Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#ideas And Solutions To Less Rage Over De Deleating Warframe Ability Mods

CRAFTTHIS

so as most of us have herd DE is doing a slightly unpopular move regarding warframe ability mods, however here is what i propose to solve this, my idea: Make them craftable but Fairly hard to craft and put EXTREME limitations on it, (i understand that the main point of this move is to limit getting rare mods)

Reasons why I propose this:-limiting everyone to only one copy of a ability mod will screw up builds for some people. I mean the point of this was to limit the exploitation of easy to obtain rare mods, so why not just nerf it to make everyone use them for the correct reasons

The details of my idea

limitations- the requirement of the foundry, you must have that warframe and you will only be allowed to craft if you currently own that said warframe

-The 4 blueprints for the mods should be bundled with every warframe and when one chooses to sell the said warframe it will also sell the 4 mod blueprints associated with the said warframe. (or have it to where it costs a reasonable sum of money to purchase blueprints for mods)

-can only have 4 copy of the mods at one time, and can not be fused (although can still sell)

-trade of the mods can/should be limited.(in my opinion)

- *as a side note the crafting components should include control panels, because mods do control how good or bad a warframe is*

Please put extreme consideration into the following that i have presented you with. Because this is a huge change that i personally am not satisfied with and the reasoning behind this action is extremely week on DE's half, but i feel that while they have the right idea in mind its just overkill to take everything from the players' warfame

Edited by CRAFTTHIS

Definitely not.

People have been asking for the abilities to be innate since the introduction of the mod system. It's something that should have been done a long time ago. The way they've handled ranking up is excellent, and we've been given a net increase in slots.

Did you haven't watch the newest devstream?. They completely remove the ability mod because it's now built in to your warframe. Future change won't mess with your build at all if you usually equip 2-4 abilities. Your build can stay the same and you got extra slot for utility mod

yeah i know they just took it away from the drop table, and provide ONE set of mods for each warframe

No, they will be removing the mods from the game, and reducing the mod slots on Warframes to 9 (8 mods, 1 aura). Forma on the removed will be refunded to the player who used it. The abilities will be henceforth attached to the warframe (no longer will a build require the removal of an ability). The ability will then rank up with use, rather than with cores. As far as I know, the ability mods you have when the update hits will be converted to cores. 

yeah i know they just took it away from the drop table, and provide ONE set of mods for each warframe

Wait, wait no.

Ability mods are gone COMPLETELY. There are no "one set" anymore. Abilities are now innate, like vaugahn said. That means they'll be available permanently (Well, after you rank up your warframe to the appropriate level for each ability.

Also, all current players with current warframes already above said rank will have all their abilities after the update.

Man ... Reading Comprehension. Please, people, invest in it.

I have no idea where you even read "one copy of ability mods". It wasn't stated ANYWHERE. What was stated however, is that all copies of ability mods will be turned into fusion cores.

Where is this stated? Guess I'm gonna end up with enough cores for a lifetime. o.O

Ima calculate it later, oh my.

If what you're saying is true then I'll probably be getting:

21 common cores (3), 3340 common cores (0)

7 uncommon cores (3) 814 uncommon cores (0)

25 rare cores (3), 258 rare cores (0)

or whatever xD

Edited by scavenge

Did you haven't watch the newest devstream?. They completely remove the ability mod because it's now built in to your warframe. Future change won't mess with your build at all if you usually equip 2-4 abilities. Your build can stay the same and you got extra slot for utility mod

Wait what??? wow thats new and actually sounds more like an overkill to everything we can do ... if i loose my ability slots i can put sooooo much other stuff in there and my warframe could get some exotics like handspring and ... wait a moment ... thats a GREAT IDEA OMFG i could put more exotic stuff into my frame and i spare the ability mod costs to 100%

Can someone confirm this ??? or is it a blind shot or wrong translation .... sounds too good to be true ... but it would also explain the problem if you only want to have a level 2 ability or a level 3 of the same type with different builds ... free level3 built in abilities would solve this problem!

Edited by Severuslanskerr

Wait what??? wow thats new and actually sounds more like an overkill to everything we can do ... if i loose my ability slots i can put sooooo much other stuff in there and my warframe could get some exotics like handspring and ... wait a moment ... thats a GREAT IDEA OMFG i could put more exotic stuff into my frame and i spare the ability mod costs to 100%

Maxed loot detector for whenever you're using anything besides Carrier, would be an idea.

Can someone confirm this ??? or is it a blind shot or wrong translation .... sounds too good to be true ... but it would also explain the problem if you only want to have a level 2 ability or a level 3 of the same type with different builds ... free level3 built in abilities would solve this problem!

I can confirm.

We're going to have 8 mod slots, and abilities will be totally separate. They will be ranked up by using them.

I can confirm.

We're going to have 8 mod slots, and abilities will be totally separate. They will be ranked up by using them.

F - if this is true it breaks every build i have on all my frames - if this happens think i would be out and out and  done , all that time i spent forma-ing those slots  across my frames  - and  i have 144  forma built / banked  the forma refund  won't matter to old players , but the time spend earning those pol-ed slot does ~

if we only have 8 slots on our warframes all that does is take away 1-2 slots that people usually forma for utility 

F - if this is true it breaks every build i have on all my frames - if this happens think i would be out and out and  done , all that time i spent forma-ing those slots  across my frames  - and  i have 144  forma built / banked  the forma refund  won't matter to old players , but the time spend earning those pol-ed slot does ~

if we only have 8 slots on our warframes all that does is take away 1-2 slots that people usually forma for utility 

Based on what we saw in the devstream, the system is already in place and working. They even had UI screens for it. From what I've seen the forum community is generally positive about it too. It's definitely going to happen.

Unless you're running a 1-ability build it won't really be anything different. 1-ability builds will lose a slot, 2-ability builds will stay the same, 3-ability builds will gain a slot, and 4-ability builds will gain two.

Only two slots are going to be removed, so most of your polarities will stay the same. We don't know which slots are getting removed yet, I assume they're going to tell us so we can shift polarities around to prepare. 

honestly, i think the abilities should be lvld up with ur warframe lvl, at rank 10, the first 2 skills reach their max lvl, at 20 the 3rd skill reaches its potential and at 30 the last skill reaches its max lvl. that way u don't have to constantly spam them to lvl them up

They won't be giving out cores for the ability mods either.  They clearly stated that they would give an amount of ability experience equal to the mod level for that ability in the devstream.  They do NOT want to slow down the long time gamers by forcing them to level up frame abilities.

The only question not asked, so not answered is, when do frame abilities unlock for forma'd frames.

Really, people need to watch the entire devstream before having a panic attack.

They won't be giving out cores for the ability mods either.  They clearly stated that they would give an amount of ability experience equal to the mod level for that ability in the devstream.  They do NOT want to slow down the long time gamers by forcing them to level up frame abilities.

The only question not asked, so not answered is, when do frame abilities unlock for forma'd frames.

Really, people need to watch the entire devstream before having a panic attack.

Some people should read the entire post on the topic by DERebecka. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325551-warframe-ability-mods-coming-changes/

"All existing Ability Mods won’t be rendered useless - they will be converted into Fusion Cores. Stay tuned for more information on the specifics of this conversion."

It appears we will be getting fusion cores, AND keeping ranked abilities.

So, it's a win win situation.  The post, that came out after the devstream, added an additional bonus for the players.  It makes this thread even more unneeded!