Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron/vandal And Corpus Lore.

DarkLordX2

I have heard many times that Snipertron/Vandal was removed because it didn't fit the Corpus Lore.

"As of Update 8, the Snipetron was removed from the game's Market and can no longer be obtained. According to the developers, the Snipetron's use of standard bullets as opposed to being a railgun or energy weapon did not fit the lore of the Corpus, and it was removed as a result."

But, what if i tell you that Snipertron could fit in the Corpus Lore?

Let me explain you:

Braton

ydytHDk.png

"The Braton is a cheap production assault rifle manufactured by the Corpus, equally balanced amongst the three physical damages (barring a fraction more Slash damage). The damage, fire-rate, and accuracy are all balanced, allowing a rifle that will perform with surprising results against any faction. It replaced the prototype MK1-Braton in Corpus manufacturing, with all Bratons currently being marketed as this current model."

Should Braton/MK1-Braton be removed from the game? As we can see it's not a energy based weapon, like most Corpus weaponry.

Braton doesn't fit the Corpus Lore, why it's still in the game?

Now we have Snipetron:

1jfekBo.png

"Manufactured by the Corpus, the Snipetron is a powerful and accurate rifle that sports optical zoom capabilities. Perfect for long range engagements."

Let's compare both:

-Both are manufactured by the Corpus.

-Both are Hit-Scan.

-Both aren't Energy based weapons.

In other words, Braton and Snipetron doesn't fit the Lore.

Just in case...

NqYm4xh.png

Edited by DarkLordX2

Where are you getting the Braton quote? The codex/ingame makes no mention of any faction other than it being a Tenno favorite. Early in the games development, it was a common placeholder weapon among the grineer and corpus, though now neither use it.

Dkd2Qsz.png

Edited by Elvang

Braton is a very basic firearm based off an Orokin design recovered by the Tenno. When you need a firearm and you need one fast you need resources and factories like the Corpus have.

The Tenno use their contacts with Corpus manufacters through Darvo - whose always happy to help for a price. That's how they got it mass produced.

Built by Corpus, based off Orokin tech, and meant for the Tenno. It is, technically speaking, a Tenno faction weapon.

Snipetron was disposed of because they wanted to turn it into a laser weapon. Snipetron became the Lanka. The only reason Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal exist in the game still is because DE isn't in the practice of taking items away from players once they have it and they're cool so they made a Vandal for it as a sort of 'farewell' to the weapon.

Where are you getting the Braton quote? The codex/ingame makes no mention of any faction other than it being a Tenno favorite. Early in the games development, it was a common placeholder weapon among the grineer and corpus, though now neither use it.

It is from the wiki, but by the design of the Braton itself you can clearly see it's Corpus made.

The Braton series is supposed to be a Corpus version of the Orokin weapon, but it's not for sure yet. 

Also, it's not explained how and why the Corpus produced that kind of weapon. 

Following what I remember of official lore, the Corpus are obsessed by Orokin technology and the Braton series are obsolete Corpus weapon produced in large number. I think that probably the Braton was the old standard rifle for Corpus military units, before the energy weapons insertion.

I don't think that the Braton series were meant to be produced for Tenno, because the Tenno has their own veriosn of it stolen by the Lotus (Braton Vandal). 

Probably, the Braton series were just the more affordable weapons at the moment, when the Lotus woke up the first Tenno. You know, Corpus are merchants, Grineer are the great enemy of ourselves so... it's a bit unconvincig that they gave us their weapons. 

The same for Lato.

About the Snipetron, it's a bullet weapon, crafted by an 'energy weapon' based faction.

So, lore explanation could be that the Snipetron itself is a prototype based on Orokin techonology, that evolved into the Lanka. The same one of the Braton series.

The only difference would be that the Braton is a copy of the Orokin weapon; the Snipetron is just inspired by ancient Orokin technology and, however, just a propotype for something else. 

I feel like the Snipetron could be the sniper equivalent of the braton/mk-1 braton. A weapon that was manufatured by the Corpus(explaining the look of the gun) for the Tenno(thus fitting the lore for each faction).

I wasn't around when the Snipetron was available, and I currently hope that it's the next weapon to come out of the "vault" because I really like the aesthetics of the corpus weaponry, and the Lanka in particular, but I prefer the hit-scan functionality that the Snipetron possesses when compared to the Lanka. It would be a nice alternative to have compared to the Vectis.

Edit: Also, if this happened, then there would be a potential for a Prime. Snipetron Prime confirmed, do want. (Because there's a Braton Prime too!)

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Built in a Corpus factory. It's a Tenno weapon. The Corpus don't use it.

Serro:

DYEwuPU.png

"Developed as an energy saw to scrap obsolete ships, this tool was quickly banned when rebels in the Sedna region discovered it also made an excellent weapon."

Made by Corpus and it's a Corpus "weapon", but they don't use it anymore.

Why old Snipertron cannot be built on the same factory as cheap, mass-produced answer to Vulkar?

Good question.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Why old Snipertron cannot be built on the same factory as cheap, mass-produced answer to Vulkar?

Because DE wanted to make it into the Lanka instead.

Serro:

DYEwuPU.png

"Developed as an energy saw to scrap obsolete ships, this tool was quickly banned when rebels in the Sedna region discovered it also made an excellent weapon."

Made by Corpus and it's a Corpus "weapon", but they don't use it anymore.

The Serro wasn't a weapon. It was a tool. It just makes a decent weapon in the Tenno's hands.

Why not to change description of Snipetron to:

Snipetron 2.0

"Fast auto charging sniper rifle, which accelerates light projectiles to very fast velocity through magnetic induction"

> Lore issue fixed.

> No new modeling required. Since Snipetron build by Corpus and not like Lanka modified by Tenno in energy lab out of Snipetron.

> No complains any more from community.

> Alternative Corpus sniper (easy to use).

> Viability in PvP.

[Fast auto charge = fast automatic charge mechanic which as fast as Snipetron firerate 1.5 r/sec => Equal to current Snipetron]

[Hitscan = light weight projectiles which are accelerated through magnetic induction > less punch through, less initial damage and more noise compared to Lanka]

Maybe as syndicate reward (The Perrin Sequence)!? would make sense!

Edited by Voidflow