Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will The New Abilities Use Mod Power?

Escantell

So right now the abilities use x amount of power.  I havent had a chance to see the dev stream due to poor internet, but im curious if this question was answered.  I tend to take off abilities often simply so that i have more power for other utility mods, and the idea that i might be forced to use x amount of mod power on abilities instead of utility mods sort of bothers me.

So can anyone answer that question?

(also, I'm not sure if mod power is the correct term for it.  whatever it's officially called, it's the stuff that dictates how many mods/of what rank you can put on a frame

EDIT: I know that they will now be permanently on the frame, and are no longer mods.

Edited by Escantell

The only thing is they'll be taking out two of our mod slots. It'll hurt.

But it's almost like we're gaining two mod slots instead. Since we don't have to slot abilities anymore, the remaining two slots that used to be ability slots can be used for whatever mods we desire. And we'll need the room too, for the upcoming ability-specific augments. 

for me personaly, i feel like the extra mod energy and having all 4 abilities equiped all the time is a good tradeoff to losing mod slots if you used less than two power regularly. (and thats the ONLY reason you would lose mod slots, is if you ran with either 1 or 0 powers.  0 is highly unlikely, but i do know a number of people who run with 1 equiped.)

But it's almost like we're gaining two mod slots instead. Since we don't have to slot abilities anymore, the remaining two slots that used to be ability slots can be used for whatever mods we desire. And we'll need the room too, for the upcoming ability-specific augments. 

I run two warframes with no abilities and thus ten available slots. While adding the abilities to the frame wont affect me, taking away two of the slots will leave me with just eight available slots.

I mean, if you actually depolarized all of your ability slots, then you aren't really playing Warframe how it was intended.

Sorry for playing the game the way I like to.

I run two warframes with no abilities and thus ten available slots. While adding the abilities to the frame wont affect me, taking away two of the slots will leave me with just eight available slots.

Ah, I see what you mean. As much as I don't want to critique the play style you like to adhere to, this change does benefit the vast majority of players who do make use of their Warframe abilities. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that's how the "game is meant to be played and you should play like that too", but it's a welcome change for most, and it may encourage some to try out abilities that they've never thought about using before. 

I have to wonder how it would affect things if you could trade ability slots for mod slots temporarily.  like, laet say that you can trade two ability slots for a single mod slot. (or 4 for 2)  that means that the people who lie to run with 1 ability can have 9 mod slots, and the people who like to play with no abilities will have 10.  I know it wont b e implimented, because DE's tone on this sems to be meant to encourage/force people to use all 4 abilities, but it would solve the problems people have had with the idea so far (either using just one ability or using no abilities).  it could even be implimented so that you have to give up 3 abilities in order to have 9 mods, just to keep things about the same as now.

I have to wonder how it would affect things if you could trade ability slots for mod slots temporarily.  like, laet say that you can trade two ability slots for a single mod slot. (or 4 for 2)  that means that the people who lie to run with 1 ability can have 9 mod slots, and the people who like to play with no abilities will have 10.  I know it wont b e implimented, because DE's tone on this sems to be meant to encourage/force people to use all 4 abilities, but it would solve the problems people have had with the idea so far (either using just one ability or using no abilities).  it could even be implimented so that you have to give up 3 abilities in order to have 9 mods, just to keep things about the same as now.

This would be bringing back part of the very reason for the change. It's not gonna happen.

Edited by Tails-san

oh, I said specificaly in there that it wasn't.  it would just make the people that are unhappy now satisfied.

Ah, I see that now. Sorry, was reading quickly.

But yeah, I rather like the idea behind this change, and definitely believe it'll work much better than any alternative attempt to make all abilities relevant. 

Will speed Nova be possible after this change? Will they let you keep her ult unranked with the system they're implementing?

I love the changes, but that particular style is pretty fun.

It might not be able to be done to the same extent, but it will still be possible.

My own speed nova build uses a maxed Molecular Prime for the longer duration and thus by extension, range.