Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Really Bummed Out Now :(

Shineko

Eh, digital equivalent.  You could say that the "game publisher arbitrarily erased a several weeks-months worth of progress due to an error and only refunded you to the starting point."  If WoW erased 4 of my raid epics and only refunded me by resetting my raid lockout, I'd think about quitting WoW.

(I actually don't play WoW anymore but that's as close an analogy I could think of)

Are we sure that OP login issues were DE fault? Or his issues might be his ISP fault.

Depending on who is at fault here, there can be millions sides to blame. I dont see how his login issues can be DE fault, as i was logging in without any problems. Also, there werent mass login fails.

Edited by RoboDoge

Are we sure that OP login issues were DE fault? Or his issues might be his ISP fault.

Depending on who is at fault here, there can be millions sides to blame. I dont see how his login issues can be DE fault, as i was logging in without any problems. Also, there werent mass login fails.

Call it a hunch, but I'll blame Comcast. Because reasons.

Edited by Gelkor

Eh, digital equivalent.  You could say that the "game publisher arbitrarily erased a several weeks-months worth of progress due to an error and only refunded you to the starting point."  If WoW erased 4 of my raid epics and only refunded me by resetting my raid lockout, I'd think about quitting WoW.

(I actually don't play WoW anymore but that's as close an analogy I could think of)

How is it in any way equivalent? Its a VIRTUAL ITEM, you don't actually actually have it, technically you never had it to begin with because there's no physical possession. Its like me saying that killing someone in a game is equivalent to me killing someone in real life. No, its not! Can you not see how its invalid!?

Edited by Slamyourjam

How is it in any way equivalent? Its a VIRTUAL ITEM, you don't actually actually have it, technically you never had it to begin with because there's no physical possession. Its like me saying that killing someone in a game is equivalent to me killing someone in real life. No, its not! Can you not see how its invalid!?

Well, A) my first post was mostly light-hearted joking, B) my second post was valid.  Progress in an online game was essentially erased. Many people quit online games when/if the game developer causes progress to be arbitrarily removed. If your primary, multiple-forma'ed frame was somehow removed and you only got a level one unforma'ed version in return, would you still play?

It would be better if when a Kubrow "dies" offline, it took 3 days to resurrect. Make the materials needed for resurrection cost a forma and maybe a few rare resources.

They could make this something you need to respond too when logging in for the first time. If you refuse to acknowledge it then you can lose the Kubrow for good.

Well, A) my first post was mostly light-hearted joking, B) my second post was valid.  Progress in an online game was essentially erased. Many people quit online games when/if the game developer causes progress to be arbitrarily removed. If your primary, multiple-forma'ed frame was somehow removed and you only got a level one unforma'ed version in return, would you still play?

If I could replicate my primary, yes I would. Even if my dual Akmagnus's which I have 4 forma'd and potato'd got erased I wouldn't quit the game. I'd be upset, get over it and continue playing because its only a minor problem, its not like they erased his WHOLE progress. 

If I could replicate my primary, yes I would. Even if my dual Akmagnus's which I have 4 forma'd and potato'd got erased I wouldn't quit the game. I'd be upset, get over it and continue playing because its only a minor problem, its not like they erased his WHOLE progress. 

Different people have different thresholds.    I'd probably keep playing as well.  But I've known people to quit games over losing gear they got through abusing an exploit due to "time lost."  It's all a spectrum and different people have different amounts they give a S#&$ about having lost progress.

In general I think it's bad practice for a video game to have a system where you lose progress in the form of gear and items if you don't log in regularly.  It's one thing to lose your place on a rating's board due to not playing, but removing items and gear is bad business IMO.

Edited by Gelkor

Different people have different thresholds.    I'd probably keep playing as well.  But I've known people to quit games over losing gear they got through abusing an exploit due to "time lost."  It's all a spectrum and different people have different amounts they give a S#&$ about having lost progress.

Wait, you just said they abused an exploit. They deserve to lose their stuff if they exploit a games bugs and glitches... To the main topic at hand, its like I said I'd understand IF he put money into his Kubrow but I doubt that. It just sounds like OP is being a little b****.

Edited by Slamyourjam

I won't be playing warframe anymore :(

I was having issues logging in at all during the entirety of 14.9.X so when I was finally able to log on during 14.10.1 my Kubrow was dead. I used him a lot and I loved having him ever since i hatched him. He was my favorite companion in the game but he died because I couldn't log on.

I opened a ticket and supports resolution was giving me an egg.  Not only did I lose the reactor I gave him [which isn't that important to me] but I'll never have him, my Asmodeus, back.  Best circumstance is I'll get some random stupid kubrow of the same type. I never took a genetic blueprint or whatever of him because I had no intention of ever trading.

Q_Q

RIP warframe. I can't play you anymore.

EDIT:

I spoke with customer support. They say there is absolutely nothing they can do except get a new one. :(

Seriously?  Good riddance.

In general I think it's bad practice for a video game to have a system where you lose progress in the form of gear and items if you don't log in regularly.  It's one thing to lose your place on a rating's board due to not playing, but removing items and gear is bad business IMO.

