Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tweaks To All Warframes And Their Abilities!

Azamagon

Bump!

Added a whole bunch of Hydroid changes (and some minor changes here and there to others).

Finally have I thought of some ideas on how to make his kit synergize better, mainly through additions to Undertow and Tentacle Swarm! Be sure to read all his ability suggestions thoroughly! :)

I haven't read it all yet, but I looked through my favourite frames and most of the changes are really nice. (especially Banshee and Zephyr)

I have a few suggestions though:
Zephyr Tornado:
- Spawn one slightly larger tornado where your reticle points. This Tornado doesn't move much, just circling around a bit. (to give more stability and/or tactical approach to Zephyr's Ultimate)

- Still spawn 3 regular tornadoes the same way they are spawning right now.

- Recasting Tornado removes all Tornadoes, dealing 250 damage to every enemy in tornado, dealing 100% proc of Tornado's element at the moment.

Excalibur's Slash Dash needs its cast time to be removed. Also I think it might be a good idea if Slash Dash and your Rising Slash ability would have their damage affected by your melee weapon damage. Which would really make them scale pretty decent for later game content.

I'm going to read the other changes later, so far it's very good!

Thanks ^^

Tornado - Having 1 stationary Tornado at the point of cast was actually an idea I had to be its augment. Regardless though, I agreed that at the very least ONE of the moving tornadoes need to be summoned closer to where you aim.

Being able to cancel them is a must though (they did it for Cataclysm & Mind Control, more abilities need this treatment, Tornado being one of most needing of it).

The ending adding some damage and/or 100% proc of the current element, I think that would be cool, but that could actually be a fitting augment mod. I'll consider adding it though, gives you some nice incentive to cancel it earlier :)

Slash Dash - Cast time removed? You mean, travel from point A to B instantly? If so, that's a bit overkill imo, but speeding it up, yeah, that'd be nice.

But making it (and Rising Slash) scale with your melee weapon: NOPE, NOPE & NOPE! It's already proven to be a failed concept with Valkyr's Hysteria (since it GREATLY lowers diversity). Abilities should only rely on themselves and/or buff weapons, but never BE buffed directly themselves by the weapons you use. Sorry, I just hate that design so intensely.

The Hysteria idea is pretty awesome:

I agree with:

- Cant go below 2 hp

- 50% damage reduction

- Get 5% of max hp per enemy killed in 6 meters radius around her or when she kills an enemy.

- Not affected by the current melee weapon making any melee viable, instead she gain better stats.

I dont agree with:

- Switching with your current melee, it removes Hysteria original concept.

I have my doubts about how the changes to Warcry would make the "new" Hysteria balanced, it will return the Hysteria lifesteal feature plus the new hp regen per enemy around/killed with 50% DR.

From my point of view, it should at least be a Warcry augment mod, the funny thing is, the new changes to Hysteria makes room to another augment mod, sharing the 5% hp health per enemy around killed or when killing with our teammates.

With such values the Hysteria change can be also changed on Dark sector PvP where the actual Hysteria last only for 4 seconds, that short amount of time is just useless and thats thanks to the invulnerability.

Glad you agreed with a lot of it. About all the different lifesteals, yeah, maybe that's a bit overkill. Augments or baseline, it's just to give her a better melee feel and to make sure the invulnerability-tweak doesn't feel too harsh. In fact, I'd prefer if she had ZERO pseudo-invincibility in it, just very high damage-resistance and lifesteals instead, more fitting better for a Berserker, having to be active in combat to survive.

But the ability to be able to switch between the claws and your own melee weapon during hysteria - I wanted to add that for the sake of diversity. A lot of people (myself included) feels a little bummed that you have the 3 first abilities greatly complementing the useage of your melee weapon, just to have the ultimate technically be a different weapon in itself, which you have to endure for a long while. If you could switch weapons, the ulti would feel far more diverse.

Bump. Great ideas, but I think abilities should grant or gift warframes, I know its like trinity blessing thag heals allies vut instead like giving someting more special to the players and others too. Well here are some of my warframe abilit ideas for some.

Ash

Shuriken: Give ash and his allies shurikens 25-30 shurikens

Smokescreen: It should be alble to conceals allies nearby instead of augment.

Teleport: Yes free aim to teleport anywhere so same idea.

Bladestorm: Fine as it is.

Frost

Freeze: Have aoe and make it have more utility like make freeze able to make anything like Icy path and barricade etc.

Ice wave: Make it a cone and have knockbacks.

Snowglobe: remove timer and max health should be 5.5k or 8.5k and have expolosion after it dies.

