Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Really Bummed Out Now :(

Shineko

Seeing as the point of a Kubrow is to substitute a sentinel, I see no reason to get attached to it. Its like crying because you lost a character in permadeath and ragequit, like really? Only reason why I'd consider a legitimate reason to quit and moan about it is if you had spent platinum like some of the others to get a hold of the kubrow patterns. Even then that isn't DE's fault.

The main point of Kubrows was to have a pet/friend to join you on your missions. Given everything tied into obtaining and owning one, it's clearly not meant to be just a "substitute" for sentinels. If that's how you see it, though, then go right ahead. Just know that not everyone agrees. Regardless of that, your point about only if platinum and such is used assumes none of that happened here. Who's to say Shineko didn't sink platinum (including Reactor and/or Forma) into Asmodeus? That would be pretty frustrating alone. I know I have a Reactor and 7 Forma into my Wolfrun. While that would not be the only (or even the main) reason it would trouble me, it would just rub salt in the wound.

Hmm, i would bet that majority of the people that complain about virtual pets wouldnt even cared much if their real pet got hurt. Or would even care properly for their dogs or cats, or any animal they own.

That's actually a really messed up thing to say, but unfortunately I know there is some truth in it (with what I'm still hoping is a relatively small amount of people). I personally get very attached to animals really easily, so having a pet permanently die in anything would be at the very least a little troubling (not nearly as troubling as losing a real pet, trust me). I wouldn't quit the game forever (or even for long) or be scarred from it, but it would still bother me a bit if I played right away. This is especially true with Warframe, where I really like the Kubrows and have had a significantly better time having one around. I can name more than a few amazing moments that wouldn't have happened without my Kubrow, and in many ways they have become tied to that individual Kubrow. Knowing how I feel, it's a safe assumption that others feel the same way. Sure, not everyone, but undeniably some.

There's also, for those who might not feel the same regarding those matters, the lost time and progress (and potentially money/plat). Those alone could be enough to deter people from playing for at least a little while.

Man, I really need to work on shortening my posts.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

The main point of Kubrows was to have a pet/friend to join you on your missions. Given everything tied into obtaining and owning one, it's clearly not meant to be just a "substitute" for sentinels. If that's how you see it, though, then go right ahead. Just know that not everyone agrees. Regardless of that, your point about only if platinum and such is used assumes none of that happened here. Who's to say Shineko didn't sink platinum (including Reactor and/or Forma) into Asmodeus? That would be pretty frustrating alone. I know I have a Reactor and 7 Forma into my Wolfrun. While that would not be the only (or even the main) reason it would trouble me, it would just rub salt in the wound.

That's actually a really messed up thing to say, but unfortunately I know there is some truth in it (with what I'm still hoping is a relatively small amount of people). I personally get very attached to animals really easily, so having a pet permanently die in anything would be at the very least a little troubling (not nearly as troubling as losing a real pet, trust me). I wouldn't quit the game forever (or even for long) or be scarred from it, but it would still bother me a bit if I played right away. This is especially true with Warframe, where I really like the Kubrows and have had a significantly better time having one around. I can name more than a few amazing moments that wouldn't have happened without my Kubrow, and in many ways they have become tied to that individual Kubrow. Knowing how I feel, it's a safe assumption that others feel the same way. Sure, not everyone, but undeniably some.

There's also, for those who might not feel the same regarding those matters, the lost time and progress (and potentially money/plat). Those alone could be enough to deter people from playing for at least a little while.

There is a reason why i said that. Real pet needs commitment and compassion, and virtual one is plaything. While real pet can be a plaything, you must care for and love that furball ( if it has fur ). Most of the people that like having virtual pets are looking for something to connect to, while not having any commitments for what they are connecting to.

Basically as children when they want a pet. They want it because its fluffy and cute, and dont want to care about it later.

It maybe that or it maybe it's all that time he spent trying to get the Kubrow. So a bit of emotional and sentimental value in it.

Would you be sad if you saw some random cat suddenly died? Or would you be sad to see your own cat die more?

Both. It doesn't have to be a choice between one or the other.

Edited by Slamyourjam

There are some points i want to make to clear the air because some people are exceedingly judgmental without really knowing anything about me and instead making assumptions.

-I've played Warframe for a long time, as you can see I'm a founder. I've put a lot of time and effort into this game.

-I own every Warframe [some primes excluded, no real difference anyway yet] and I own every weapon I want to own forma'd how I want them forma'd and I earned almost all of them through time and dedication.

-I put a lot of time and effort into my Kubrow. When he hatched as a Raksa, it wasn't the Kubrow I wanted off the bat but I thought he was still kinda cute.  He really grew on me and the fact that he's suddenly just gone and there is nothing I can do about it leaves me feeling really bitter.

