Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Nuker Warframe?

Felbourne

Question

Hey guys. I've been playing for 3 weeks with 3 friends now and we've worked out some really good warframe combos to allow us to farm very efficiently and we've got our support frames worked out but since we all need to build atleast one heavy damage dealing frame to allow more flexibility in our group I want to know which frame do you think is best for clearing huge groups of enemies like in survival and defense missions? I've been messing around with Saryn and I know her 4th ability can be extremely potent but are there any better options? I've always been interested in Ember but her damage type might not be optimal... Then there's Nova but she is a lot squishier than Saryn... What would you guys think works best?

21 answers to this question

Oh and nyx is very important in things such as T4 Defense. In my opinion since she'll be able to absorb lots of damage and inflict it back, which is capable of destroying huge groups of lvl 50+ monsters

Edit: Nothing.

Edited by MiscenturMortis

Rhino can be good at low levels, but his damage becomes pretty pathetic as you play further into the game.  Oberon is a personal favorite of my friend and I, Ash can do some incredible damage, and while people will disagree with me, Frost can be surprisingly good at damage dealing, and finally Nova is basically a living explosive, so she can be useful if you know how to use her.  I've heard that Mirage ans Saryn can do some impressive damage as well, but I have neither of them so I can't really say any more about them.

Rhino can be good at low levels, but his damage becomes pretty pathetic as you play further into the game.  Oberon is a personal favorite of my friend and I, Ash can do some incredible damage, and while people will disagree with me, Frost can be surprisingly good at damage dealing, and finally Nova is basically a living explosive, so she can be useful if you know how to use her.  I've heard that Mirage ans Saryn can do some impressive damage as well, but I have neither of them so I can't really say any more about them.

Troll much?

I don't really understand why that guy said nekros, since i asked my brain. (Whats the freaking nuke for the nekros?)

But then i thought he was trolling. I think i forgot to mention Nova.

I believe the best Nuker we've atm is Nova builded for molecular prime toting an Amprex with at least 4 forma.

It's basically Micheal Bay's wet dream.

MushroomCloud.gif

This for nuking only... but if you're looking for something a little more... exotic, I suggest Hydroid too. DPS +CC +Area denial in a single package.

Edited by Zuijin

Nova is the best frame for nuking, she can deal a lot of damage but she also debuffs enemies. And at some point it becomes more important than damage alone.

Other frames with decent nuking abilities:

Saryn - 4k corrosive damage +stun for 25 energy is a good deal

Rhino - Damage falls off quickly but stasis is nice CC

Ash - Bladestorm is one of the most damaging ults in the game.

I would say Nova or Mirage.

I've seen Banshee mentioned once or twice, presumably due to Sonar... she's more of a team damage amplifier/ CC'er than a nuker in her own right. Her abilities in and of themselves aren't massive damage-dealers.

Nova is the best and most fun to play when it comes to nuking. Just like any nuker , she features a " press 4 to win " ability which is M.Prime . However, there's more , you can also build for max range and nuke down the whole room with Antimatter Drop instead. There's nothing more satisfying than control a hovering nuclear bomb than deal TONS OF DAMAGE .

against void/corpus: Mag/prime, because shield polarize damage is based on %, not flat numbers.

against any other faction: Nyx (absorb) and Nova (anti matter drop), because those abilities can be charged up to deal LOTS of damage, but not instakill like shield polarize

when you go against low level enemies, the best is Saryn, because miasma is one of the most damaging ults, and is easier to spam than bladestorm

However, there's more , you can also build for max range and nuke down the whole room with Antimatter Drop instead. There's nothing more satisfying than control a hovering nuclear bomb than deal TONS OF DAMAGE .

Agreed. I had far more fun with Nova learning how to use Antimatter Drop effectively than recasting MP constantly too.

Basically guys we are rolling a vauban, nekros, trinity and need a 4th nuker frame. Frost is a nice option for defense missions and we have that but for some missions he just isn't necessary. The way I see it Nova might be best. 200% increased dmg taken and 800dmg explotion(raw unmoded stats) means that everyone caught it the vortexes(basically all the mobs on the map) will be debuffed and hit from the explotions of dying enemies causing more explosions themselves. Saryn is also nice but I don't think she'l be able to compete. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ash...no question...

Ash is worthless in terms of nuking.

Bladestorm takes ages to perform and locks you out from shooting/stabbing things (which is a HUGE loss of damage right there). Someone who can simply cast a nuke and then go right back to shooting/stabbing is much better.

That is why Ash lovers have been asking for a rework of Bladestorm since day one.

against void/corpus: Mag/prime, because shield polarize damage is based on %, not flat numbers.

against any other faction: Nyx (absorb) and Nova (anti matter drop), because those abilities can be charged up to deal LOTS of damage, but not instakill like shield polarize

this!

nyx got nerfed to 1000 dmg per 2 energy