Blizzard: I change the name cause the name looks better. Have 5s freezing to enmies inside frost and enmies 5m away from frost will be bring in. First freeze then damage.

Loki

Decoy: Make it like specters fighting a long side with u and have the same apperance as the player. Make it cast till 3 decoys.

Invisibility: Gives enemies shock and confusion when they look at loki for 10 to 12seconds and maybe increase its timing to 15s.

Switch teleport: make it able to switch with Barrels, Give it confusion and shock to enmies that is attack and looking at loki and also if loki switch with an enemy and the enemies that is attacking loki kill the switched enenmy, it will give him a stun like a guilty look.

Radial disarm: Make the melee enmies receive damage like butchers, prova crewman etc.

More ideas to be post soon

Thank you for liking it :)

About your suggestions

Ash

Shuriken - Umm... what?

Smoke Screen - You mean, able to conceal allies without augment? I can't agreed with that, then it'd be 100% superior to Loki's invisibility. If anything, I'd prefer my suggested changes to the augment (minor changes).

Teleport - Alright, nice.

Bladestorm - Agreed

Frost

Freeze - Read my suggestion. And the icy path already exists for Ice Wave (its augment), upon which I added the ability for allies to slide on it without momentum loss :) Icy barricade though... sounds quite interesting. Gives me some ideas :)

Ice Wave - Cone is not necessary, it scales with range quite well already. Knockback was already suggested (and that pushback power is enhanced if enemies are frozen)

Snow Globe - I feel this skill is close to perfect as it is. It needs to have a timer, due to how it can obstruct for allies. Otherwise it'd just be another potential trolling tool. Max health is fine, already scales greatly with its 4 seconds invulnerability and damage-to-health-converter.

Avalanche - You mean it'd have a pull-in feature? I dunno, seems kinda random to me.

Loki

Decoy - Disagreed, stationary decoy is a benefit (more so when combined with Switch Teleport for mobility).

Invisibility - Umm, that's just way too overpowered.

Switch Teleport - Already added something similar to that (confusion to the target if it is an enemy). The "kill guilt" is unnecessary, since no other friendly fire power has that ability. We are fighting coldblooded killers and emotionless robots anyway.

Disarm - Why? It makes sense on Infested (ripping of their weapons, being their limbs, which is twisted and merged with their old weapons/armor), but not on regular enemies. The stun and "thorns"-effect is more than enough imo.

Slash Dash - Cast time removed? You mean, travel from point A to B instantly? If so, that's a bit overkill imo, but speeding it up, yeah, that'd be nice.

But making it (and Rising Slash) scale with your melee weapon: NOPE, NOPE & NOPE! It's already proven to be a failed concept with Valkyr's Hysteria (since it GREATLY lowers diversity). Abilities should only rely on themselves and/or buff weapons, but never BE buffed directly themselves by the weapons you use. Sorry, I just hate that design so intensely.

I meant to remove pre-dash casting time. So you press 1 and instantly start dashing, instead of waiting half a second looking at casting animation.

Hm, I understand what you mean. On the other hand I feel like Slash Dash is extremely lacking dealing 500 damage, when I could've done a few thousands damage (even more if it's critical hit) with my Dragon Nikana's spin attack which has just about the same dash speed and save 25 energy as well. Maybe having it affected directly by melee weapon itself is not a good idea, but if it actually deals damage on par with (or greater than) my melee would be pretty nice, otherwise I don't see myself using it much in mid-late game.

Maybe it should be affected by mods equiped in your melee, but not the melee itself. Give Slash Dash (and Rising Slash) all the base parameters melee has (damage, crit chance/damage, status chance, attack speed (affects dash speed), elemental damage, range, etc) and have them affected by mods in your melee. This way it doesn't matter if you have a Dual Zoren or Scindo Prime, what would matter is which mods you have equiped in them.

Further BIG tweaks to Ember!

Gave her a pretty big touchup, giving her a new fitting niche and archetype - World Burner!

What I did was to give all her abilities (bar Accelerant) the ability to leave lingering fire patches, in various sizes and durations. These patches can then be made VERY dangerous through the use of Accelerant. Accelerant furthermore has the capability of spreading fire like a truly evil Pyromaniac, making enemies beacons of firespreading... >:)

I meant to remove pre-dash casting time. So you press 1 and instantly start dashing, instead of waiting half a second looking at casting animation.

Hm, I understand what you mean. On the other hand I feel like Slash Dash is extremely lacking dealing 500 damage, when I could've done a few thousands damage (even more if it's critical hit) with my Dragon Nikana's spin attack which has just about the same dash speed and save 25 energy as well. Maybe having it affected directly by melee weapon itself is not a good idea, but if it actually deals damage on par with (or greater than) my melee would be pretty nice, otherwise I don't see myself using it much in mid-late game.