So what does that leave in Warframe? Warframe's end game is currently random events DE keeps releasing with new Mod's and horrendously imbalanced and anti-fun pvp.  I've spent too long grinding alternative weapons I hate just for Mastery and since then gave up a while ago. I don't need to hit Rank 13 let alone 17. It's too tedious.  Asmodeus dying took the one thing I really liked about the game and removed it.  I had sentimental value in that virtual pet and the fact it cannot be restored period makes me care very little about the game. 

I can log in to do what? Grind for more Catalyst's and Reactor's I don't need. How about Grind for Keys to grind for Prime Parts for warframes I already own just so I can 'upgrade' to the prime version.  Kubrow's were the part of Warframe that kept me in warframe after warframe started to become stale and so all my 'cares' that I had to give died with Asmodeus.

Also I'm a girl.

and yes I'm mad. >:I

Edited by Shineko

Did you bother reading my comments? I said IF, insinuating that there's a possibility of him/her having put platinum into the item. That being said the chances of that being likely is low. Can you get a quote straight from the developers that says Kubrows are supposed to be any different than sentinels? Because the way I look at it, they are exactly the same except that they take longer, are living creatures (in virtual context of course) and they take longer to get.

There are some points i want to make to clear the air because some people are exceedingly judgmental without really knowing anything about me and instead making assumptions.

-I've played Warframe for a long time, as you can see I'm a founder. I've put a lot of time and effort into this game.

-I own every Warframe [some primes excluded, no real difference anyway yet] and I own every weapon I want to own forma'd how I want them forma'd and I earned almost all of them through time and dedication.

-I put a lot of time and effort into my Kubrow. When he hatched as a Raksa, it wasn't the Kubrow I wanted off the bat but I thought he was still kinda cute. He really grew on me and the fact that he's suddenly just gone and there is nothing I can do about it leaves me feeling really bitter.

So what does that leave in Warframe? Warframe's end game is currently random events DE keeps releasing with new Mod's and horrendously imbalanced and anti-fun pvp. I've spent too long grinding alternative weapons I hate just for Mastery and since then gave up a while ago. I don't need to hit Rank 13 let alone 17. It's too tedious. Asmodeus dying took the one thing I really liked about the game and removed it. I had sentimental value in that virtual pet and the fact it cannot be restored period makes me care very little about the game.

I can log in to do what? Grind for more Catalyst's and Reactor's I don't need. How about Grind for Keys to grind for Prime Parts for warframes I already own just so I can 'upgrade' to the prime version. Kubrow's were the part of Warframe that kept me in warframe after warframe started to become stale and so all my 'fucks' that I had to give died with Asmodeus.

Also I'm a girl. That explains everything

Edited by izzatuw

Also I'm a girl.

I dont see how this is relevant to the issue, tho posters will probably be much nicer now that this is revealed.

My advice is to take a break for a month or two from Warframe, and if you want to come back, do it when you feel the need. Or dont return at all, if you dont want to do to it.

I can understand why you are angry, or disappointed, or maybe both. But its just the game, dont take it too personal. People are taking things to personal when online and that is causing millions of problems that arent really problems.

Just take a break, and return when you feel like doing so.

-I put a lot of time and effort into my Kubrow. When he hatched as a Raksa, it wasn't the Kubrow I wanted off the bat but I thought he was still kinda cute.  He really grew on me and the fact that he's suddenly just gone and there is nothing I can do about it leaves me feeling really bitter.

So what does that leave in Warframe? Warframe's end game is currently random events DE keeps releasing with new Mod's and horrendously imbalanced and anti-fun pvp.  I've spent too long grinding alternative weapons I hate just for Mastery and since then gave up a while ago. I don't need to hit Rank 13 let alone 17. It's too tedious.  Asmodeus dying took the one thing I really liked about the game and removed it.  I had sentimental value in that virtual pet and the fact it cannot be restored period makes me care very little about the game. 

I can log in to do what? Grind for more Catalyst's and Reactor's I don't need. How about Grind for Keys to grind for Prime Parts for warframes I already own just so I can 'upgrade' to the prime version.  Kubrow's were the part of Warframe that kept me in warframe after warframe started to become stale and so all my 'fucks' that I had to give died with Asmodeus.

Also I'm a girl.

First and second point completely irrelevant. This is about your Kubrow, not your game time.

If you enjoyed your Kubrow why not make another one instead of whining in the forums? Its not a sentinel creature, you have no attachments towards that specific Kubrow, you liked it because it was the only one you had at that time, I'm sure if you made another one with the same colors, fur patterns etc you would continue playing the name like normal. 

