The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Is Worried About Losing 2 Mod Slots?

DJ_Vauban

I explained the reason why things like overpowered or underpowered is still a concern in a co-op game.

Whether you feel Warframe has these concerns under control or not is another matter.

But isn't that the whole point of this nerf? To stomp the "power creep" that is obviously not apparent in this game?

I understand why it can be overpowered or underpowered, but enemies scale, so that isn't an issue.

So why can't we have our 10 mod slots?

I'm really only slightly concerned about the loss of a slot to single ability builds, as I only have a handful of frames that are affected - most of my frames use 2 abilities.

I'm more concerned about this 'remove polarities and give forma' bullS#&$, which, if Murphy has a say, can result in as much as a 36 MILLION xp loss, given that I've removed 2 ability polarities from almost all my frames (not *quite* all of them so it'll be less than that but still...).

This sort of thing is the big reason I've always been hesitant to forma off ability polarities. I've only done it on one warframe and that one is basically in retirement anyway (Trinity).

Overall, my first reaction was...uh, say what? But after a few seconds of thinking about it, I began to see this as a very positive thing for the game. I like the idea better the more I think about it.  I like it a LOT.

Experience and potential credit loss are a concern, but not terribly major. I have fun playing the game and don't mind doing stuff. I had fun building my 'frames--even Trinity with all her gyrations--and don't regret doing any of it.

There are 'frames where I don't use certain abilities (Nyx--psychic bolts, Valkyr--paralysis), and having them loaded in by default won't change that. They're easy enough to ignore. I do see big gains in flexibility on 'frames where I don't load all the abilities not because they aren't good, but because I need room for more effective mod support (Ember, Trinity, and Saryn are examples).

I see this as a huge net positive to the game and I'm really looking forward to it. Of course, any warframe forma plans are on hold in the meantime.

But isn't that the whole point of this nerf? To stomp the "power creep" that is obviously not apparent in this game?

I understand why it can be overpowered or underpowered, but enemies scale, so that isn't an issue.

So why can't we have our 10 mod slots?

We don't exactly know why DE is going with 8 slots instead of 10.

It certainly could be related to DE trying to keep power in check...

and that may have something do with whatever we gain from the power augment system.

At this time there is still some important bits we don't know.

They are deleting 2 slots from skills and change skills to not take any place for mod, because people played that same way as you, reforma warframe several times to use only ONE BEST ABILITY for example Nova Mprime and the other skill slots were formed to buff Mprime for example adding more Power duration, more range, more strength etc.
It is very stupid to spam one skill I never use forma to change skill polarity I always want to have all 4 abilities.

We don't exactly know why DE is going with 8 slots instead of 10.

It certainly could be related to DE trying to keep power in check...

and that may have something do with whatever we gain from the power augment system.

At this time there is still some important bits we don't know.

If DE wants to keep power in check, they should limit what mods we can use instead of all mods. Most mods have nothing to do with our power.

Like say....

8 slots for regular mods and 2 for utility mods?

Yes, or 8 slots for regular mods (power, shield, hp, armor, energy related mods) + unlimited slots for other mods. Then the only thing limiting those would be mod points and formaing would have more value.

Yes, or 8 slots for regular mods (power, shield, hp, armor, energy related mods) + unlimited slots for other mods. Then the only thing limiting those would be mod points and formaing would have more value.

I don't know. That might get out of hand in some regards.

I'd have to run some calculations before I agreed or disagreed with that.

Maybe the OP was using a zero ability build.

Thats definition of gimping yourself.

Im trying to find at least one frame where all abilities could be considered useless and i already cant remember any, then theres also thing about putting 10 mods out of which none affects abilities and unless you put some stupid stuff in there its impossible to fill these slots.

Even if we take only 1 ability 

http://goo.gl/u6wujc

thats literally best build i could come up with.

+59% duration, 35% eff, +59% strength, +22% range bubble spammer.

"working" only because bubble benefits from 3 types of mods.

Edited by Davoodoo

most frames are only good for 1 or 2 of their skills because most of the time,

>> a skill is either not useful compared to a non skill mod 

or 

>> modding for one skill scales inversely for another

if DE actually made ALL of the skills useful, losing POLARIZED slots would not be an issue

Well, = sign is now free, so they might turn all utility mods into =, and fix 2 slots to that polarity beside the 8 other. I think it should not be formable, but who knows. Maybe a high MR reward or something can unlock them.