Maybe it should be affected by mods equiped in your melee, but not the melee itself. Give Slash Dash (and Rising Slash) all the base parameters melee has (damage, crit chance/damage, status chance, attack speed (affects dash speed), elemental damage, range, etc) and have them affected by mods in your melee. This way it doesn't matter if you have a Dual Zoren or Scindo Prime, what would matter is which mods you have equiped in them.

Ah ok, pre-dash being removed would be nice, yes.

Well, consider that it dashes through all enemies, deals 500 damage, and (as suggested) benefits from the melee combo counter and has a 100% chance to proc Slash and Impact... that's pretty nice. If it still retained the "invincible while dashing", it'd be even better.

I still don't like them being affected by melee mods, the above suggestions would be enough imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Added a new synergy to Mag - When casting Crush, it also affects your Bullet Attractor target and all other enemies that might be inside its sphere, no matter if the BA-target is in reach of Crush or not!

What follows in the spoiler are my current thoughts on my own suggestions, as a list of what I feel is "done" or what is still in need of big adjustments (which I would love to get help with btw).

Please note that even if I think that something is "complete", it doesn't mean that this is how it HAS to be, or that it can't get further adjustments or anything like that, it's more how I PERSONALLY feel about my suggestions.

** Ash **

Complete (?) - Overall quite pleased with the adjustments. Only things I might consider incomplete are the added utilities to Shuriken and Smoke Screen, but I'd not complain if these were added as suggested. I'll revist those things later, if necessary.

** Banshee **

ALMOST complete - Overall not too bad, but some things remain:

Silence - What could it get added which is affected by Power Strength?

Sonar - Should it interact a bit more with her abilities? My suggestions for Sonic Boom (the added "sniperbeam", that can hits Sonar spots) and rework of Soundquake (doesn't lock her in place, allowing her to use Sonar meanwhile it stuns enemies), are those enough? If Silence had some added interaction with Sonar, even if very minor, I'd be very content.

** Ember **

Incomplete (?) - I like the general concept (giving her a niche, finally), but would this be enough? It feels like scalability is still gonna be an issue...

** Excalibur **

Complete (?) - Feel far more happy with the tweaks now. The Super Jump revamp, while much better, I still feel like it is missing something though. Would that be enough?

** Frost **

Complete - I'm very content with these changes. Still can't believe I figured out different kinds of freezing effects that actually synergizes :P Could of course still get some tweaks, but I'll leave him like this for now, this would seem more than enough to make him more fun and not just a Snow Globe bot.

** Hydroid **

Complete - Very content with these changes. He was kinda easy though, as he mostly just needed a bunch of QoL fixing and some minor synergy additions.

** Limbo **

Incomplete (?) - Overall quite close to being complete, but Rift Surge honestly needs a total revamp (help please!), giving him an ability that works with his kit AND works alone too (something Rift Surge doesn't do). A toned down version of Rift Surge sounds more like that could be his passive ability...

** Loki **

Incomplete - Loki works well as he is, but some of the additions I suggested, I'm not content with yet:

Decoy - Interaction with Power Strength and Range, I really want something else here. Something that doesn't rely on RNG, isn't overpowered, but is still interesting enough to consider when modding.

Invisibility - Just as Decoy, I want something more interesting for this ability in terms of interaction with Power Strength and Range, something that makes you consider modding for those, yet something that isn't overpowered either.

** Mag **

ALMOST complete - I'm very happy with my suggestions, actually giving her a role and lots of synergy in her own kit, but I just have one thing I wanna fix:

Shield Polarize - How could this ability be affected by Power Duration? Maybe the allied shieldbonus could be split up, half of it being regenerated instantly, and the other half be a shieldregen buff that works regardless if you are under attack or not?

** Mesa **

Incomplete - Still a bunch of things I'd like to fix:

Ballistic Battery - Should it use her Regulator pistols for the shot, or your current weapon? Feels a little weird that ONLY her ultimate uses her own pistols... And what could Power Duration do for this ability?

Shatter Shield Showdown - While I think this is better than the slightly overpowered Shatter Shield, I'm still not sure if I'm happy with this ability yet.

Peacemaker - Should the "superdodges" still be kept? If not, then how could it interact with Power Duration?

** Mirage **

Incomplete - Considering I have barely suggested anything for her, she is certainly still incomplete (imo). I dunno, I just find her kinda boring, so it's kinda hard to find inspiration to come up with something more interesting for her. I would like a lot of help here.

