Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Claim Steam Pack?

SwanHead

Question

Hi, bought a steam pack and spent last 2 hours trying to activate it on my Warframe - reading, searching menus, etc. I don't have them linked, but before I bought the package I read on this site "These Steam Packs can be purchased by all player's including non-Steam Activated users as long as the user has an active Steam account." So how do I activate it on my warframe?

Please help me!

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Thanks, RushedByBlade, for your quick response! I have Warframe installed seperately from steam, what I did now is Steam>Games>Activate a non-steam game to my library - this way I was able to launch Warframe through steam, but no redemption popped up. Your suggestion: "Or go to My library> Warframe (Right click) >Properties> DLC. Activate. (Install)" I could reach as far as My library> Warframe (Right click) >Properties> and then I get SHORTCUT name of the pop-up meny and it only specifies the path from where this shortcut would launch my Warframe. What can I do?

Thanks, RushedByBlade, for your quick response! I have Warframe installed seperately from steam, what I did now is Steam>Games>Activate a non-steam game to my library - this way I was able to launch Warframe through steam, but no redemption popped up. Your suggestion: "Or go to My library> Warframe (Right click) >Properties> DLC. Activate. (Install)" I could reach as far as My library> Warframe (Right click) >Properties> and then I get SHORTCUT name of the pop-up meny and it only specifies the path from where this shortcut would launch my Warframe. What can I do?

Install Warframe through Steam.

Adding the non-Steam version to be able to be launched by Steam does not share any data between your Steam account and your Warframe account, it just adds client-side stuff like the Steam overlay.

• Like 1

Ok, Rydian, should I uninstall my normal version first so that they don't get confused? (or I don't get confused :S) Also, As I was reading the forums I saw many "bugged through steam" posts - are they true or a thing of the past?

Thank you for your advice and attention!

I would uninstall the existing version because they both will try to use the same settings data or something which might cause issues in rare cases.  Better safe than sorry.

Steam purchase issues are generally related to...

A - People not using the Steam version of the game.

B - People not having their steam purchases linked.  This can be done through the Warframe profile page if needed.

https://warframe.com/user

There's a "Verify" link there that will have the system re-do the checks if needed.

C - Temporary server hiccups.

And it's fine, you're welcome.

• Like 1

You need to download and launch the Steam version and login only once to link the account. I did that and uninstalled the Steam version so I won't have to wait for Steam update in order to start (updating) Warframe.

Edited by ntyd1s

You need to download and launch the Steam version and login only once to link the account. I did that and uninstalled the Steam version so I won't have to wait for Steam update in order to start (updating) Warframe.

The Steam version uses the same launcher, so they update at the same time.

Unless you mean the Steam client updating or something.

The Steam version uses the same launcher, so they update at the same time.

Unless you mean the Steam client updating or something.

yeah.. Steam client update... more than once it prevented me from getting Warframe updated right away.

• Like 1