Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Augmentation With The Focus System

Gilaros

As we know all frames will lose their 4 ability mod slots (abilities will be default finally) and gain 2 extra slots, so we will have a total of 8 mod slots (+1 aura) to customize our builds. This is a good change, a step in the right direction. However there are bunch of new mods coming, some of them are called Abiltiy Augmentation mods which change the way our skills work (an example was Ash's smokescreen being shared among teammates). This in itself is great, albeit a bit limiting. It will either force people to empower at max 2 skills or none at all. I think a lot better solution would be to use these Ability Augmentations for the Focus System. How I picture it?

1) Every skill gets two augmentation slot. One for Ability augmentation another for cosmetic upgrade (imagine different looking projectiles, animations for abilities). You can decide the way you want to alter all your skills. However to make the system interesting let's add some augmentations with trade offs.

2) Add normal augmentations which simply benefits your abilites (for example Rhino's iron skin has 10% chance to reflect projectiles) and corrupted ones (Rhino's Iron skin's strength is reduced by 50%, but shared among teammates). This will let people to truly customize their builds and looks of their skills.

3) Focus system is about making the xp you earn after max rank useful. After you get an augmentation you can use the extra experience to level these augmentations up (to use the previous example, rank 1 deflection 2% -> rank 5 10%). Only Ability Augmentations can be leveled up. 

4) You can earn these through quests, syndicate, bosses, random drops, you name it. 

Focus system should allow people to alter the roles of their frames. The purpose of their abilites. There is so much potential in a system like this. Imagine a moving Snow Globe, or a Switch Teleport that heals friendly target or anything really.  This is something that the current mods (with a few exceptions) can't do. Ability Augmentation is a great thing, but I can't see it working very well if we limit it to mod slots. What are your thoughts about this? 

i see no advantage to these new focus mods.

i mean, if my teammates go invisible as well if i am ash, how will that help me? exactly, not at all.
Besides, if you have max narrow minded range is very small, so this new mod is completely useless.

I will only acquire for my collection, but fear that most of these new mods are not worth equipping in the current system.

but with your system, it might

Assumed when he said ash smoke screen be shared wasnt actually going to happen, he said it was a bad example he was using.

True, I just tried to give an example (even if it is a bad one), so people understand what this is about.