Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing.com... How Exactly Is This A ''countdown''? I Do Not See Any Timer!

TennoSimons

Could someone please clear this up for me:

Sometimes there are online countdown websites for which you don't know what the countdown is counting down to..

But this may be the first countdown website I have ever seen that does not, uh, appear to be counting down.

Unless I am missing something.

And I have seen the Grate Prime easter egg, so please don't tell me that I am missing that (enter the konami code using directional arrows while on the site, not wasd if you don't know what i am talking about).

TL;DR

Someone please tell me how this "countdown" works so that I can figure out when DE plans on releasing Update 15. 

Could someone please clear this up for me:

Sometimes there are online countdown websites for which you don't know what the countdown is counting down to..

But this may be the first countdown website I have ever seen that does not, uh, appear to be counting down.

Unless I am missing something.

And I have seen the Grate Prime easter egg, so please don't tell me that I am missing that (enter the konami code using directional arrows while on the site, not wasd if you don't know what i am talking about).

TL;DR

Someone please tell me how this "countdown" works so that I can figure out when DE plans on releasing Update 15. 

a new tease is released each day leading up to update day that is how the countdown works

"countdown" =P

even if the countdown does start....i wont believe that they will release the update by the end of the countdown....i am very sure there will be some delay xD theres a lot to work on...and a countdown is just limiting the amount of effective work that could be done for the update

Must know when DE plans on releasing Update 15! 

....cause then I know that it will come out 7-10 days after that. 

Need to know WHEN!

Because, as today's Devstream eminently convinced me, it is going to be EPIC!

I want it, ah, but I can't have it!

It's in my face, but I can't grab it!

Damn you teaser site! Stop teasing!!!

They don't know yet, how could they possibly tell you? 

The countdown is a placeholder as of now, cool your jets.

Yeah, and, but, so: It says right there "the countdown begins''. It's patently lying to me! And you expect me to cool my jets? After they 've been so fired up by the aforementioned Devstream?!?! How dare you!?

... okay. so it is now  the second day. The site got a whole lot cooler and successfully managed to further ramp up my already considerable U15 hype.

BUT!

It still has failed to give me any indication as to when the update will be dropping. I would suppose like the poster above me that the update will drop within 2 weeks...

BUT! 

That is merely an inference, based on the fact that DE has usually delivered the update within 2 weeks of the release of the teaser (and the less said here about the extra week throw-on addition with the Sword Alone countdown debacle, the better).

And, so, but: In light of said countdown debacle, I could understand if DE were hesitant about holding themselves to a specific date for the update release. Forgive me for getting hung up on semantic, however, if there is no countdown per se, then maybe DE should not call it a ''countdown'', and should replace the term ''countdown'' with ''teaser'', or the appropriate variation. As in ''The teasing begins''. Just saying.

TL;DR

It is the second day of the ''countdown'' and it is still not clear how or if the site is actually counting down to a date or simply just being otherwise awesome. Just saying.

Edited by TennoSimons

EDIT:

Just noticed that on the site, there is a progress bar as you fly. For now, once you travel about one tenth of the overall length of the progress bar you get to see the cool video clip. Assuming that each new day at the same distance of flight interval they add one new bit of content, this WOULD suggest that there are about 10 days until U15 drops (which would make sense since it would place it squarely for Wedneday the 29th, as many have conjectured). So maybe I was wrong in my last post and this thing now IS a sort of countdown, with distance of flying between the content updates being the relevant metric to indicate days until the release. 

Thoughts?

dont be nurds. the wf hype sites come out and the next wed in Nov. is supposed to be the update.

this wed is most likely, when November hits.

archwing europa dojo liset expansion syndicates frame

Sorry to be nurdy [sic], but respect for sheer common knowledge compels me to point out that November does not hit this Wednesday, nor even the Wednesday following. And my whole point is that if there is not supposed to be a timer of any kind, them they should not have said "the countdown begins...".

But as my last part conjectured, maybe it is premature to conclude that there is no time.... And maybe these stations on the way to the fomorian are intervals repenting days.