Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm: Still Too Slow, And Needs And Adjustment

VergilDT

Even with the clones the ult still executes to slowly. In the time it takes to kill all 15 targets some nova or rhino or other massive AoE frame has killed the room and wasted the energy spent to use it.

Secondly, why in the name of the Lotus can Ash hit one target with all 15 attacks in PvP, but can't target an enemy more then once when there are less than 15 targets in range, such as a group of 8 that includes 2 heavies that don't die on the first hit, after the lesser enemies die and you've still got 7 attacks left its a waste of energy not to be able to retarget the heavies untill i'm out of attacks or they die. or a Boss alone in the room for the same reason. Adjusting Bladestorm to target like that would be incredibly more useful vs bosses and clusters of heavies/eximus in other missions.

Edit: pls ignore the typo in the title O.o

Edited by VergilDT

Bladestorm isn't meant to instantly clear a room. However, it deals incredibly heavy damage to each target hit, ignores armor, and leaves a nasty Bleed proc. Since it scales with melee combos, too, it just gets stronger and stronger with time (especially since each attack from it adds 1-3 hits to your melee combo). It trades off instant damage to a room for significantly higher damage, even at later levels, and invincibility during the animation.

Also, Bladestorm actually can hit the same enemy multiple times outside of PvP. I don't think it works on bosses, and you don't always see it hit the same enemy multiple times because of the clones or because it dies.

Edit: Basically, the speed is fine considering its damage output.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Bladestorm isn't meant to instantly clear a room. However, it deals incredibly heavy damage to each target hit, ignores armor, and leaves a nasty Bleed proc. Since it scales with melee combos, too, it just gets stronger and stronger with time (especially since each attack from it adds 1-3 hits to your melee combo). It trades off instant damage to a room for significantly higher damage, even at later levels, and invincibility during the animation.

Also, Bladestorm actually can hit the same enemy multiple times outside of PvP. I don't think it works on bosses, and you don't always see it hit the same enemy multiple times because of the clones or because it dies.

I agree with most of that but my point is that one can't land that damage/proc/melee combo unless it actually gets to hit an enemy, if Rhino stomps a second or two after you hit the button, the room is dead and 100 or more energy is wasted. basically the animation itself can't override the instant kill ults of other frames. I thought about maybe making the targets only able to be damaged by Ash until they are hit at least once by BS but I can only imagine the "15 guys are now immortal, except to Ash" glitches

I'm not advocating an instant kill, only a bit faster animation. but I dunno maybe it just can't be done.

Is there somewhere i can go to find out if it works on bosses if you don't know for sure?, i only ask cause i've never be able to manage it.

uhm sorry to put this in there but uhm, my Ash died on sevral occasions where he got dmged while during blade storm, heavy grineer napalm or any other aoe blast gets me most the time and it gets really annoying at higher lvl stuff cause i build mine around bladestorm and not shield or health, not to mention the bugs i still have/get by using bladestorm like falling through floors and stuff.... at this point im allmost about to remove Ash frame, since Bladestorm is so usless most the time.... so making bladestorm kill things a little faster would not hurt it at all.

Edited by Defion

Bladestorm however has massive singletarget damage.

Ash will outshine other damage casters in high levels.

Bladestorm is already very strong, no need to buff it further

again I do agree that he has very good damage and I'm happy with it, I certainly don't want another OP map wiping ult in the game.I think that Ash succeeds in fun where other frames make the game boring for teammates, however like I said before he can have all the damage in the world and it means nothing if he can't deliver it to his targets.

I only ask for a boost of the speed of the animation.

Edit: even if it was changed to some kind of Instant thing, 1. it would lose the cool aesthetic of teleporting around and 2. He's still within a reasonable limit due to a limited(and iirc unchangeable by mods) number of targets. leaves plenty of stabbing for everyone else.

Edited by VergilDT

I really don't see a buff happening for this ability as of now. Other than fixing the occasional bug where you're stuck in the air after Blade Storm, it's a great ability that deals massive damage. It's also plenty fast, I see Ash players clear rooms before players can touch a single enemy there, thanks to the clones.

Even worse, he's currently everyone's hated opponent in PvP. A buff to Blade Storm would be like what happened after the Nyx buff, or what happened after Rhino Prime came out and players used the Vanguard helmet with it. These things existed for a bit, then were demolished after public outcry--Absorb is no longer infinite (but still good), and Arcane helmets don't appear in alerts anymore.

I like Ash just as much as anyone else, but a Blade Storm buff could result in a heavier nerf.

It's pretty fast for me, 90% of the time I won't have the chance to kill much enemies because of BS-spamming Ash users. All because of the added clones that decreases the time taken to clear enemies. Faster animation would hurt me a bit; in the end it's all down to "who kills the enemies first".

Also, as someone who also uses Ash I need more time for a bit of survivability, it's better than Smoke Screen when you are still vulnerable.