Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Related Ban

Fiddlenips

Question

First of all, I sincerely apologize if this is not the place to mention such a request, but considering actual support basically just told me "Just pay more money.", this is the closest place I could think of related to my issue.

Basically, 9 weeks ago(almost 10 now), I recieved an alert from Steam Support mentioning a portion of money invested into my Steam Wallet being taken back by Paypal, which was a result from a request I had made to Paypal returning money that was seemingly used by someone outside of my household, and as such, I had assumed there to be a case of hacking going on, so I already changed my password and details on Paypal to prevent that.

However, due to this, Steam Support decided to place a temporary block on my account which did the following for nine weeks:
Blocked from VAC-Secured servers
Unable to trade
Unable to purchase
Unable to gift, or recieve gifts
Negated account balance(Basically my Steam Wallet went into the minusses)
And anything purchased with said money before it being taken back, blocked, or simply revoked.

What this did, was, the money that I personally did in fact use on Warframe at the time, that being around 25-ish euros, with a 50% off coupon, was completely revoked, meaning my Platinum balance is now in the negatives, which has gotten me banned until, you guessed it, basically permanent(1st of January 2030).

I know this issue could easely be fixed by me just spending more money, but that just seems like... A scam, I suppose. I mean, the ban was unrelated to what I myself had done with my own money, and instead was an issue related to Steam and Paypal doing stupid stuff that I didn't request them to do.

So my question is, now, would it be possible for me to get this ban revoked in any way, besides having to spend more money? (By the way, considering I now don't have discount coupons, I'd have to pay about €50 to negate the negative platinum balance).

I sincerely hope I'll be able to use my account again by the time Update 15 is released.

Edited by Flubbernoodle

3 answers to this question

For future reference, never do a chargeback/similar to Steam/Valve (even as a last resort, its a really bad idea; Steam has been known to close entire accounts for doing that, you could've lost your entire Steam gaming library). They crackdown on that hard, and the second time is much worse if you're lucky enough to get a second chance. Go through their support to get the discrepancies sorted out, they are generally extremely helpful in financial related matters. If Paypal pulled the funds back from a legitimate transaction, as you claim, then contact Paypal and have them correct that, and contact Steam to reinstate the purchased items. Otherwise, you'll likely have to spend money to reclaim the platinum as funds were revoked for that Steam platinum purchase.

Edited by Elvang

First of all, I sincerely apologize if this is not the place to mention such a request, but considering actual support basically just told me "Just pay more money.", this is the closest place I could think of related to my issue.

Basically, 9 weeks ago(almost 10 now), I recieved an alert from Steam Support mentioning a portion of money invested into my Steam Wallet being taken back by Paypal, which was a result from a request I had made to Paypal returning money that was seemingly used by someone outside of my household, and as such, I had assumed there to be a case of hacking going on, so I already changed my password and details on Paypal to prevent that.

However, due to this, Steam Support decided to place a temporary block on my account which did the following for nine weeks:

Blocked from VAC-Secured servers

Unable to trade

Unable to purchase

Unable to gift, or recieve gifts

Negated account balance(Basically my Steam Wallet went into the minusses)

And anything purchased with said money before it being taken back, blocked, or simply revoked.

What this did, was, the money that I personally did in fact use on Warframe at the time, that being around 25-ish euros, with a 50% off coupon, was completely revoked, meaning my Platinum balance is now in the negatives, which has gotten me banned until, you guessed it, basically permanent(1st of January 2030).

I know this issue could easely be fixed by me just spending more money, but that just seems like... A scam, I suppose. I mean, the ban was unrelated to what I myself had done with my own money, and instead was an issue related to Steam and Paypal doing stupid stuff that I didn't request them to do.

So my question is, now, would it be possible for me to get this ban revoked in any way, besides having to spend more money? (By the way, considering I now don't have discount coupons, I'd have to pay about €50 to negate the negative platinum balance).

I sincerely hope I'll be able to use my account again by the time Update 15 is released.

Copy and paste this ultra spam support until you find a human and perhaps they will listen.

Other then that, new account/console or win 1,000 plat via dev stream. 

Edited by 092804971839127398237192

Copy and paste this ultra spam support until you find a human and perhaps they will listen.

Other then that, new account/console or win 1,000 plat via dev stream. 

DE support can't do anything, as the transaction where they received money in exchange for platinum was voided. Quite frankly, its not their problem. Steam support can't do anything, as they are not in charge of the bank/payment service used to render/void payment. Creating a new Steam account won't work either as they track credit card details to prevent fraudulent action. If they see that a card used mainly on an account that was then banned/suspended for fraudulent reasons is now being used on a new account, you're going to experience a lot of grief.

Correcting the problem begins with contacting Paypal to find out why a legitimate transaction was voided when he wanted a fraudulent transaction corrected. Once that is sorted out, Steam needs to be contacted to sort out the mess a mistakenly voided transaction has caused (either with Paypal reinstating the transaction beforehand, or Steam setting up a dummy transaction and charging you for the same amount). Then DE support can be contacted if this doesn't automatically correct itself via the re-added platinum.

Edited by Elvang