Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Idea - Power Amplifier

Davoodoo

Devs talked about adding new power options for frames as a very high priority--that's in fact one of the primary reasons they switched to the current mod system.  A few months down the line, might be that most frames have at least one 25 energy direct-damage ability.  With that in mind, this option becomes much more viable.  The weapon would just use whatever mod is in the top left slot of the frame so long as the energy requirement works.

Would you envision this weapon having its own set of mods or would it use the standard primary weapon mods?  Would power damage/effect be drawn from the Warframe or the Weapon?  Both could be ridiculous.  One issue I can see is that this would majorly screw over 50/75 energy damaging abilities as they wouldn't have access to the weapon mods.  Here's my proposed solution: Have this weapon work off of a rapidly-refilling energy pool.  Pool size is a rare mod and you can use up to 75 energy abilities once you max.

The only thing I can't see a solution for is preventing the devaluing of 100 energy ultimates.  Any thoughts?

Devs talked about adding new power options for frames as a very high priority--that's in fact one of the primary reasons they switched to the current mod system.  A few months down the line, might be that most frames have at least one 25 energy direct-damage ability.  With that in mind, this option becomes much more viable.  The weapon would just use whatever mod is in the top left slot of the frame so long as the energy requirement works.

Would you envision this weapon having its own set of mods or would it use the standard primary weapon mods?  Would power damage/effect be drawn from the Warframe or the Weapon?  Both could be ridiculous.  One issue I can see is that this would majorly screw over 50/75 energy damaging abilities as they wouldn't have access to the weapon mods.  Here's my proposed solution: Have this weapon work off of a rapidly-refilling energy pool.  Pool size is a rare mod and you can use up to 75 energy abilities once you max.

The only thing I can't see a solution for is preventing the devaluing of 100 energy ultimates.  Any thoughts?

Most frames in fact have such 25 energy power but i dont want to see excas or rhinos spamming charge with it. Also shock/fireball dmg isnt really that high compared to latron, paris, snipetron or hek. My idea to balance it out was to give this weapon 1 bullet per clip with moderate reload time and shotgun mods so it wont end in +165/+220% dmg. It wouldnt also ruin feel which you had using powers now. 

Tbh i had another idea for it too. 1 scratch polarity slot and ability to add only certain 1st abilities to it. Costs would be low. But ember with shock isnt great idea to me.