Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"less Is More"

Blackchaosvortex

I just read "warframe ability mods: coming changes". So now the abilities of the warframe are no longer mods but just actually skills attached to them.

I have no problem with this change but it pretty much means that we'll be stuck with just the 4 unique abilities per warframe.

That's kind of sad because a few devstreams ago when they introduced the new mod system, they actually hinted they would add more ability mods (so more than 4 abilities).

I guess that won't happen, "Less is more" they said... well it sure feels so.

Never understood why people want "generic" abilities and the like. Those are just abilities that could be retolled in theme and design to make a brand new frame. I'm glad they're finally shooting down the idea of interchangeable abilities once and for all.

Never understood why people want "generic" abilities and the like. Those are just abilities that could be retolled in theme and design to make a brand new frame. I'm glad they're finally shooting down the idea of interchangeable abilities once and for all.

Well, they haven't shot anything down yet so don't get your hopes up. They might create interchangeable powers still. 

And because squares have more area per unit of perimeter than rectangles. 4 abilites x a very large number of frames, does not lead to as many possibilities as 8 abilities, in a 4 ability loadout x a very large but just slightly smaller number of frames.