Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Afraid They Can Screw Themselves With Syndicates?

WhiteCopain

I like the idea behind the system and it seems like a really cool idea, but looking through the video footage of it, it seems that each faction has similar top tier rewards and multiple ones (IE the top reward just says "Ability augment mods").... but it really doesn't seem to tell me what in particular they give.

I get that if you work hard enough you can eventually dig yourself out of a hole, but given the ratios of gain to loss are one to one, you seem to be working twice as hard if you max out and then get ability mods for a frame you don't want..

They mentioned in the stream that there will be a bottom limit for the holes you dig.

Which I mentioned in the post. But it's still pretty clear that by design you're not supposed to be able to max all of them, so the hole has to be pretty far.

all the rewards will be trade-able. so get your plat ready

I heard that as well, but given you lose rep to do so, I'd really rather not have to spend hundreds of plat because I level'd up the wrong one thanks to no information..

WARNING - LONG POST

So here's the faction interactions:

Meridian

=> +Veil

=> -Loka

=> --Sequence

Arbiters:

=> +Cephalon

=> -Sequence

=> --Veil

Cephalon:

=> +Arbiters

=> -Veil

=> --Loka

Sequence:

=> +Loka

=> -Arbiters

=> --Meridian

Veil:

=> +Meridian

=> -Cephalon

=> --Arbiters

Loka

=> +Sequence

=> -Meridian

=> --Cephalon

(Let's set some arbitrary parameters to look at how you'd go about getting everything. Say 240 runs to get everything with 2 points per run, and negative faction points are also capped at -240.)

If you want all the gear from all factions, but want to end on one faction in the long run, there's a certain "path" you take through the factions. 

If you want to see how I get the results, here's an example:

So say you want to start with the Steel Meridian. Half the points you earn with the Red Veil go to the Steel Meridian, and Vice Versa. So after 80 runs of both Steel Meridian and Red Veil, we have this:

Meridian: 240

Arbiters: -160

Cephalon: -80

Sequence: -160
Loka: -80
Veil: 240

We now cash in our points for all the Steel Meridian and Red Veil mods:

Meridian: 0

Cephalon: -80

Sequence: -160
Loka: -80
Veil: 0

Next step is finishing either the New Loka or Cephalon Suda, either of which is easier to finish. Say we pick Cephalon Suda - it's paired with the Arbiters of Hexis, so we'll need 80 runs of Cephalon Suda and 160 runs of Arbiters of Hexis to get both to the top. After cashing in:

Meridian: 0

Arbiters: 0

Cephalon: 0

Sequence: -240
Loka: -240
Veil: -240

The two remaining factions complement each other, just like when we started (except with twice as much work this time). 160 runs of both Perrin Sequence and New Loka:

Meridian: -240

Cephalon: -240

Sequence: 0
Loka: 0
Veil: -240

Total runs taken: 720

Note that Steel Meridian and Red Veil seem to be asymmetric - all the other pairings seem to have a common dump faction.

Otherwise, here's the outcomes:

Steel Meridian/Red Veil (1:1)  ----> Cephalon Suda/Arbiters of Hexis (1:2)  ----> Perrin Sequence/New Loka (1:1): 720 Runs

Steel Meridian/Red Veil (1:1)  ----> Perrin Sequence/New Loka (2:1)  ----> Cephalon Suda/Arbiters of Hexis (1:1): 720 Runs

Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda (1:1) ----> Red Veil (maxes out Steel Meridian) ----> Perrin Sequence/New Loka (1:2): 640 Runs

Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda (1:1) ----> Perrin Sequence/New Loka (1:2) ----> Steel Meridian/Red Veil (1:1): 720 Runs

Perrin Sequence/New Loka (1:1) ----> Steel Meridian (maxes out Red Veil) ----> Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda (1:2): 640 Runs

Perrin Sequence/New Loka (1:1) ----> Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda (1:2) ----> Steel Meridian/Red Veil (1:1): 720 Runs

So if you want to end on Steel Meridian or Red Veil, you'll be doing more runs than if you want to end on any of the others (granted, this is due to an arbitrary restriction). It would be interesting to see how the lower bound would have to change in order to balance this.

It's also interesting to note that it takes 6*120 runs to max all 6 factions, where maxing one faction (an its partner halfway) would take 120 runs. Effectively we're working at 2/3 efficiency by getting all the faction rewards.

Edited by Spacetimer

Which I mentioned in the post. But it's still pretty clear that by design you're not supposed to be able to max all of them, so the hole has to be pretty far.

Then why would they even allow you to switch? If it were by design, you wouldn't be able to, or would only be able to choose a few and be done with it.

Also, we have no idea what the numbers are as far as gaining levels with a Syndicate, so all of this is speculation. Will it be difficult to gain all rewards for all factions? Most likely. Do we know just how difficult? Not a clue.

Then why would they even allow you to switch? If it were by design, you wouldn't be able to, or would only be able to choose a few and be done with it.

Also, we have no idea what the numbers are as far as gaining levels with a Syndicate, so all of this is speculation. Will it be difficult to gain all rewards for all factions? Most likely. Do we know just how difficult? Not a clue.

You won't be able to max all the factions out at one time, but if you wanted to hardcore it you could still max them out individually, get the rewards, and move on, based on the numbers they showed anyway, but even though the numbers were place holder it was clear it was certain factions decrease as fast as you could increase another.

You won't be able to max all the factions out at one time, but if you wanted to hardcore it you could still max them out individually, get the rewards, and move on, based on the numbers they showed anyway, but even though the numbers were place holder it was clear it was certain factions decrease as fast as you could increase another.

Yes, because if memory serves I think they said the rates were percentages. When you gain rep with 1 faction all other factions do 1 of the following:

1. You gain 50% of the rep you got with the faction you focused on For them (ex. get 100 rep with Steel Meridian, get 50 with Red Veil).

2. No change.

3. Get -50% (Gain 100 in focus, lose 50 on the other)

4. Get -100%