Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Can Our Forma Be Returned As Legendary Forma(Does Not Make Your Lvl 0)

HonorGuard2074

i dont care if its legendary forma or a system that just lets u reapply the polarities u just already have in place, anything will do 

but reformaing all over again is a deal breaker, people expect to waste time in games but that would be completely grotesque and you can expect a massive backlash if its to be some sort of forced reset

players dont want vanilla forma back, they just want the time investment for their chosen polarities to be honored 

there is nothing fun or enjoyable about doing it all over again

if you really want to piss people off a sure fire way is to waste their time

doubt that, its a too complicated resolution for something a 1 hour of ODD could fix

"Wait.. So now I have to spend 30-50+ hours releveling my characters to get their stupid polarities back?"

30+ hours to get to lvl 30? man you sure take things calmly

The problem people is not whether you do deserve or not a  compensation (my opinion of which i will reserve) but the huge amount of work this would require, and the potential Exploitation it would open, those "formas" would be redirected somewhere else, we have already seen it happen with legendary cores, and making sure it doesn't happen would take even more work as they would at least need to make and implement a restriction system.

if that means they have to redirect effort from fixing and improving the game for all of us, to please a "part" of the population then you can't have my support.

if that means they have to delay U15, i am pretty sure you have the support of no one.

if you have a lot of frames, an hour or 2 per frame could be a lot of work.

i have all frames and this still sounds silly

... place huge EMO wall of text here...

maybe you take games too seriously

You're claiming you get to declare us robbed of our time because we'd misuse it? HOW, EXACTLY?! It's quite clear you don't like people using Formas at all, and want the playing field to be flattened artificially. So stop throwing in lies that you support us - which you don't - just to artificially further your claims of why we should be robbed, because you're more transparent than you think. Great for you that you're not putting money into the game, sir. But you won't have a game if the many people like me - who buy Formas - decide it's no longer worth buying them anymore. Some of us might even stay after we get ruined for your entitled pleasure, but for us now the game's greatest money sink will no longer be worth the risk (and many of us never bought Warframes or Weapons, just Formas). The Devs can't risk having their greatest cash cow losing all trust, because quite a few people here won't forma anything anymore out of fear of which slots might ever get rolled back next. You might claim that only a portion of the people here do this, but it's always only a portion of the community that funds any free-to-play game for the rest of the free-players.

You don't get to declare that someone should lose their time because the Forma might be placed elsewhere, which is not what I'm intending to do. It still represents precisely one level 30 process, so we gained zilch no matter where we place it. Furthermore, the bulk of us are people who like having our gear exactly as we want it arranged. It is for this reason that I very much intend to put every last damn polarity precisely back where it was, because putting it somewhere else wouldn't save me any time at all as then I'd still have to relevel the Warframes they were originally on to put them back there as well. It's only you - whom don't use polarities - who think we're up to evil shenanigans, because you wish you could have polarities with the money and work we put it in. That's the real reason you want them gone, because you don't want us having them - because you didn't have them yourself as well - and you're trying to take them away from those who do. You claim to be advocating saving the game, but this is just a cover to pull down players that put in more effort than you.

I would agree with us having to re-level if this were a massive Update that reworked the game entirely, while adding new factions planets and active abilities.

But imagine someone who has like 10 frames with 5 forma used in each of them.

They would have to lvl Up from 0-30 50 Times.

Sorry, but whoever thinks that is fair can't be in a good state of mind.

i dont care if its legendary forma or a system that just lets u reapply the polarities u just already have in place, anything will do 

but reformaing all over again is a deal breaker, people expect to waste time in games but that would be completely grotesque and you can expect a massive backlash if its to be some sort of forced reset

players dont want vanilla forma back, they just want the time investment for their chosen polarities to be honored 

there is nothing fun or enjoyable about doing it all over again

if you really want to &!$$ people off a sure fire way is to waste their time

Either solution is fine to me, but a legendary forma is probably easier from a coding perspective.  I'm fine with whatever measures to keep them untradable too.  I just don't want to have to relevel 9-10 frames or whatever from 0-30 twice again.

Durrrr.

Make them untradable.

Same should have happened to legendary cores/mods maxed with legendary cores.

Strikes me as irrelevant anyway.  The most you could get is 2 per frame, right?  And doing it would still require leveling frames (which take longer than weapons) from 0 to 30 for every time they did it.

Yes.  When I read about the mod changes my first thought about the forma returns was "Umm, so you're just going to take my forma out and make me re-level my frame to put the polarity back in there?"

No. Freaking. Thanks.

It's already been a while since I played and I have no interest in doing that work over again.  If anything I'd like the option to simply migrate the polarities, but OP's solution would definitely be great.

Well, that's what forma does right, bub?

They said that they'll give forma as a Compensation, did they said anything else?. And you'll only lose 2 ability slots which isn't a big deal unless you formad all of your slots which is dumb.

I think they could mention it later on, yes?

Dont put your hope up, And they could or even never. :3

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Yeah, I'm really surprised they're knocking the total mod slots down to 8.

There are two problems at work in the Warframe module pool, and with Warframe loadouts; 4 Ability polarizations with 4 Abilities possible, within 10 slots total.

The real estate for the modules is tight.  Most people probably don't run with all of their abilities, because if they did, that only leaves 6 slots for essentials like Vitality, Redirection, Streamline - anyway, you probably have an idea of what "essentials" encompasses.  This means that most of the module pool is totally irrelevant - even if we sacrifice an ability or two to make room for some other modules.  Things like laser resistance, fire resistance, slide length, that ridiculous damage reduction while in the air module ... none of them get used.  Toxic damage is the big problem for Tenno, and that barely gets touched, too.  A very select group of modules commands mod slot real estate.

So when the Abilities were removed from the Loadout, that was a great thing; less essential modules had a fighting chance at being useful, provided a Warframe had the capacity.  

But that was shot in both feet when they revealed they were also cutting down available Warframe module slots to 8.  That puts us back to square one, with the exception that we can now use all of our abilities.  The true weight of a loadout is untouched.

The ideal solution would be to leave the Warframe module slots at 10 and see how many people start throwing on Acrobat, Maglev, and Warm Coat.

+1 OP

The excessive amount of constant grind is making me lose interest in the game. I don't care for the ability slots they removed, they want to nerf the builds that's just fine by me, but to have us forma our stuff over and over once again... Could've farmed more formas over time, but the amount of time and effort it takes to use those formas... Just bleh.

Seems I've been too quick to judge, now that I've checked it myself it didn't seem that bad to be honest. I'm sure there are some kinks for some, but for the most part it even feels like an unneeded buff, two more slots to take care of plus all our abilities becoming passive abilities. Can't say I dislike it.

Edited by CapricaSix