** Nekros **

Incomplete - While I think I have some decent ideas for him, I still have a LOT of questionmarks:

Soul Punch - I'm content with its concept overall now, but I'm unsure how/if the "soul projection" should weaken the target's armor and/or shields and/or in general... (also keeping Power Strength in mind)

Terrify - Also ok with its concept now, but what should its debuff be? If Soul Punch already makes the unit suffer more damage taken, should Terrify do it AS WELL? Or how could these 2 abilities be more seperated?

Desecrate - Still not sure at all how to revamp/tweak this ability (since I, and many others, hate its metagame). If it doesn't interact with corpses anymore (which I prefer to be a part of SotD), then what should it do? And can it somehow still provide health orbs? (Because that is a cool part of his kit, imo)

SotD - I like this one now, especially if it ALSO interacts with corpses, as suggested.

** Nova **

Complete (?) - She didn't get much adjustments, since she was pretty much complete already. Even if I'd be content with these tiny changes, I still would like to ask these things:

Null Star - How could it get some better synergy with the kit, even if very minor?

Wormhole - The suggested "fun" additions, should they be added?

** Nyx **

Incomplete - Not all too far from completion, but the questionmarks are still quite big for me:

Mind Control - Power Range, what could it do here?

Psychic Bolts - Utility? Power Range? Power Duration? Definitely an ability that still needs a LOT of adjusting.

Chaos - Power Strength, what could it do here?

Absorb - Power Strength, how could it be more interesting here?

** Oberon **

Incomplete - I think the kit overall is close to how I'd like it, but of course there are still questions:

Hallowed Ground - Keep it with armorbonus, or give it the suggested "retaliating damage reduction", which I find more interesting? Should it still give status immunity, or should that maybe be given to Renewal instead?

Renewal - I really like my suggested mechanic overall for it (more similar to Molecular Prime in style), but what it does, is it enough? If it had the status immunity instead of Hallowed Ground, I'd feel it was more useful overall (rather than just being for patching up allies and nothing else)

Reckoning - Feels like it is really missing something. I like neither the blinding or the confusion effects (very uninspired additions imo), but if something has to be kept, I prefer the blinding (at least if it was made reliable, and not only working on surviving enemies), since Smite already has the confusion effect on its main target.

** Rhino **

Complete (?) - Rhino already had a very functional kit, so I didn't feel he needed so much tweaking. But still, this bothers me: Even with my suggestions, is he still too simplistic? Yes, he works better endgame, is not as broken earlygame, can tank better with the taunt on Roar... but isn't he still too bland? Or is that just fine?

** Saryn **

Incomplete - I am still very confused about the suggestions for Saryn, only Molt feels to be near completion...

Venom Contagion - I'd like to keep the "whack-a-spore" mechanic, but I'd also like to give it easier/better useage on lower levels. And I'd like some added utility, something that fits it, so it feels more worthwhile in general combat and which synergizes with her kit... Maybe affected targets get a Puncture-like proc on them, to let her Molt survive longer?

Contagion Venom Shroud - While much better than her current crappy ability, and while having a unique mechanic to it, it feels incomplete somehow...

Miasma - While I think the addition of the line-of-sight breaking cloud is nice and synergizes very well with her kit, it also feels like its something that should've been added to Ash's smoke cloud instead. But, if BOTH had this function, is that really a problem? A whole bunch of abilities does similar stuff anyway *shrugs*

** Trinity **

Incomplete - While I like the concept of the abilities a bit better now, something REALLY bother me - 3 of her abilities now grant damage reduction of some kind :/ I need to think more about how each ability can feel more different from one another while still having synergy in them.

** Valkyr **

ALMOST complete - I like the suggestions, but minor things still bother me:

Ripline - Some better utility on it when it hits a target would be nice.

Hysteria - The ability to switch between her claws and the equipped melee weapon during Hysteria, should that be a thing or not?

** Vauban **

Incomplete - Yes, he is a very strong character and yes his abilities all work very fine. Yet he feels incomplete to me. Why? Synergy, or rather, the lack thereof. Tesla works well with Bastille and Vortex, yes, but that's it.

Bounce - What could this do so it fits better in his kit, so it synergizes with his other abilities?

Vortex and Bastille - What could be done so these abilities work better with one another? Yes, they have seperate uses for different situations, but they are kind of useless TOGETHER.

** Volt **

Complete (?) - With the suggested tweaks, I feel that he would finally have a highly synergistic kit:

Speed + Overload - Run in with the electric aura, damaging a lot in your wake

Speed + E.Shield - With the shield being flexible as either being stationary OR working as the Odanata's Energy Shell, you'd have a very awesome synergy with these abilities. The reloadspeed bonus on Speed also goes greatly with the Shield and its electric damage bonus.

