Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Somebody Explain The 'arbiters Of Hexis' A Little Better For Me?

(XBOX)Grihaly

In their description, it says "they reject the 'Tenno as warriors' mythology, which limits their true potential" Whose true potential? The Arbiters, or the Tenno? Makes them sound a little bit dishonorable that way...if  that's the case, I might join them >:P

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

The Arbiters of Hexis are all about strict moral codes of honor and loyalty. They think that being warriors alone limits the Tenno's potential. They want the tenno to be scholars and monks as well as warrior: something like the honor-bound samurai or the Shaolin monks who meditate to try and reach enlightenment, or the truth, and only practice martial art as a form of discipline and spiritual unification.

Edited by Synthex

The Arbiters of Hexis are all about strict moral codes of honor and loyalty. They think that being warriors alone limits the Tenno's potential. They want the tenno to be scholars and monks as well as warrior: something like the honor-bound samurai or the Shaolin monks who meditate to try and reach enlightenment, or the truth, and only practice martial art as a form of discipline and spiritual unification.

Oh, they sound boring now :P

Yup they are referring to the Tenno. In other words, they feel that our "Tenno" way of doing things is holding us back. We should free ourselves from the rules that bind us, to achieve greater heights.

The Dark side is calling Anakin.....woops wrong universe. But that's the vibe I'm getting.

Now they sound interesting again :/

Picking a syn to work for is gonna be a difficult choice....

Yup they are referring to the Tenno. In other words, they feel that our "Tenno" way of doing things is holding us back. We should free ourselves from the rules that bind us, to achieve greater heights.

The Dark side is calling Anakin.....woops wrong universe. But that's the vibe I'm getting.

I think that the Arbiters believe being warriors alone binds the Tenno, not their rules. They want Tenno to be more than just warriors.

The devs actually mentioned a few streams ago, when they introduced the concept of sigils, that a "new faction" would be responsible for handing out sigils, called the arbiters. To obtain a new sigil or a higher level sigil of one you already had, you have to wear a specific one, and complete a specific task. They said it was intended to be endgame, something for players of the highest order to strive for, since many sigils would be beyond the skill of new players and mid-game.

Not sure how they're intended to help the Tenno explore their non-militant side, since the challanges [i assume] would all be things like "go here kill this many of this kind of guy". One example the devs mentioned was "go kill Lephantis using only melee".

Anything we'd come up with would be speculation, but there are a few hints one can work with.

The Orokin developed the Tenno to be living weapons. They presumably went so far to inculcate them with a warrior ethos, probably one drawn from ancient history and largely artificial, but it would have been the Tenno reality. The idea would be to bind them to the Empire and ensure both their loyalty and effectiveness..

Obviously, this didn't work out quite as the Orokin had planned.

Nevetheless, the Tenno are a superior type of human. Once the Orokin were out of the picture, then effectively removed themselves from human society (or what was left of it). Now they're back and this lot see unrealized potential, especially with increasing numbers of Tenno heavily involved in events in the origin system.  

It's natural to expect them to try and capitalize on what the Tenno are and build a new and presumably more advanced society using them as the core.

I guess they think that trying to make the Tenno what they are described as in the Myth is wrong. 

To them Tenno are more than just mythical warriors/mercenaries...and with discipline and training they want to get every last bit out of the Tenno to turn them into something greater than warriors.

Edited by Shehriazad

so... they are tennos? i mean they shouldnt be, but it's wierd to say "tenno as warriors" limits their potential, if Arbiters are not tennos themselves

I wouldn't say so. Now that the Tenno are coming out of stasis en-masse they are clearly shaping the future of the cosmos.

In their description, it says "they reject the 'Tenno as warriors' mythology, which limits their true potential" Whose true potential? The Arbiters, or the Tenno? Makes them sound a little bit dishonorable that way...if  that's the case, I might join them >:P

They are Tennos that figured out how to double forma their frames, put a forma on top of another forma, so they can put on even more mods and min-max even more. So they laugh at the Lotus followers that just sit there and let her take away slots from their frame.

AKA Haxxors Tenno.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

It might have been said already I don't care to hyper analize the posts but the Arbiters are a sort of strictly honour bound tenno, because they belive a structure of honour is the first step in continuing to develop our culture?

I suppose the specifics of it are up to everyones own imagination and iv not seen any posts about it besides this so iv not formed my detailed opinion yet.

I guess the best place to start is to say that they value a badge of honour of various kinds. The karyst dagger for example, see my posts on 3 other threads to find what I belive so far, the red veil thread and there's two cephalon suda threads I made it to.

As a Tenno of Suda I'm pretty proud of my thoughts and the bits of lore iv come up with so far to fill in some holes.

Syndicates; tenno groups with certain views, open hundreds of doors for the lore. Get creative make it really mean something to be a tenno of suda or an arbiter ect

I suppose id say there's to many diffrent kinds of arbiters to count.

Those that value honour through a badge or symbol or those that view deeds over words and then those that want to expand our warrior culture or those that want to form a civillian society as well.. perhaps become simply an engineer a docter or something.. it could be anything.

This I think is also why there friends with we suda tenno. Because many of us have an intrest In our history our orogins.. in my case at the moment the history of our past era's.. times past and forgotten when our ancestors woke to a diffrent troubles in the sol system.. perhaps the threat of infestation or previous wars with the grineer that left them crippled until recently.. there was a comment I recall in records from the lotus.. that our melee weapons were only forged because technology had turned against us..

I suspect it wasn't litteral of course more likly the enemy thretening the system in that era had a means of sabataging our weapons.. these are the things I want to know more about.. the events that shaped us and our customs

IMO...this type of thought reminds me greatly of Gouki/Akuma; as he cast away/converted the "soft fist"(i couldnt think of another way to say it XP) techniques so that he may gain greater power/strength to destroy his enemies and gain greater control over the Satsui no Hadou.

if u think of Lotus' tenno as that of Gouken's way of the fist then...by reason/comparison then the Arbitrators are those that walk the path of Akuma!!!

also as just warriors they are ruthless killers but as Akuma*s they have disciple, control, philosopy, strength, and ONE way to unlock thier "potential"

PS

Akuma isnt as cold blooded killer if you play the games and read so background then (imo) he becomes as  sort of warrior monk not limited by "outdated traditions"

anyways just my 2 cents/pennies

The Arbiters are probably the most mysterious in their motives at the moment, it's hard to know exactly what they intend with that description. 

An optimistic take on their plans might be that they intend to make the Tenno more than just warriors, allow them to pursue interests outside of warfare and use their powers to keep peace rather than continue war.

A darker take might be that they intend to turn the Tenno into god-like figures with which to rule their society with. 

....Is that even possible?

I imagine it would be possible with the glaive.