Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Worry About Syndicates As A Completionist...

I'm also worried, by the sounds of it their solution is the trading system which not only should that not be the solution to content like this, it's also rather flawed. There will be variation in the market as people decide which mods are more valuable than others, what most people support etc, trading mod for mod in this case either wont work well or not at all as a result of the differing values, it will just end up being a case of sell 3 of one mod for plat to buy 1 of the other mod for plat and so on.

I couldn't disagree with the sentiment of this thread more strongly.

I know it won't happen, but I would prefer if any rewards that you earned from a syndicate became inaccessible upon your falling out of favour with them.

I wouldn't consider myself a role-player, but the syndicate system does appeal to the part of me that connects with my tenno. It presents a series of ideologies and asks you to side with the one that resonates with you. The whole purpose of syndicates is to carve an identity for yourself, which entails making decisions that involve sacrifices.

In the event we could simply max one syndicate, and then move on to the next until all rewards are obtained, then everyone will be on equal ground at the end of the day, and that identity will be lost, because there is no individuality.

Not to mention, mindlessly flip-flopping between drastically different factions makes that part of me that connects with my tenno wretch in disgust. Most likely, this system will reward this behaviour, which spits in the face of the foundation it was built upon.

Syndicates represent making a choice. It sounds ridiculously obvious to state, but an important consequence of making a choice is differing outcomes. That means not having everything.

Though I fully agree with most of what you are saying, if that means not being able to 'catch-em-all', I still say no to making them inaccessable. As a completionist too, I'd be very frustrated with not being able to get mods/rewards I want. It may sound greedy, and maybe it is, but I wanna be able to collect as I please, not be denied access to most. In addition to that, collecting things is what Warframe is nearly all about at present. Sure the gameplay and lore are very fun too, don't get me wrong, but Warframe practically ends up as a farming simulator in the end imho.

Perhaps let mastery rank dictate the 'rate of reputation loss' from factions. And that you won't fall below a certain reputation rank you've achieved for each faction at each milestone.

This sounds like an excellent way to make Mastery ranks more desirable.  Although I would maybe suggest making it a boost to regaining favour rather than reducing favour lost as there may be content to experience through antagonising a faction so you might want to lose favour from time to time.  Which I wont mind if regaining it is not too time consuming.

I say no mastery effect. Games and economies in a game are /more/ interesting when not everybody can do every single thing. These groups plus the idea of clan specializations sound great to me and will encourage the player base or friends to work together to ensure they have a network to get all the mods and whatnot.

I disagree. I also consider myself as a completionist/collector.. but like what someone said; there won't be any point for this update if everyone will just grind and collect everything. It's suppose to give your Tenno the identity and all that. Meaning, it will make you as a player make hard choices that will require you to choose the syndicate that mirrors your own ideals. Choices that other players will make differently from you.

I only hope that DE will put enough incentives for the player to stay loyal to the syndicate and not just keep on switching around. I don't know, but if you kill like a 1000 soldiers from a single organisation, you can't just switch sides and expect that same organisation to welcome you with open arms?

I couldn't disagree with the sentiment of this thread more strongly.

I know it won't happen, but I would prefer if any rewards that you earned from a syndicate became inaccessible upon your falling out of favour with them.

I wouldn't consider myself a role-player, but the syndicate system does appeal to the part of me that connects with my tenno. It presents a series of ideologies and asks you to side with the one that resonates with you. The whole purpose of syndicates is to carve an identity for yourself, which entails making decisions that involve sacrifices.

In the event we could simply max one syndicate, and then move on to the next until all rewards are obtained, then everyone will be on equal ground at the end of the day, and that identity will be lost, because there is no individuality.

Not to mention, mindlessly flip-flopping between drastically different factions makes that part of me that connects with my tenno wretch in disgust. Most likely, this system will reward this behaviour, which spits in the face of the foundation it was built upon.

Syndicates represent making a choice. It sounds ridiculously obvious to state, but an important consequence of making a choice is differing outcomes. That means not having everything.

A bit off topic, but this whole statement, reminds me strongly of the ideology behind Soul Sacrifice/Soul Sacrifice Delta (my favourite game of all time lol).

But anyways, I agree with you pretty much lol. And at the same time, I personally just go-with-the-flow with things; just going to do missions around the group that is the most interesting to me, and if it happens I want something from another Syndicate, then I'll just trade or something lol.

And from my understanding, it's not like you're really joining them persay, but more like you just want said-Syndicate to be in favour of you, with the sigils just to be an indicator so you can achieve the appropriate points for your Syndicate. Unless I misunderstood, then feel free to correct me lol.

but seriously though, any Vita owners should give Soul Sacrifice Delta a shot! It's a fantastic game and lore~ ;D

From the way DE worded things and their general attitude towards syndicates, I'm assuming that they expect everyone to just trade away all the stuff they have duplicates of or don't want, so that everyone, regardless of native syndicate, has everything. That said, I FULLY expect them to sneak in week-long events for the syndicates where depending what syndicate you're part of, you'll get something different. And there'd be no time to improve your standings with the syndicate that has the thing you want the most. That would frustrate me, and all completionist players, beyond belief.

Ok now I won't be able to sleep.

With factions that fight each-other you cannot be a completionist for all.

If you want all rewards you could in theory just farm your own faction and then just trade with others.

As for the Sigils...Im sure that they will max out relatively early in style...just so people won't have the trouble of having to switch eeeeevery time.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about Syndicate events that forces you to pick just 1 of six rewards...because with 6 factions there would be obviously terrible or obviously strongest items.

So if there is a syndicate reward with events...it will probably just be style stuff....and if it's about style...then you will have to decide at some point, anyway... I mean you won't like all the Sigils equally....anyway.

Edited by Shehriazad