Overload + E.Shield - The shield counting as (weaker) electronic devices? Oh yes! >:)

Speed + E.Shield + Overload - Zip zap, fry all the crap! :D

Only Shock feels like it is kind of misplaced, but honestly, it is so good and versatile that it doesn't matter, really. It could easily get some synergy with the E.Shield (such as damagebonus), but that is an easy addition.

Oh, and having Overload and/or Shock being able to hack panels sounds like Volt can really bring something unique to the tables...

** Zephyr **

Incomplete - Zephyr still needs tweaks, but I don't really know what to do:

Tail Wind and Dive Bomb - If merged with Dive Bomb somehow, it would make it very hard for our console-users (such as having to aim down). But a merge would still be nice, so her second ability could be something more unique, rather than just "Tail Wind, only downwards". And if they could be merged neatly, what would replace Dive Bomb? Archwizard's Tempest ability sounds neat imo.

Turbulence - I like the idea of it, but I'm still not sure how its mechanics should work. It could either be absolutely overpowered, or useless (like how it is right now, both at once >_>).

Edited by Azamagon

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump and lots more changes!

Had to split the post in 2 (too much text *ahem*), the second part is a bit futher down in the thread.

Volt

-- Shock --

* Now is boosted by Electric Shield (but max one boost, no matter how many shields it goes through, it'd be too strong otherwise, I guess?)

* Power Duration now affects how many bounces it does!

Vauban

-- Tesla --

* Has 100% status chance (thus deals damage in an AoE, synergizing greatly with Vortex)

* When a Tesla attacks, it can also arc over to a nearby Bastille, zapping ALL enemies caught inside it! However, this chain damage is only 25% of the original Tesla damage (crazy good synergy when you combine Tesla, Bastille and Vortex!)

-- Bounce --

* Now also alters gravity of the target, still launching it up, but also suspends the launched enemy target in the air (at the peak) for a duration or until a new enemy triggers the same pad. When released (no matter how), the target is flinged straight down with great force.

* Both launching and landing deals damage in an AoE (50% of what the main target suffers) with knockdown on all enemies caught in the AoE's.

* Any collision with bounce-targets (up or down) causes collision damage to the involved targets

This gives it better synergy with Tesla (keeping enemies much longer in place, allowing it to attack more) and Vortex (mass collection and AoE). It also makes it a REALLY good tool in itself to put singular targets out of combat for a looong time, bouncing up and down constantly! :D

Nyx

-- Mind Control --

* Mind Freak added to the ability baseline (slightly nerfed though), but the boost is reduced gradually over distance if the target is beyond a certain distance from Nyx

* Mind Freak augment is changed into Mind Link, which causes damage suffered by Nyx to be dealt to the MC target instead + causes damage done to the MC target to affect Nyx's Absorb too

-- Psychic Bolts --

* Staggers and affects the attackspeed of struck enemies: They attack enemies of the Tenno = they attack faster. They attack allies of the Tenno = they attack slower.

* Can be cast during Absorb!

* Energycost reduced to 35

-- Chaos --

* Enemies suffer a minor Finisher DoT, which has the additional benefit of helping you locate where they might be hiding etc

* An enemy that kills one of its allies suffers a moderate chunk of Finisher damage instantly

* Chaos'd targets are forced to attack your Absorb, if close enough.

-- Absorb --

* Has a set Energycost and max duration again (not long), but energy doesn't deplete when damage is absorbed either!

* Can still be ended early (a la Cataclysm)

* Also has minimum damage and a damage-amplifier (a la Antimatter Drop, albeit much smaller)

Nekros

-- Desecrate --

A crazy idea, a complete overhaul for it:

Now spawns a desecrated ground (similar to Hallowed Ground) at Nekros position, which has bony and ethereal hands in it, dealing damage over time to enemies in it (which gets stronger the less amount of health they have) and gradually slows enemies down - first in movement, then in attackspeed, potentially leaving them helpless. However, these slowing effects are done by the bony hands attaching themselves to enemies, which can be attacked by the enemies, meaning they at the very least provide a creepy distraction. Enemies that die on a Desecrate / while affected by it has a chance to spawn additional orbs/ammo.

This makes it a unique type of CC with a minion- and "embracing death"-feel to it. It also synergizes very well with the "soul projection" idea of Soul Punch, since the stationary soul is ALSO affected by Desecrate...

