything else. What's the problem?

From the stream I gathered ranking up abilities will permanently increase a warframe's conclave rating. This is understandable, though unfortunate for Tactical Alerts/Stratos Challenges, since unequiping ability mods or using lower ranked ones was helpful for getting a build under the limit.

It is fact that many people have formad away near all ability polarities for other polarities, but here's an idea for compensation, what if we could get an overcharged forma or something for every changed ability polarity on each frame. And that super forma wouldn't reset the frame to unranked after usage.

This only sounds fair to me.

Just don't make it tradeable, it would cause a huge S#&$storm.

But no one are removing support mod for the ability who they want to buff. They are removing utility mods irrelevant to the ability.

I wouldn't be so quick to generalize.

I have seen plenty of builds that focus on one ability and every other mod in that scheme relates directly back to the one ability in some way.

Then why are you complaining? You're going to continue to stand there and press 4 and ignore everything else. What's the problem?

I never stand still and press 4 and ignore everything else. Don't bring your bad attitude here just because you have bad experiences with players.

Only in very specific builds. Otherwise it is a net increase in mod slots. Before you had six slots + four abilities, now you will have 8 slots + four abilities.

Even if your build only has one ability in it, you're only losing one slot. 

I do have a question about the conclave ratings: especially in the new dynamic alerts where the conclave is a huge factor, I have often resorted to removing abilities or using low level versions of them to get to that 700/500 mark, how will this new system influence this? Will a fully level 30-ed and maxed frame be the usual 200-300 conclave now?

Haha... this dude thinks "4" is the answer to everything on EVERY frame. hahaahahahaha

I wouldn't be so quick to generalize.

I have seen plenty of builds that focus on one ability and every other mod in that scheme relates directly back to the one ability in some way.

I can't come up with any 1 ability build that uses more than 6 or maybe 7 mods to buff an ability.

Question: In the following screenshot, which slots will be removed ?

-snip-

That might not have been the best example to use, because my guess would be that it would be the two polarities that are "\\" polarities - because those are ability polarities. Pure speculation on my part.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I never stand still and press 4 and ignore everything else. Don't bring your bad attitude here just because you have bad experiences with players.

No, the bad attitude is coming from one trick ponies raging about how they need to adapt. I'm just sick of them. Now they're raging because they can't handle this change? You said so yourself it's not going to hamper them that much, and yet here they are, crying and begging DE to unbalance the game in favor of THEM. This is a huge buff to everyone. Finally, a buff that I truly thought no one could really get angry with. More mod slots, more mod capacity, all abilities. It's even something we older players have wanted ever since the mod system came out. But nah, screw all that. I just want to spam just one ability! <--- Isn't this what the general public was tired of? DE finally makes a huge stride in getting rid of one trick pony playstyles, and the cesspool quakes.

Haha... this dude thinks "4" is the answer to everything on EVERY frame. hahaahahahaha

General statement for people who stand still and press a particular ability over and over without using any others. the 4th ability tends to be that ability, thus I used it in my example.

Edited by SoulEchelon

No, the bad attitude is coming from one trick ponies raging about how they need to adapt. I'm just sick of them. Now they're raging because they can't handle this change? You said so yourself it's not going to hamper them that much, and yet here they are, crying and begging DE to unbalance the game in favor of THEM. This is a huge buff to everyone. Finally, a buff that I truly thought no one could really get angry with. More mod slots, more mod capacity, all abilities. It's even something we older players have wanted ever since the mod system came out. But nah, screw all that. I just want to spam just one ability! <--- Isn't this what the general public was tired of? DE finally makes a huge stride in getting rid of one trick pony playstyles, and the cesspool quakes.

Can't argue with you. You really can't see past your own point of view.

Cast time, stretch, equi, stream, flow, marathon, rage, vit, fleet.

But there are like a dozen variations, depending how you want to play your clan's favorite grind slave :-)

Are you seriously trying to say that Marathon buffs Desecrate?

Ofc, you need to run a lot on most maps. Woah. It's like you never played the game before :-).

And as I said, this is only one example. You can use the gold range mod, if you like the direct approach.

All I'm saying, those builds were valid in an clan organized group run.

Not really fun most of the time, still.

Personally I dun care, cause I never had to be one of those slaves :-)

Edited by MaxiTB

Can't argue with you. You really can't see past your own point of view.

I see past my own point of view. I USED to be a one trick pony. All I did as Nova was MP everywhere, and I @(*()$ hated it. It was boring and frankly most players hated me when I did it.

I changed. Used more than just MP all the time. Modified my mods so I was able to use all of Nova's abilities. I did the same with Ember, Saryn, Oberon before his buff, Ash before his, even my Trinity was changed to use ALL of her abilities and not just Blessing. Valkyr too - I don't even use Hysteria anymore unless I need to revive a teammate.

The game became so much more fun and far more dynamic.

So yeah, I WILL happily look down upon people who only use 1 ability without thinking outside the box they put themselves in. And I WILL defend DE's decision on this change, because not only does it work for me? It also works for the general public. Niche builds will just have to adapt. And if you don't like my opinion, that's your prerogative.

Edited by SoulEchelon