Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was That Cantis' New Look?

Morec0

http://youtu.be/QYS_W6VtdJQ?t=54m10s

Right there abouts, when they head to under the Red Veil tab. I'm guessing that the people that show up are the leaders/main representatives of the groups, and as far as I (or any of us, really) know the Red Veil leader is Cantis. Or are the images just sort of the flair of the group? Showing off their visual style and all (meaning the person we see could just be a footsolider/grunt of the group).

Either way: like the idea that they have a very Warframe-esq look to them, speaks to, as I'm reading it, a sort of reverence for the Tenno. Makes me interested to see what the Arbiters of Hexis will look like (even if they're idiots for thinking the Tenno AREN'T warriors >.>)

DEBATE!

Also: shame on you, DE, all for not showing the Steel Meridian page!

Might be coincidence but the description of the Red Veil would fits well with one of the groups developed in a concept I'm working on, and the way Cantis is described there would make her fit right in, though I'm unsure of how to proceed with the concept at the moment and hope to get a message soon on what to do with it.

http://youtu.be/QYS_W6VtdJQ?t=54m10s

Right there abouts, when they head to under the Red Veil tab. I'm guessing that the people that show up are the leaders/main representatives of the groups, and as far as I (or any of us, really) know the Red Veil leader is Cantis. Or are the images just sort of the flair of the group? Showing off their visual style and all (meaning the person we see could just be a footsolider/grunt of the group).

Either way: like the idea that they have a very Warframe-esq look to them, speaks to, as I'm reading it, a sort of reverence for the Tenno. Makes me interested to see what the Arbiters of Hexis will look like (even if they're idiots for thinking the Tenno AREN'T warriors >.>)

DEBATE!

Also: shame on you, DE, all for not showing the Steel Meridian page!

They aren't just warriors. There also hecka good chefs.

Part of me likes it for that reason. Real life revolutions are seldom benevolent.

Eyup.

I can definitely see why you'd dislike it, though: it's hard to like something when they're THAT violent.

I've just always loved villains and anti-heroes more than the classical good guy (for at long as I can remember) so the darker a person/group is the more I gravitate towards them.

Nowhere was it ever said that Cantis is the leader of the red veil.... was it?

No, but it's kinda implied - given she's the one to contact us and all. Could just be she's a high-ranking member, or just a generic member of the group that reached out to us. Still, after all the orchestrating she did to get us to help the Veil with those events we gave them a hand with, it's doubtful that she's still just a faceless part of the crowd.

It's this kind of question that I made this thread to talk about, though.

They aren't just warriors. There also hecka good chefs.

MOA stew for all!

for referencetumblr_ndls2bVfFX1spv6yvo5_1280.png

Gracias.

for reference

"Scorpion spectre" and "hunted by Eximus Scorpion"?

Eyup.

I can definitely see why you'd dislike it, though: it's hard to like something when they're THAT violent.

I've just always loved villains and anti-heroes more than the classical good guy (for at long as I can remember) so the darker a person/group is the more I gravitate towards them.

Basically I'm on the fence about it. I like my factions to have good and bad sides, but they seem to be all bad sides now and we have Steel Meridian who's all good sides.

Edited by vaugahn

"Scorpion spectre" and "hunted by Eximus Scorpion"?

Basically I'm on the fence about it. I like my factions to have good and bad sides, but they seem to be all bad sides now and we have Steel Meridian who's all good sides.

That's a problem ALL the factions in Warframe have - even though one could argue that the Meridian are the good of the Grineer and the Perrin are the good of the Corpus, they (and the Tenno themselves) seem very one-note in what they do. It's not necessarily a BAD thing, but I feel like it's a weakness that needs to be worked on.

That's a problem ALL the factions in Warframe have - even though one could argue that the Meridian are the good of the Grineer and the Perrin are the good of the Corpus, they (and the Tenno themselves) seem very one-note in what they do. It's not necessarily a BAD thing, but I feel like it's a weakness that needs to be worked on.

I definitely agree. The Arbiters, Cephalon Suda, and New Loka all seem to have a nice balance of good and bad, so I'm happy about that.

I definitely agree. The Arbiters, Cephalon Suda, and New Loka all seem to have a nice balance of good and bad, so I'm happy about that.

Hmmm, looking at them, t's difficult to say. Just reading the thing about the Arbiters seems to paint them as neutral-good, Cephalon Suda seems very neutral (but gets a pass given she's an individual), and the New Loka, again, seem VERY good aligned. Hopefully when they're given voices and put in game that may change, but as is I'm not able to pull more than one trait out of their organization as a whole (which, again, isn't a bad thing, this is sort of a majority synopsis of it).

But maybe I'm not looking close enough. All I know is where I stand: dissent in a fictional group makes the group more realistic and, therefore, better.

Hmmm, looking at them, t's difficult to say. Just reading the thing about the Arbiters seems to paint them as neutral-good, Cephalon Suda seems very neutral (but gets a pass given she's an individual), and the New Loka, again, seem VERY good aligned. Hopefully when they're given voices and put in game that may change, but as is I'm not able to pull more than one trait out of their organization as a whole (which, again, isn't a bad thing, this is sort of a majority synopsis of it).

The Arbiters are dogmatic and punishment-focused, they seem a little crazy to me. Cephalon Suda is emotionless and seeks knowledge, which could lead to a blue-and-orange morality situation. New Loka seems like they're fixated on earth and humans, which means potential racism. 

Maybe I'm reading too far into it though.

The Arbiters are dogmatic and punishment-focused, they seem a little crazy to me. Cephalon Suda is emotionless and seeks knowledge, which could lead to a blue-and-orange morality situation. New Loka seems like they're fixated on earth and humans, which means potential racism. 

Maybe I'm reading too far into it though.

Hmm, fair enough. Still a little wonky on the Cephalon, but I can see where you're coming from with the Loka. Not getting the vibe from Arbiters, though, to me "discipline" in this context seems to be less "ruler across the knuckles" and more "meditation to clear the mind".

They say that The Tenno aren't warriors because that limits their potential, The Arbiters of Hexis see the Tenno as more than warriors (Godly?).

Poets? Philosophers? Angels?

Doesn't matter to me WHAT they "THINK" we are: we're framed by war.

F*** that's an epic line! I gotta write that one down!

Edited by Morec0

Speaking of syndicates Morec0: I've been looking at the stuff on your channel a lot recently and I'd like to ask: "What's the Conflagration's opinion of these syndicates? And how will he respond to the quite real possibility in an even larger shift in Tenno Allegiance than there was during Gradivus?"