Only problem: Does it overlap too much with the CC of Terrify?

sleight of hands: should be able to give random functions to enemy's weapons such as (disarm no guns) (jammed cant shoot for a while) (self damage for a few seconds) (lower damage) (reverse damage) they should all be random per enemy but only once per cast

eclipse: should have at least a indicator to say what bonus you get from being in a light level its so hard to tell or have a flat damage reduction and flat damage increase when in any light then add the extra on depending on the light level

ballistic battery: a multi shot of bullets with proc chance instead of single target ? or allow the current to be used more than once

crush: enemy's are slowed or crimpled reducing there damage output?

ice wave: does it still cold proc?

blade barrier sounds awesome

blind: still effected by LOS? if so maybe the stun should be the sound of the blind and effect all targets but a max stun duration

shooting gallery: sounds good but what about if it could be made manual so you can switch it when you want to different players or keep it to your self

peacemaker: how does the teleport dodging work?

absorb: is it effect by allies or damage energy from enemy's?

physic bolts: sounds ok but I still think it should do what the augment does but change it to each projectile gets 1 target each

sleight of hands: should be able to give random functions to enemy's weapons such as (disarm no guns) (jammed cant shoot for a while) (self damage for a few seconds) (lower damage) (reverse damage) they should all be random per enemy but only once per cast

eclipse: should have at least a indicator to say what bonus you get from being in a light level its so hard to tell or have a flat damage reduction and flat damage increase when in any light then add the extra on depending on the light level

ballistic battery: a multi shot of bullets with proc chance instead of single target ? or allow the current to be used more than once

crush: enemy's are slowed or crimpled reducing there damage output?

ice wave: does it still cold proc?

blade barrier sounds awesome

blind: still effected by LOS? if so maybe the stun should be the sound of the blind and effect all targets but a max stun duration

shooting gallery: sounds good but what about if it could be made manual so you can switch it when you want to different players or keep it to your self

peacemaker: how does the teleport dodging work?

absorb: is it effect by allies or damage energy from enemy's?

physic bolts: sounds ok but I still think it should do what the augment does but change it to each projectile gets 1 target each

Yay! Finally some feedback xD

Sleight of hands - It is more about affecting the environment though, I don't think it needs to do such things (although they would be nice of course). Like I said, Mirage will be the last frame I tweak since I have played her the least. I saw someone suggest that it could spawn random pillars of light and darkness, with which you can stand in for Eclipse and to boost Prism etc. That would be unique. *shrugs*

Eclipse - Yup, an indicator other than the effects on Mirage herself would be nice.

Ballistic Battery - I added punchthrough to it, I dunno if that'd be enough. Multishot could work too, but that is peacemaker's job, more or less. BB should be about one powerful shot, imo. I'm more concerned wether it should remain a buff to your equipped weapon (gives bias to crit weapons) or if it should be shot with the Regular pistol (flat damage, but no equipment bias).

Crush - No, they just remain ragdolled on the floor (in the crushed form) for the stated amount of time. Pure, simple CC

Ice Wave - Yes, unless anything else is stated, nothing is removed from ANY ability.

Blade Barrier - Thanks ^^ More interesting than the bland nuke we have now at least :P

Radial Blind - I dunno, I guess it doesn't need LoS anymore, considering the Radial Javelin revamp. After all, Prism doesn't have LoS-restriction (plus has a ton of damage on it), why should Radial Blind have that restriction?

Shooting Gallery - That's a neat idea :) Lasts on you for as long as you have it on and can "activate" again any time manually to jump to another random ally. I will think about fleshing out something more with that idea, that sounds great! :)

Peacemaker - Well, I was thinking: Just keep holding a directional key(s), then tap shift = you teleport in that direction. Just think about how you roll currently, it functions exactly the same, just done way quicker and in a "standing" and teleporting fashion.

Absorb - Like it used to function at first: Allies and enemies alike can fuel its damage + damage absorbed does NOTHING to your energy pool. Hence its much shorter duration and fixed energycost. Think about it as Absorb version 1.0, but can be cancelled at any time (the only change it actually needed, along with a duration-nerf).

Psychic Bolts - I dunno, disarming fits well with her kit, but she'd feel too much like Loki with that added baseline. I personally think it fits better as an augment.

Good post(s) I've only skimmed through the frames was interested in but they were good ideas (particularly Zephyrs Tailwind separation)

May I suggest that Limbo's rift surge allow limbo and team mates to temporarily shoot enemies in the void regardless of which plane they're in

- It helps limbo play well with teammates

- It would fit more than a situational buff, seeing as how limbos abilities revolve around managing limbo/players/enemies between two planes.

