Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Veil Seems To Be My Cup Of Tea.

JaysInc

I was looking for a fun syndicate during the stream. Unless the rewards are a big deal, I'm probably choosing Red Veil too since they're the only ones with violence being a principle rather than something frowned upon.

although I don't really like the wraith weapons, as in level 30 ->sell->free slot

yes, they are definitely space Nazis... or space Commies. Actually the communist parallel makes more sense because they seem to be fighting against what they deem to be corruption but at the cost of many lives, and probably innocent ones at that. That's pretty much how Stalin felt. Also, there's some "red" symbolism.

Is Red Veil ..uhm ...Space Nazis ?

No, the Grineer are space Nazis, the Red Veil are just a group that really, REALLY hates them, to be honest the best way to describe them is like a terrorist group, I would associate them closer to a fanatical religious crusade rather then an oppressive/totalitarian government.

In a strange sort of vicious circle if the Red Veil had it's way it would likely become the very thing they are fighting against in the end if they ever did seize power though, then they may turn into the next space Nazis.

Edited by HappyApathy

No, the Grineer are space Nazis, the Red Veil are just a group that really, REALLY hates them, to be honest the best way to describe them is like a terrorist group.

In a strange sort of vicious circle if the Red Veil had it's way it would likely become the very thing they are fighting against in the end.

All I read was "blah blah blah kill stuff blah blah blah kill blsh"

No, the Grineer are space Nazis, the Red Veil are just a group that really, REALLY hates them, to be honest the best way to describe them is like a terrorist group, I would associate them closer to a fanatical religious crusade rather then an oppressive/totalitarian government.

In a strange sort of vicious circle if the Red Veil had it's way it would likely become the very thing they are fighting against in the end if they ever did seize power though, then they may turn into the next space Nazis.

Or you could call them Inglorious Basterds.

Is Red Veil ..uhm ...Space Nazis ?

It really depends on how you interpret "Heal". "Heal" as in removing anything that they deemed unworthy by their own irrational context, without justification, yeah that's pretty nazi. But the only factions we have to fight against are pretty bad in themselves, so I guess the violence is justified.

Grineers are closer to Nazis, being the faction that believes they are superior to everyone else.

This reminds me more of those protagonist factions in Gundam Animes, like Celestial Being. They keep emphasising the contradictory point "peace through war" and i get kinda the same vibe here, healing through bloodshed.

I'm more interested in the Arbiters of Hexis and The Perrin Sequence.

Sadly, they're rival factions. T-T

Well, can't really expect a faction that's all about strict moral codes like the Arbiters to be friendly to a group of merchants...

Wouldn't New Loka a better fit for space nazis? I mean they are about purify human after all.

Their description doesn't state that they will kill anyone opposed them or force other to worship their cult. They kinda sound like the Armish to me , you know , simple life and all .

But there're chance they are the naziest of them all , who know :D

They're weaklings. They don't have the power to create a new world so they're essentially nothing but persistent terrorists. 

My Tenno on the other hand is about as corrupted as you can get, what with losing all memories and being a complete tool to the Lotus.

All factions are probably going to give different rewards, and in my opinion, It's all going to be based around which faction hands out which rewards. As a crude example, if Steel Meridian gives out R5 cores, while Arbiters of Hexis give T4 keys, I can just imagine most people flocking towards Arbiters of Hexis. Another example, if Cephalon Suda gives out Damage and crit mods, and Red Veil gives out status chance and magazine capacity, I can see 9 out of 10 people joining Cephalon.

I really want to go for whichever one seems best for me lore-wise. If it wasn't so reward-based, I was really thinking between either the Red Veil or the Steel Meridian. Maybe the Arbiters of Hexis or the Cephalon Suda, but I don't really know what they are all about yet.

However, we are given no real incentive to join the faction you think fits you best lore-wise. I'm disappointed to see this happen this way, but I'm still pumped for update 15 and all of its contents nonetheless.

Unless of course you don't care about those kinds of rewards in the slightest, which I find kinda hard to believe. Even I, someone who enjoys lore and joining the side you feel most connected to very much, prefers the side with the better rewards.

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

All factions are probably going to give different rewards, and in my opinion, It's all going to be based around which faction hands out which rewards. As a crude example, if Steel Meridian gives out R5 cores, while Arbiters of Hexis give T4 keys, I can just imagine most people flocking towards Arbiters of Hexis. Another example, if Cephalon Suda gives out Damage and crit mods, and Red Veil gives out status chance and magazine capacity, I can see 9 out of 10 people joining Cephalon.

I really want to go for whichever one seems best for me lore-wise. If it wasn't so reward-based, I was really thinking between either the Red Veil or the Steel Meridian. Maybe the Arbiters of Hexis or the Cephalon Suda, but I don't really know what they are all about yet.

However, we are given no real incentive to join the faction you think fits you best lore-wise. I'm disappointed to see this happen this way, but I'm still pumped for update 15 and all of its contents nonetheless.

Unless of course you don't care about those kinds of rewards in the slightest, which I find kinda hard to believe.

Believe it or not, I'm joining the factions I'm joining (Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis) because of their lore and goal/purpose. I really like the lore and role playing aspects that the syndicate system will reveal rather than the rewards. Also, the only rewards which will be exclusive are weapon and frame mods, and even those will be tradeable.