Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranking Up Abilities Should Involve Some Challenges, Please Don't Make It A Grind

Pbrandon1

Much like Rebecca stated, someone could just potentially spam their ability and wait till it ranks up, that's hardly much of a challenge for a person at all.

Ranking up abilities should require mastering it and it should involve challenges that will become harder and harder until you finally are able to fully rank it up.

Once you fully ranked it up, you got a nice fully ranked ability and now how to effectively use it.

Only problem I see with this is that trying to find challenges that could work around some abilities like Snow Globe and other abilities but other then that, I feel this would probably add at least some more skill for the game when using abilities. 

That's it...derp.

You want to put challenge in "basic" abilities. In what is it different in terms of grind?^^'

"Wait for X situation to present itself and do X thing then, hoping it will work. Do that X times."

I prefer the "use ability X times" personally, that way I don't have to do overly complicated things just to "rank up" my abilities. Putting "challenges" where they are good is... good. Putting challenges EVERYWHERE just for the sake of putting challenges is... bad.

You want to put challenge in "basic" abilities. In what is it different in terms of grind?^^'

"Wait for X situation to present itself and do X thing then, hoping it will work. Do that X times."

I prefer the "use ability X times" personally, that way I don't have to do overly complicated things just to "rank up" my abilities. Putting "challenges" where they are good is... good. Putting challenges EVERYWHERE just for the sake of putting challenges is... bad.

I'll admit that it will be situation based when you get up there but mostly these ranks up will be teaching them how to master the ability in general.

Depending on how it's implemented, it shouldn't be terrible...like..

Let me use a hard one like Super Jump, it seems that the people up top have provided interesting answers on that...anyway.

To get to Rank 1, use Super Jump 4 Times, simple, let people get a feel for the ability.

Rank 2, Use super jump followed with a ground slam on a enemy 5 times, can't be same enemy, teaches them comboing.

So first two ranks up will be easy, just teaching them basics then rest will be more challenging.

Rank 3, In association with super jump, perform parkcore to reach a certain height, not something to high but something challenging about 7 times or 5 times. Teaching some advanced uses with it. 

Rank 4, Use super jump to get out of a sticky situation or out of a bunch of enemies line of sight about 5 or 4 times. Teaching them that this ability can also be used for getting out of dangerous situations.

Rank 5 and on, not sure about, don't know the limit but will be potentially harder. 

Could even make it where it requires you to complete three random challenges out of a roster for that rank before you rank to provide diversity but for the most part, it will be more so for teaching and mastering your abilities.

Edited by Pbrandon1