I'm not sure if it would gel well with rift surges current buffs/your changes though, maybe they could just be a natural buff/debuff for the rift itself.

Edited by PencilManners

Good post(s) I've only skimmed through the frames was interested in but they were good ideas (particularly Zephyrs Tailwind separation)

May I suggest that Limbo's rift surge allow limbo and team mates to temporarily shoot enemies in the void regardless of which plane they're in

- It helps limbo play well with teammates

- It would fit more than a situational buff, seeing as how limbos abilities revolve around managing limbo/players/enemies between two planes.

I'm not sure if it would gel well with rift surges current buffs/your changes though, maybe they could just be a natural buff/debuff for the rift itself.

That addition/overhaul to Rift Surge sounds like a good idea and something I would consider adding to it :) Being a natural buff/debuff of the Rift itself, I'd consider that way too strong though.

But just a note: That change/addition ALONE won't make the skill "perfect", as each and every single ability needs to have a standalone use. Rift Surge doesn't have that, it is 100% useless if used seperately. That's something I'd like for it as well, preferably with something unique. Just can't think of what yet, so help is greatly appreciated!

Really love these ideas, and I love how you keep their role in mind when balancing, because I always felt that frames deserved more clear roles that synergize well.

Thank you, thank you ^_^

Yeah, I've put a LOT of effort into this, making sure that roles/themes, balance AND (self)synergy are all there at once :)

• 4 weeks later...

No one will use Spectral Scream as long as it's a weapon that costs energy.  We can gun the enemy down as well or better for 0 energy.

Which is why i added its lingering and stacking patches of elemental residue (as suggested by Archwizard in his own thread) and greatly buffed its range.

I almost think it should always have 100% proc chance too, PLUS stagger on the "scream" though (at least for the sake of giving CC to cold and toxic in particular, but also for electricity and heat towards those enemies that are immune to their respective panic/stun effects), because otherwise, as you said, it has no point in being used when you can just shoot enemies instead.

At least the suggested patches rectifies it a BIT.

Edited by Azamagon

• 3 weeks later...

Why not make it cost 0 energy?  Then the issue is entirely resolved.  It's not very powerful as far as weapons can go.

The more I think about this ability, the more I think it needs a complete revamp. Being a toggled ability just doesn't work for it, imo.

I'd do like this:

* Make it a single-cast elemental "breath" (onehanded, so it doesn't interrupt moving/reloading etc), which deals decent damage to enemies in a big cone, has 100% elemental proc chance and leaves lingering elemental residue on the enemies/environment which damages enemies over time and has a smaller chance to proc its element.

* Afterburn renamed Deep Breath - Now also simply launches a projectile in the target direction, which explodes for X damage, causes knockdown and has 100% elemental proc too.

On top of that, I rewrote the suggestions for Excalibur, adapted to the revamp of his that is coming soon. Blade Barrier feels like a great revamp/replacement for Radial Javelin, hope you guys agreed :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump!

Updated Excalibur considering his new update.

Also tweaked Valkyr a bit (mainly to make Hysteria and Exalted Blade more fair between one another, but while still keeping them distinct from one another).

EDIT:

Also changed some augment mods, namely:

* Radiant Finish

* Rift Torrent

* Cataclysmic Continuum

* Irradiating Disarm

* Greedy Pull

* Shattering Shield

* Mind Freak

* Chaos Sphere

* Hallowed Reckoning

* Contagion Cloud

Edited by Azamagon

• 3 months later...

Bump!

* Added Equinox (along with coming up some WiP augment ideas for her)

* Tweaked Mesa further (considering her Peacemaker revamp coming up, but also her other abilities)

* Tweaked Mag

* Tweaked Limbo (Rift Surge made into his passive (with number tweaks and some other bonuses) and the 3rd ability, still called Rift Surge, is COMPLETELY new)

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpetybump with a big update:

* Atlas added (with LOTS of tweaking). Among others:

*** Landslide - Possibly scales with melee mods, and other more minor numerical buffs. Augment idea - Landslide Victory: Enemy kills with Landslide, or if the enemy is killed quickly after hit by Landslide, heals Atlas.

*** Tectonics - Gets some quite big numerical buffs. Allies can walk through the wall (it behaves like harmless mud/sand to allies) and being near the wall / boulder grants minor flat armor bonus to allies (Rumblers included ofc). Augment idea -  Mudpath: Creates a wide path of mud where the wall stands / boulder travels, which disallows enemy running, slows their movement and increases their standing up recovery time.