This seems like there's more to you wanting to quit the game than the Kubrow, its your experience as a whole with Warframe that makes you want to quit from what I've gathered, not this single aspect which you seem so focused on. If your only reason to continue playing the game was because of the Kubrow alone then you lost interest with most of the game itself and wanted a reason to stay. Time to move on, you clearly have a love-hate relationship with the game and you've spent too long on it. 

I swear I'm wishing some posts here are just a joke/troll stuff. And no, I'm not talking about the topic owner.

Into the issue, at the same time I understand Shineko's feelings, I have to say that I've learned the hard way to not expect much from games. They can be here today, and vanish tomorrow. Well, not the game, actually, but your account/things.

If my kubrows were deleted/dead suddenly I would leave too, probably. For a time, or longer, because for ME they're a big reason why I'm around. Each person grow attached to something in games, and it's a lil heart breaking if you lose that.

Yeah, you can build again, create again, but it's a time you didn't want to spend doing that so you need to be in the mood xD! It takes a while...

I swear I'm wishing some posts here are just a joke/troll stuff. And no, I'm not talking about the topic owner.

Into the issue, at the same time I understand Shineko's feelings, I have to say that I've learned the hard way to not expect much from games. They can be here today, and vanish tomorrow. Well, not the game, actually, but your account/things.

If my kubrows were deleted/dead suddenly I would leave too, probably. For a time, or longer, because for ME they're a big reason why I'm around. Each person grow attached to something in games, and it's a lil heart breaking if you lose that.

Yeah, you can build again, create again, but it's a time you didn't want to spend doing that so you need to be in the mood xD! It takes a while...

It takes like 3 days. Boo hoo, I can't farm 3 days for another Kubrow. :(

It takes like 3 days. Boo hoo, I can't farm 3 days for another Kubrow. :(

Not everyone have that MUCH free time, ya know. For some people, the little time spent in game is kinda... precious (I don't know what other word to use).

Also, there's the RNG luck. I managed to get Bite and one egg at the same time once (before the week event). But I already had to spend over a week trying to find an egg for hours/day with nothing.

So yes, unless you're going to spend plat to make things faster (even more if you're looking for the same pattern/colors), that can be a bummer for some people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[size=2]I did leave a certain MMORPG many years ago, but in my case it was because I was really focused on my studies (last year) and they changed the 180 days to 90 days (to delete an inactive account) without sending any message/warning (I tried to log in after exactly 92 days, lol). After 2 and a half years playing (1 year paying subscription) I got really annoyed at that. And to make things worse, in this particular case the support said they could do nothing. Oh well... That's just my case, and even so many said that I could just do everything again. Awno :<[/size]

See you in a week lad! Have fun playing other games meanwhile!

Jokes aside, I know how this feels. Except my real-life dog died. And not from starvation but from robbers who shot him and he bled out. ;_; RIP Maxwell the awesome Golden Retriver ;_;

Shot him?  Where do you live ( that is some crazy place )?

I hear from time to time that some crazy person poisoned some random dog and that crazy person i caught soon afterwards, here where i live. Nobody shot a dog for ages.

I am sorry for your loss, i know how you feel when you lose your pet.

@RoboDoge

I hear this kind of story from all the globe...

Here in Brazil it's really common to see people poisoning/torturing animals. When I was small a pregnant cat came to live with us, 6 months later we lost her and almost all her kittens to someone who poisoned them.

This person poisoned over 70 cats. Nobody cares. We suffered a lot.

It's common to see robbers poisoning dogs to invade homes.

It's not uncommon to see people poisoning dogs INSIDE THEIR HOMES because it's a breed not much people like (like pitbulls). Our neighbor lost 3 pitbulls because of this.

We had a Rottweiler and we NEVER let her go to the front gate of our house, afraid that someone could poison her. Thankfully it never happened!

I don't think karma means what you think it means.

I think "karmic balance" means what I think it means.

Of course, the true debate lies in how one accumulates positive or negative karma.

Either way, while I do think the OP needs to take a break and put things in perspective, I also agree that making kubrows perishable showed bad faith from DE. There's no need for it.

@RoboDoge 

This is more a reflection of the type of person that is willing to break into someone's home to steal, doesn't strike me as the caring type for pets. Doesn't have anything to do with where he/she lives. 

@UnknownGunneryChief

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. 

As for the kubrow mechanics, I don't understand why there needs to be 3 hours waiting period for them to come out of stasis. I'm pretty sure that folks would be more willing to put them into stasis when they logoff, if they knew that they kubrow could be available much sooner, say 30 mins to 1 hour. 

