Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moar Puzzles~!

PookieNumnums

Ok.. 

as the title says, BUT:

i was having a chat with my design council brethren about warframe. a dc member brought up the topic of warframe feeling repetitve even with all of the content. 

i said : what would make the game feel less repetitive is two things: non combat game types, and puzzles. 

puzzles? ..Puzzles... PUZZLES! OMG YES. PUZZLES. EUREKA! 

and from there, the realization of what could satisfy several aspects of the game's great yet seemingly 'almost there but not quite perfect' game play and lore. 

Puzzles. 

Players would like more parkour and interactive environments. They also want something that satisfies their intellect, not just hand eye coordination. Puzzles could do just that. 

Examples: Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed. 

Nef Sedna (nuff said in tennoleetspeak)

Exploration missions with puzzles like TR and AC, where you have to climb up, jump through, swing on, evade, and manipulate the world around you.

Lore: Could be syndicate related game type. Exploration: retreive such and such ancient relic or technology for the syndicates, then make it to extract. Even if there was a non rewarded type id play it.

FEELS?

(we already have some puzzles : ciphers, void puzzles, and orokin obstacle rooms. so this would be like x10)

Edited by T4LCOMX

I think the parkour system of warframe needs a bit of love before we can pull Lara croft levels of athleticim. Don't get me wrong, I would love more stuff to do, more loot to find, and more secret things to enjoy, but for your idea parkour needs some polish.

I think the parkour system of warframe needs a bit of love before we can pull Lara croft levels of athleticim. Don't get me wrong, I would love more stuff to do, more loot to find, and more secret things to enjoy, but for your idea parkour needs some polish.

A new game mode? Raid 2.0? Would love it.

But maybe after Parkour gets polished and we get more movement options. 

this would be the point.

to add in parkour options like ledge grab, ledge hang, swing from objects, ledge to ledge, all that stuff. and then add in the puzzles with that, whether theyre data puzzles, move things to the right spot puzzles, press the hidden buttons puzzles, anything i wouldnt mind. 

AC and TR are both wayyy successful franchizes. this could be a huge step up from them if done right.

• 2 weeks later...

Nef Sedna (nuff said in tennoleetspeak)

Translation, please?

I'd love to see more parkour rooms. As long as those bloody pillars from the training room don't make it into the missions, those things are the sole reason I never use that particular room in our dojo, although I'd like to.

Edited by Bibliothekar