*** Petrify - No longer a toggle, but revamped to a quick "flash" stare, but still retaining its gradual petrification (sped up with more power strength + petrifies more quickly if you use recasts of Petrify). As enemies get more and more petrified, they suffer more and more damage taken. Lots of tweaks, please read more about it in the OP. Augment idea - Brittle Crash: Fully petrified enemies suffer a bit more damage taken, and if hit by Landslide they will always be pushed away heavily and upon collision with the environment (Tectonics and Rumblers are included as environment!), they suffer heavy damage (similar to Snow Globe)

*** Rumblers - Given some hefty buffs, along with great buffs to their thrown rocks (takes effect in an AoE, enlongens stand up recovery time), are healed by Tectonics boulders passing through them. Augment idea - Crumblers: Upon death/expiration/detonation, Rumblers will shatter into several pieces, launching out their bodyparts, similarly to their throwing rocks, towards nearby enemies.

* Passives added to some Warframes!

* Banshee changes:

*** Sonic Boom - Now also deals minor bonus damage if enemies collide with environment.

*** Soundquake - Now a "planted mine", detonating into a soundquake upon enemy proximity or upon manual detonation (recasting it).

Augment idea - Supersonic Crescendo: The mine is now instead launched in the targetted direction and upon detonation / impact, triggers a soundquake. Also adds one extra soundwave when the soundquake finishes, which deals added damage, has a bigger radius and stuns slightly longer.

* Ember changes:

*** World on Fire - The 5 explosions that occur upon activation ALSO happen upon deactivation.

* Frost changes:

*** Freeze - Ice patch triggers on ANY impact (even on enemies), has a bigger radius but slows only by 50% (like Cold procs)

*** Snow Globe - Freezing of enemies upon Snow Globe cast is now affected by Power Duration

* Hydroid changes

*** Tidal Surge - Energycost reduced to 35 (or even 25).

* Mag changes:

*** Pull - Now affects enemies through walls again.

Please also note my old changes to her other abilities, most notably on BA and Crush:

*** Bullet Attractor - Massive improvements (Cost reduced to 50, gives perfect punchthrough towards the target, can be detonated manually, upon detonation/expiration/death it also adds AoE puncture damage based on a percentage of how much the target suffered in damage (think: Weaker Antimatter drop with an enemy as the "drop"!))

*** Crush - Slams enemies together on the final part (adding more damage), ragdolls longer, also lifts all enemies inside Bullet Attractor spheres no matter how far away!

* Mesa changes:

*** Ballistic Battery - Bonus now lasts for a few seconds after your first shot done, but each shot reduces the bonus (so the bonus can be lost before the timer is over), and Power Duration affects the bonus duration plus the power reduction per shot. Also adds punchthrough to all boosted shots.

*** Shooting Gallery - Buff jumping is done manually. Also boosts reloadspeed and fire rate.

*** Shatter Shield - Remade into "Bullet Time", an aura which slows enemies a bit and projectiles by a lot, as well as drastically speeding up Mesa's dodging speed.

*** Peacemaker - Blur removed. Mesa can move slowly (like Spectral Scream) and roll (to utilize the Bullet Time dodge bonus!). Power Duration affects reticle shrinking speed. Secondary fire does Mesa's old 360 degree shooting, but only at an unmoddable range of 15 meters and always at minimum damage.

* Nekros changes:

*** Soul Punch - Deals more damage the less health the target has (numbers unspecified, and obviously weaker on bosses and such), instead of proccing Viral on them.

* Nyx changes:

*** Mind Freak - Buffed my revamped version of it (called Mind Link)(Note: I added Mind Freak, sort of, baseline to MC)

* Valkyr changes:

*** Ripline - Energycost reduced to 10. Potential idea: When a target is riplined over to Valkyr, before it is released, it is quckly swung around her in a circle, then slammed down in the ground in front of her. This swing and slamdown causes impact damage to the nearby targets and the main target respectively. All affected targets are knocked down, the main riplined target being knocked down for a longer time. If these effects are added though, I'd keep the energycost at 25.

Augment changed - Now named Cluster Rip - After hitting a target with Ripline, an additional 1/2/3/4 targets within 5/6/7/8 meters around the main target are also hooked onto (attached from the main target) and pulled towards Valkyr. (Note: Each target suffer the same effects as the main Ripline target; Slash damage, punctureproc and knockdown bonus. Further note that this has no bonus effect to the suggested baseline "circle swing".).

*** Hysteria - Valkyr takes (reduced) damage during Hysteria, and upon "dieing", she gains a brief invulnerability timer (affected by Power Duration), during which she must regain health (her Hysteria lifesteal says hello!), otherwise she will incapacitate/die upon this timer's expiration.