Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Abilities Settings In U15

Latronico

Hi,

As you know one of the problem with the new Ability system is that users will not be able to decide what 'kind', or 'rank' of ability use (because we will level them up, that means when one of them is maxed it cannot be used with lower statistics for example).

So, my idea was: why don't you make us able to set all the abilities characteristics?

The system could work in this way. 
Every Ability has its own characteristics (Duration, Damage, Range and so on). Today, they're standard and depend on the Ability mod rank. in the future it will depend on the Ability level. 

Instead of a standard value, every characteristic could have a 'pool' of points that can be spent on that particular value. 

Let's take Radial Blind for example. 

When the player will use the ability, he will make it level up too. Every times he level up the Ability, he will unlock more points for every characteristic of the ability (in that case, a certain amount of point for Duration and for Range). 

Radial Blind at its max level grants 15s of blind effect to enemies withing 25m. 

Now, the player will have 15 points on Power Duration and 25 points on Power Range. 
In this way, he could decide how long the blind effect could stay (for example, he would use a 10s effect instead of a 15s one) and the range of the ability (for example, he would use a 10m ability instead of 25). 

Every points of the 'pool' that aren't spent on the characteristic, cannot be used in another characteristic (for example, if I use only 10 points on Radial Blind Duration I will not be able to use the last 5 points on Radial Blind Range; these points can be used only on their own characteristic). 

And, of course, there could be a max level that these characteristics could reach (for example, I cannot use more then 15 points on Radial Blind Duration and not more then 25 points on Radial Blind Range).

At the end, mods that grants bonuses to Abilities characteristics could just grants a LOWER or an HIGHER pool for these ones.

For example, if I'll use Stretch on my Excalibur, his Radial Blind Range characteristic will have 45% more points I'll be able to spent on that particular one. 
Same for all the other mods, corrupted ones included (that instead of grant MORE points, they grants LESS points). 
For example, if I'll use a maxed Narrow Minded on the same Excalibur, his Radial Blind Duration characteristic pool will have 66% LESS points able to be spent on that one. 

Well, you (Devs) always say that one of the most important things for you is the 'character customization'. 

This system will allow every player to decide HOW to use everyone of his Warframe abilities, if as a standard one (with the normal characteristics), or a particular one, with a lower Duration or Range or without Duration or Range or Damage at all.*

I think it's a pretty good idea. Think about it. 

*Imagine: I would use Nyx's Absorb as only a 'shield' ability. I'll just need to switch the Damage characteristic of the Ability to 0 (instead of the standard value) to be able to use it just as a portable shield against enemy attacks. 

Or, for example, I would use Nyx's Chaos with a really low range but with an insane high Duration to be able to cast it several times in different places. 
And so on. 

EDIT: forgot to write that of course EFFICIENCY and abilities COSTS in terms of Energy CANNOT BE DECIDED by the user, but are the standard ones. 

Edited by Latronico

Update isn't even out yet, any claims made by players are null and void. You don't know how they will deploy it. Also this fixes many problems, your powers no longer cost points wasting card space and cluttering up the drop tables. Everyones builds will benefit from this, you will now be able to use all 4 powers and level them up by using them instead of not having room for a power you wanna use.

Update isn't even out yet, any claims made by players are null and void. You don't know how they will deploy it. Also this fixes many problems, your powers no longer cost points wasting card space and cluttering up the drop tables. Everyones builds will benefit from this, you will now be able to use all 4 powers and level them up by using them instead of not having room for a power you wanna use.

Did I named ability mods removal from the drop table, or mods slots change, or anything else included in your post?

Did you read my entire post or just the title? Also because, you know, we already know exactly how this part will work. 

Edited by Latronico