Not everyone have that MUCH free time, ya know. For some people, the little time spent in game is kinda... precious (I don't know what other word to use).

Also, there's the RNG luck. I managed to get Bite and one egg at the same time once (before the week event). But I already had to spend over a week trying to find an egg for hours/day with nothing.

So yes, unless you're going to spend plat to make things faster (even more if you're looking for the same pattern/colors), that can be a bummer for some people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did leave a certain MMORPG many years ago, but in my case it was because I was really focused on my studies (last year) and they changed the 180 days to 90 days (to delete an inactive account) without sending any message/warning (I tried to log in after exactly 92 days, lol). After 2 and a half years playing (1 year paying subscription) I got really annoyed at that. And to make things worse, in this particular case the support said they could do nothing. Oh well... That's just my case, and even so many said that I could just do everything again. Awno :<

Its not about how much free time you have. You do have to wait 3 days and its fairly easy to get the egg and everything running. If I can manage it with college, part time job and volunteering work then other people should be able to as well. 

@RoboDoge 

This is more a reflection of the type of person that is willing to break into someone's home to steal, doesn't strike me as the caring type for pets. Doesn't have anything to do with where he/she lives. 

@UnknownGunneryChief

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. 

As for the kubrow mechanics, I don't understand why there needs to be 3 hours waiting period for them to come out of stasis. I'm pretty sure that folks would be more willing to put them into stasis when they logoff, if they knew that they kubrow could be available much sooner, say 30 mins to 1 hour. 

I agree with the stasis time. It seems a bit over the top. An hour max would be fine. 

See you in a week lad! Have fun playing other games meanwhile!

Jokes aside, I know how this feels. Except my real-life dog died. And not from starvation but from robbers who shot him and he bled out. ;_; RIP Maxwell the awesome Golden Retriver ;_;

Now that is something that is truly unfortunate. I share my condolences to you and your family for your loss. 

Edited by Slamyourjam

Its not about how much free time you have. You do have to wait 3 days and its fairly easy to get the egg and everything running. If I can manage it with college, part time job and volunteering work then other people should be able to as well. 

Hm, you've read the part I said about having to spend over a week with many hours per day an no drops (RNG is moody), or the part about having the same colors/build on your kubrow, right?

I mean, if you really enjoy your kubrow for its size/colors and you lose it, oh boy... it's not a single new egg that will give you that back. (of course, it depends on the real interest of that person about those characteristics, some care about it, others doesn't)

For example, I have a lotus red/blue Raksa. Those colors aren't on the palettes yet, so if I lose this particular kubrow and want another one exactly like this one, I'll probably have to buy it from someone else (considering the same situation of the topic owner = no imprints). Today, in the market, this kind of kubrow may worth from 300~500 plat.

So it does depend on how much a person is attached to something. Some here doesn't care about kubrows, others doesn't really mind the sentinels, etc...

I guess that if the topic owner found that loss big enough to make her stop playing (for how long, only she knows), *shrug* each on their own.

[size=2]But I already saw people stopping for less, lol xD[/size]

Hm, you've read the part I said about having to spend over a week with many hours per day an no drops (RNG is moody), or the part about having the same colors/build on your kubrow, right?

I mean, if you really enjoy your kubrow for its size/colors and you lose it, oh boy... it's not a single new egg that will give you that back. (of course, it depends on the real interest of that person about those characteristics, some care about it, others doesn't)

For example, I have a lotus red/blue Raksa. Those colors aren't on the palettes yet, so if I lose this particular kubrow and want another one exactly like this one, I'll probably have to buy it from someone else (considering the same situation of the topic owner = no imprints). Today, in the market, this kind of kubrow may worth from 300~500 plat.

So it does depend on how much a person is attached to something. Some here doesn't care about kubrows, others doesn't really mind the sentinels, etc...

I guess that if the topic owner found that loss big enough to make her stop playing (for how long, only she knows), *shrug* each on their own.

But I already saw people stopping for less, lol xD

RNG on what, the egg? I haven't had a problem getting them and I've never heard of anyone else having a hard time finding them. Argon crystals? A couple of void missions and I always get 2-3 crystals. Maybe I'm just super lucky. 

Most of the time you get one of the common colours that you can get the pallets for on the market, if he did have a rare colour combo like you have then sure. I'd be a bit fussed but at the end of the day its just colors. Customization isn't the whole game, its only a fraction of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Screw that lie, I'm farming for 4 days already to even get my first egg. And then I have to wait 3 days to even be able to summon the pet...

I get eggs when i dont farm them, just play the goddamn game and you will collect it eventually.

Grinding something makes that something seems impossibru to get.