Thing is as i pointed out already, this doesnt seem as DE fault. Yes, Kubrow mechanics are horrible and annoying, but its not DE fault for OPs login issues.

He should quit his ISP for not providing him stable connection instead.

Wait, you just said they abused an exploit. They deserve to lose their stuff if they exploit a games bugs and glitches... To the main topic at hand, its like I said I'd understand IF he put money into his Kubrow but I doubt that. It just sounds like OP is being a little b****.

Oh I know, I was using that to illustrate the far other end of the spectrum, players who quit over losing something they didn't even really work for or "deserve."

OP did lose progress, one reactor and the time spent leveling and making the first Kubrow. It's not nearly as extreme as some progress setbacks, but it's more egregious than others which can lead to quitting. That's all I'm saying.

Oh I know, I was using that to illustrate the far other end of the spectrum, players who quit over losing something they didn't even really work for or "deserve."

OP did lose progress, one reactor and the time spent leveling and making the first Kubrow. It's not nearly as extreme as some progress setbacks, but it's more egregious than others which can lead to quitting. That's all I'm saying.

He lost something that he had emotional investment in  it wasn't just an item it was HIS Kubrow   - he named it and it got taken away  . This game should be fun not  work/ hassle that you go through  to have fun .

The game grows darker  for ever player that leaves   Warframe shouldn't be a  game that people ask them selfs " What do i have to deal with today to play this game ." 

Edited by Ravel7

He lost something that he had emotional investment in  it wasn't just an item it was HIS Kubrow   - he named it and it got taken away  . This game should be fun not  work/ hassle that you work through .

the game grows darker  for ever player that leaves   Warframe shouldn't be a  game that people ask them selfs " What do i have to deal with today to play this game ." 

Game isnt directly at fault here. Game didnt have login issues. His ISP was probably making him not being able to log in.

Look at this from this perspective. My PSU died few weeks ago and i was without my PC for about 2 or 3 days, had to use my laptop for net and i dont game on laptop. If my Kubrow died during that time i wouldnt be mad at DE, i would be mad at myself because it was problem on my side.

Well, wherever fault lies, it really doesn't matter.  Lost progress, no matter who is to blame, can make you too discouraged to continue to play. You lose all of your characters in an MMO due to you getting your account hacked, it's not the MMO's fault, but you may be discouraged from continuing to play nonetheless.

Losing a kubrow wouldn't be enough for me to want to quit, no, but I can still understand being frustrated enough by a setback to not want to play anymore.

Game isnt directly at fault here. Game didnt have login issues. His ISP was probably making him not being able to log in.

Look at this from this perspective. My PSU died few weeks ago and i was without my PC for about 2 or 3 days, had to use my laptop for net and i dont game on laptop. If my Kubrow died during that time i wouldnt be mad at DE, i would be mad at myself because it was problem on my side.

Idk, that could be the possibilty but my cousin who also had log in issues couldn't log in to his middle end desktop but when he tried logging into his lower end desktop using the same internet he could. He couldn't log in for two days until he sent a support ticket

Idk, that could be the possibilty but my cousin who also had log in issues couldn't log in to his middle end desktop but when he tried logging into his lower end desktop using the same internet he could. He couldn't log in for two days until he sent a support ticket

Hrm, based on that, I almost wonder if it was the recent IE 11 update, it was messing up a lot of websites and applications that use it as an interface.  (The WF updater, like many games' updaters, uses IE as an interface application.)  Other versions of IE weren't affected, especially older versions on older OS's.

Edited by Gelkor

Its a damn virtual dog. Sure I'd get a bit annoyed that he died and I'd have to farm it again but I wouldn't quit the game like a little b****. I see it as nothing more than a tool to help me, no emotional bond what so ever.

Everybody has limits to loss. His is a Kubrow. Maybe he's sounding like ***** but you're more less sounding like an ******* here. I question if you should ever have a child or a pet.

Well I say good riddance to OP. I've had hundreds of hours in Skyrim wiped out and I didn't shed a single tear. You know what I did, I started all over again. Warframe requires dedication, looks like OP doesn't have any.

Everybody has limits to loss. His is a Kubrow. Maybe he's sounding like ***** but you're more less sounding like an ******* here. I question if you should ever have a child or a pet.

Seeing as I own a pet and I take very good care of it, you know since its AN ACTUAL PET that requires constant care and is in my physical possession. I'd say you don't need to question any further. If you get so emotionally attached to a virtual pet that you quit a game, I think you need some time off gaming. I ponder at the thought of someone playing the next Sims game and suicide because they've lost their virtual child...

Edited by Slamyourjam

Seeing as I own a pet and I take very good care of it, you know since its AN ACTUAL PET that requires constant care and is in my physical possession. I'd say you don't need to question any further. If you get so emotionally attached to a virtual pet that you quit a game, I think you need some time off gaming. I ponder at the thought of someone playing the next Sims game and suicide because they've lost their virtual child...

It maybe that or it maybe it's all that time he spent trying to get the Kubrow. So a bit of emotional and sentimental value in it.

Would you be sad if you saw some random cat suddenly died? Or would you be sad to see your own cat die more?